It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan launches the first commercial flight to the moon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2022 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: jerryznv

Didn't Japan land a vehicle on the dark side of the moon about 2 years ago, that sent back pictures which were really eerie? A huge structure was in one photo I believe. And it wasn't really dark on that side of the moon.

I think that was China...

Yes it was China...The Chang'e-4 spacecraft!

I'll grab a link!

The first-ever vehicle to make a soft landing on the ‘dark-side’ of the Moon has taken some eerie snapshots of its rarely-seen surface

China’s Chang’e-4 spacecraft was sent on its mission around this time last year so to mark the one year anniversary the country has released some of the images and scientific data it collected.

Dark Side

edit on 11-12-2022 by jerryznv because: random

posted on Dec, 11 2022 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: jerryznv

originally posted by: Athetos
It’s called having a mid point off point off world for further space missions. Also there is a stupid amount of rare minerals there. you complete derp.
Almost as dumb as that time you said boobs arnt sexualized anyplace else but the west. I still laugh about that sometimes.
Can’t see the forest from the trees sometime old boy.

a reply to: TzarChasm

Wait...if there's no boobs on the moon...I don't want to go! That's the westerner in me I suppose!

Actually...the moon...imagine...ya...I'd go whether there's boobs or not!

I'm curious how Japan jumped so far ahead and with the other space programs...it seems inevitable we may get to go in my lifetime...exciting thought actually!

who wants to be a boob smuggler?

i'm starting a cartel.

edit on 03/22/2022 by sarahvital because: (no reason given)

edit on 03/22/2022 by sarahvital because: lol, made a mistake, i corrected it i hope.

posted on Dec, 11 2022 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

As posted above it was China. There were no structures through just a rock they wanted to go look at, so they did.

Japan's space agency, however, did have a very successful orbital probe.

As for thr thread, cool. Not sure it will be a money maker though, unless the costs of getting there suddenly come down a lot.

posted on Dec, 12 2022 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo
a reply to: carewemust

As posted above it was China. There were no structures through just a rock they wanted to go look at, so they did.

Japan's space agency, however, did have a very successful orbital probe.

As for thr thread, cool. Not sure it will be a money maker though, unless the costs of getting there suddenly come down a lot.

I don't know...this is a different exploration but interesting...

Dark side of the moon

Here's a pretty strange one:

edit on 12-12-2022 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2022 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
Imagine wanting to colonize a dead rock whose environment is literally uninhabitable unless you bring your own artificial atmosphere and biome from home, which is basically the same as immigrating your entire native habitat.

I think that is what we're all here doing.
What were your ruminations on the topic?
edit on 12-12-2022 by Jeebs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2022 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: jerryznv

Yeah unfortunately Waring is a deluded fantasist who only ever uses the worst possible low quality images, and thinks that all he needs to do to prove his point is colour things in. He's claiming NASA airbrushed out a structure and replaced it with a fake crater, but the reality is that the object is just a product of google moon's stitching process. It does not exist in the original lunar orbiter image.

I know this because I have a copy of the original lunar orbiter atlas, and here's the photo from it:

It's ironic that he urges people to get the same book to look at, but somehow neglects to check for himself when newspapers and other media outlets are looking for cheap space fillers.

It also doesn't appear in China's image:

The final image of your three is just fake, plain and simple. Find where it is on the moon, check for yourself.

The 'blocky image' is not part of the one the story is about, and while blocks are not impossible features, it wouldn't suyrprise me if that was also fake, at least in part. It says 'NASA ' as a source, but you don't get any NASA hits when you search for the image elsewhere, and it very conveniently doesn't tell you where it's sourced from or where it can be found on the moon.

Anywhere on the moon has at a multitude of image sources that can be used to double check claims like this.
edit on 12/12/2022 by OneBigMonkeyToo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2022 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

Oh I don't doubt you!!!

I was just happily playing along with the thread!

posted on Dec, 12 2022 @ 12:18 PM
link   

It’s called having a mid point off point off world for further space missions. Also there is a stupid amount of rare minerals there. you complete derp.
Almost as dumb as that time you said boobs arnt sexualized anyplace else but the west. I still laugh about that sometimes.

I had no idea that I apparently own real estate in your mental circus, although I suspect even free might be asking too much money to live there.

edit on 12-12-2022 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

I had no idea that I apparently own real estate in your mental circus, although I suspect even free might be asking too much money to live there.

Hi Tzarchasm! I'm proud to admit you lease space in my head for free. Did you happen to see my reply in any thread I'm talking to you in, or should I start the eviction notice on the grounds that you lack debating skills?

I mean I get it, laziness is a strong motivator and engaging me maybe just a bit too much for you? That's okay! Everyone has a limit.
edit on 13-12-2022 by Jeebs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AOx6179
nypost.com...
"A Japanese space startup launched a spacecraft to the moon on Sunday after several delays, a step toward what would be a first for the nation and for a private company."

They launched from Cape canaveral FL, using a Space X rocket.

So, the thread subject is completely wrong.

It should read: Japanese Company leases Space-X rocket...

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: sarahvital

Allah akbar!!!

I am on your team! You own my life!

Boobs or die, unbelievers!!!

And because… boobs on the moon reminds me of some movie…

If I could only remember the title…

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join