It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Shopping Centre Explosion.

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2022 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Accident ? Sabotage ?

Huge explosions destroys shopping centre near Moscow.

The first video shows the power of the blast as the front section blows out.

R.I.P. to the victims.

posted on Dec, 9 2022 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

That looks horrific.
Gas main maybe?

posted on Dec, 9 2022 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Let us hope it is not a false flag event by Putin to give himself a green light to start using his nukes,

posted on Dec, 9 2022 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
Looks like it.... just like the houses we see here in the UK, but much bigger scale.
Doesn't rule out sabotage though...... yet.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 9 2022 @ 04:25 PM
link   
That is too bad..

I really do not give a rats ass at this point.

It wasn't a missile so ?? WTF Who knows, who cares??

Putin doesn't have the balls to use nukes so it does not matter.

Just do not have the capacity to keep up with all the lies and propaganda

edit on 9-12-2022 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2022 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Structural collapse due to the initial fire could have caused gas leaks , looks like the first (gas) explosion could have set of the adjecent area's filled with gas.

posted on Dec, 9 2022 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Ukraine bombing civilians?

Yep, probably..

posted on Dec, 9 2022 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

You Anti Russia Type Folks seem to be quite desperate recently.

posted on Dec, 9 2022 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

I'm not ruling anything out Jane, just looked to me like the when the very large explosion went off the building was already on fire. That suggested to me a gas explosion - granted, I have no expert knowledge in this area at all.

I have no idea what caused the initial fire.

I've learnt over the years that speculation on such tragic events as this is pointless and its best left to the experts.

posted on Dec, 9 2022 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

I'm not anti Russian... just anti war, and Russia's war on Ukraine is unjust and uncalled for.
Time to go home Russians.. and think of a better way of dealing with the rest of the world.

No one cares how strong or weak you are.

We all have to live on the same planet.

Peace

posted on Dec, 9 2022 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Ya know what?

I appreciate your common sense responses to, like, almost everything.

My wife loves ya too, lmao...

Whether we agree on a particular topic doesn't bother me, if I'm dealing with common sense people, we can always trust the Truth to shine through!

edit on 12/9/2022 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Dec, 10 2022 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem
Awwww! Thank you.... and your wife

Merry Christmas to you both!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 10 2022 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

That looks horrific.
Gas main maybe?

I’m no expert but it seems odd that natural gas would reach such a high concentration before igniting under those conditions.

It appears that it filled that whole wing of the building before popping off. Seems odd to me.

posted on Dec, 10 2022 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuff
And therein lies the possibility of sabotage perhaps?
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 10 2022 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

That looks horrific.
Gas main maybe?

Could well be, however the only thing i find unusual maybe is on the first video at the 0.18 second mark, you can see that behind the bus there are 3 explosions about a second apart.

Would a gas main explosion go up with just a single large bang ? I am no expert on explosions so maybe talking out the top of my head.

posted on Dec, 10 2022 @ 04:53 AM
link   

I’m not really qualified in blowing things up but I know buildings.

Lots of assumptions here but if it’s a mall it’s probably a fairly open concept.

There may be fire doors that drop. Probably a lead linkage holding the door up that melts from the heat of the fire. That may have allowed the gas to build up longer.

The “gas” looked like it filled that unburned wing of the building and exploded starting at the burning fire end.

If the gas leak was at the right hand side furthest from the flames it’s possible that once it reached the burning end it ignited and exploded back to the right.

But why a leak at the undamaged end of the building?

posted on Dec, 10 2022 @ 05:02 AM
link   

I watched it again. Good catch.

The explosion could have been slowed down by narrow hallways but I assume they would also slow down the spread of the gas.

Tomorrow I’ll look up a few vids of gas explosions.

posted on Dec, 10 2022 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: starfoxxx
That is too bad..

I really do not give a rats ass at this point.

It wasn't a missile so ?? WTF Who knows, who cares??

Putin doesn't have the balls to use nukes so it does not matter.

Just do not have the capacity to keep up with all the lies and propaganda

I agree with you but I don’t think Putin has issues with his testicular fortitude.

Rather, I think he knows that if he pushes the proverbial “red button” that he should immediately blow his own head off after the button push - because he (nor his country or military) will last terribly long after the candle is lit.

Said another way, he’s not suicidal.

posted on Dec, 10 2022 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuff

Daily Mail had this.

The head of the Moscow region's emergency services agency said it appeared the blaze was the result of safety regulations being violated during repair work.

Yeah, the source. But may be an accurate quote, looks like they were quoting Reuters:

www.reuters.com...

Cheers
edit on 10-12-2022 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2022 @ 10:09 AM
link   

could be home grown terror, russia has more of that then they let on and there are a great many that are opposed to the ‘special military operation’.

from this report it says the center was a DYI home Center and they now think it was started due to a electrical fire after first saying it was arson and that explosions were due to flammable materials in the store and only one death.

“The building’s structural features and a large combustible load complicated efforts to extinguish the fire. The fire spread rapidly over a large area due to the formation of strong convection currents from the collapse of the roof and instant access to oxygen,” Russia’s Emergency Situations Ministry said in a social media update.

One person was reportedly killed and Moscow region prosecutors later identified the victim as a MEGA Khimki employee, likely a security guard.

Initial reports had suggested that the blaze may have been the result of arson but subsequent reports suggested instead an electrical fault as the more likely cause, exacerbated by flammable and explosive substances such as paints and gas in the store.

One Person Dies As Explosions And Fire Engulf Moscow Shopping Center

i'm still going with home grown terror, it would be just like russia to claim it's just a non war related deal.

as i've said russia has their share of home grown terrorists, and terrorist from occupied countries

new topics

top topics

join