It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm pretty sure Russia got the better part of the deal...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2022 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: sarahvital

Oh, my gosh I was going to post something like that along the lines, you beat me at it.

posted on Dec, 9 2022 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Snowden is in Russia, so thats a no go.

Assange was holed up in an embassy, the Brits had to find a way to get him out of there but we simply couldn't go in guns drawn and nab him.

He sure did gets lots of praise from President Trump during the 2016 election campaign when he was helping him win though by releasing all of that dirt on Hillary Clinton. The Feds never forgot though, they just waited patiently.

As for Griner, I've read Whelan wasn't on the negotiating table since he's supposedly a spy. They could have her or nobody.
edit on CST01Fri, 09 Dec 2022 01:38:16 -060000000012b2022 by Thrumbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2022 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Viktor Bout worked with the US military, He had a company that flew weapons into war zones.
The Russians wanted their highly dangerous arm dealer. The US wanted their Wokety Woke Basket Ball player. Instead of the hero veteran.

posted on Dec, 10 2022 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: didntasktobeborned
Forgetting that Marine seems like its already done. Yes get the civilian out first, makes sense…But this trade I fear was more than satisfying the narrative..a coincidental narrative at best..Ill get back with You after Ive chewed on it some more..

a reply to: hangedman13

He ain't a Marine - he's an ex-Marine that got 'less than honorably discharged' reduced in grade from Sargent to Private - for currency theft, bouncing checks, and logging on to sensitive applications using stolen credentials while on duty in Iraq.

He ain't no clean skin. The Russian charges may well be trumped up, but an innocent in babe land, he ain't.

The Ruskies undoubtedly want Bettina, Ames, and Hannson in trade for him, and they ain't gonna get them.

And anyway, Whelan has (at least) 4 passports. What is Ireland doing to get him out? UK? Canada?

Edit to add: Paul Whelan was in a Russian prison during most of the Trump presidency and he never freed him, never once said his name, and never once tweeted about him.

edit on 10/12/2022 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2022 @ 11:32 AM
link   

He ain't a Marine - he's an ex-Marine that got 'less than honorably discharged' reduced in grade from Sargent to Private - for currency theft, bouncing checks, and logging on to sensitive applications using stolen credentials while on duty in Iraq.

He ain't no clean skin. The Russian charges may well be trumped up, but an innocent in babe land, he ain't.

When I first heard about him I heard all the stuff You mention, and figured, Yeah , hell be over there a while..not much value, unless they think he's gonna help the Russians, and the way it sounds Russians may just give him back cuz they're broke and can't feed the guy…I was definitely not under the delusion he was an active duty operator being tortured daily..ha..

posted on Dec, 15 2022 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: 11SK1180
The US wanted their Wokety Woke Basket Ball player. Instead of the hero veteran.

Of what 'hero veteran' do you speak?

I suspect you are talking bollocks here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join