It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we need an app for a high pressure water cleaner.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 04:17 AM
link   
What a wank! An all for you home outdoor tools like your high pressure water cleaner and other things.

I know when I clean I just want to get it done.what idiot introduces an app that you then have to interface for each job. Probably takes a while.

Chances are the cleaner probably won’t work unless you link it to your app.

I’m sick of being dictated to by manufacturers.

I just want to turn it on and get the job done.

www.kaercher.com...
edit on 16-12-2022 by robsmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: robsmith
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
This is SO ridiculous, use the app to get the perfect water pressure πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
I HATE machines telling me what to do, I'm totally capable as an intelligent human, that I can decide what I want the machine to do and how to operate it to do just that.
Even the not so secure contactless cards for payment, I'm old school, I don't mind spending a couple of seconds tapping in 4 digits onto a pad.
This pressure washer is beyond stupid though.

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

Totally agree with you
I laughed when I saw the ad on tv, I can’t help but laugh on the stupid marketing or the fact stupid people will buy this.

I have had a gerni for years, have different nozzles for differing purposes.

It ain’t hard for me to work our optimal cleaning.

edit on 16-12-2022 by robsmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Absolutely ridiculous. I'll choose my own pressure thanks. Man (woman) built machine. Machine didn't build us. Know your place a reply to: robsmith

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Yes it's all over the place, i once had to have an APP plus location activated to use a solar charger. It would not work until the initial setup via app, I knew this, but that the app needed location activated was too much... Took the #er for a ride to turn it on
it seemed as if they want to keep track of the appliances that give you a certain independence, your power washer doesn't really fit my conspiracy now...

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 06:26 AM
link   
My wife insisted we buy a new adjustable bed recently.

You guessed it- no knobs or remote... Only way to adjust it is with an app... And the bed needs wifi. What could possibly go wrong...

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: homerJ
It is all a bit too much, it’s like that Bmw as where they walk out of the house the woman is accessing the app, probably to unlock it.

Are people preferring to pull out a phone than test a wrist with a key to unlock.

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

It’s too much. Look at LEGO these days they once came with a remote for the technic kits, now you have to use a phone to control the model.

I hate how manufacturers are pandering to be cool.

Just give a dumb device, and let people use it how they want.

Though they probably monitor the usage of the appliance.

You use it too much, warranty denied.

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

It’s nuts, though I wouldn’t feel too comfortable having a device in the frame transmitting radio frequencies all night while I sleep.

Bring back old school wired remotes to adjust the bed.

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Google and Apple buying off companies to introduce this into every aspect .

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Absolutely agree, especially on a pressure washer.

When I has a larger living space used my pressure washer all the time, the first one I had was a commercial-grade one, and it was great but it got the hell beaten out of it but it still got the job done. Pretty sure Id have beaten the interface needed for a wifi app to hell and back and probably to the point a failure

even though it implies it can be connected doesn't mean it has to be connected, but still, I hate paying for stuff that's not needed

"With application consultant in the Home & Garden app: the K 7 Smart Control pressure washer incl. boost mode. Can be connected to the smartphone via Bluetooth. Incl. Home Kit."

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 11:45 AM
link   

My washer and dryer have remote features enabled by apps.

I think it’s the dumbest thing ever. I mean, you have to manually load the washer and dryer.
Sure I guess if you want to run the load late at night you can do it from your phone, but damn, that is pretty lazy.

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

even though it implies it can be connected doesn't mean it has to be connected, but still, I hate paying for stuff that's not needed

This is my problem with cars. All I want is an engine, a chassis, some seats, A/C is nice. I don't need computerization. It does not make the driving experience any better, easier, or more convenient for me. Hands-free cellular in the vehicle is nifty, that I admit. But I don't need computerized radio, A/C, etc etc. I like to turn knobs.

Overly-computerized gadgetry is simply wasteful, if nothing else. My 1970 Sony receiver still to this day works like it's brand new, sounds fantastic, and looks sharp on a table. A phone-controlled device, on the other hand, will be utterly useless in a decade. Its software, chip, etc completely obsolete. Bricked. Nada.

It will then be replaced by the new thing "they" want you to buy. It all goes back to the consumerism/profit wheel, and the fancy robo-cellular-wirelless pressure washer is just another shot of grease to the wheel.

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: wavelength

I had to chime in there.
My minivan has the MOST annoying added feature, blind spot detector.

You want to know the funniest thing, they added that component near the wheel well and you can only guess what happens. It creates it own blind spot and fails because that is where all the ice/water gunk is.
It is literally the dumbest engineering design I’ve ever seen.

I had a 2005 Grand Carvan, the most basic model you can imagine. It had ZERO luxury features and that was near the most perfect car. Everything was easily changeable, fixed, simple. I purchased the van for 6K cash and had it for many years. One of my kids crashed it and I then sold it for 2K.

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Sounds like they didn't think that one through at all!
I drove a car with a blind spot detector a couple times before. The thing about it was... it didn't seem to help. It beeped and beeped every single time a car came up from behind. This repetition eventually numbed me to it.
I've been driving for years without beeping ding-alarms. I've been alright.

And that's another point. You used to be able to pop open the hood, easily identify all of the components, and service as necessary. It's not just cars, either. Now a days, things aren't made, they're poured.

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Sounds like the precursor to controlling water usage if you ask me.

Hosepipe ban in your area means APP won't allow use of this and other such tools that are "connected".

Kill the machines NOW!

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: wavelength

originally posted by: putnam6

This is my problem with cars. All I want is an engine, a chassis, some seats, A/C is nice. I don't need computerization. It does not make the driving experience any better, easier, or more convenient for me. Hands-free cellular in the vehicle is nifty, that I admit. But I don't need computerized radio, A/C, etc etc. I like to turn knobs.

Overly-computerized gadgetry is simply wasteful, if nothing else. My 1970 Sony receiver still to this day works like it's brand new, sounds fantastic, and looks sharp on a table. A phone-controlled device, on the other hand, will be utterly useless in a decade. Its software, chip, etc completely obsolete. Bricked. Nada.

It will then be replaced by the new thing "they" want you to buy. It all goes back to the consumerism/profit wheel, and the fancy robo-cellular-wirelless pressure washer is just another shot of grease to the wheel.

Ah man, I had a fantastic stereo set up from the 80s and I lost it while it was in storage in 2002.

Pretty much a planned obsolescent or never-ending subscription service with the added bonus of tabulating every time you pressure wash your back deck and no doubt trying to sell you anything related to pressure washing.

Our new oven has an app and I honestly refuse to set it up to use it, number 1 I can't imagine ever needing it and number 2 I'll be the only one who knows how to use it anyway.

I want to find ways to be less connected LOL, not more connected.

Speaking of vehicles during COVID I has to sell my 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 had over 260,000 miles on it and it never gave me any trouble I drove for a living for a lot of those years, I loved that truck it was fairly easy to fix and maintain.

The new trucks are expensive as hell, I can't justify the cost even if I was impressed by them, which I am not. Pretty sure I'll wind up getting at least something close to a turn-of-the-century truck just so I don't pay for features I probably won't use. And it's not like I don't know how to use them, I just know most of these features I'll never need. Like a GPS installed on my dash, I don't need it, and if I do need a GPS my phone has always done fine. I find it difficult to find one new feature that 'I llI use enough to justify the expense

posted on Dec, 17 2022 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

"Subscription Service"
You've captured the motto of the 21st century in two words. Everything is designed to make you pay, and pay again.
And again... and again... and again...

An oven app? What next? iSocks? How about a smartphone-controlled ponytail tie? Dude, I could write an entire book (satirical, of course) about all of stupidest app-lications, and everything I think I'm making up will probably turn up on the market within a couple weeks.

posted on Dec, 17 2022 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

And allowing Alexa the spy into my house....never.

posted on Dec, 17 2022 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I think a lot of these apps for mundane appliances are not the need of the consumer, it’s manufacturers, wanting to loon cool and arrract a younger client base.

Though not realising they are disenfranchising older customers.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join