It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AOC ethics committee investigation

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 02:51 PM
link   
That headline was shortened for space.
The whole headline is..

"Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Is Under Investigation By House Ethics Committee"

Not much being released about the investigation, just that it's happening.

"The House Committee on Ethics is investigating Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.), according to a statement the panel issued on Wednesday. 

The statement, which did not provide many details about the inquiry, said that the panel will announce its course of action after its organizational meeting in the next Congress, sometime in 2023."

www.forbes.com...

Probably something stupid like not reporting a donation.
Time will tell....maybe

And before anyone asks...
No...
I don't want to date her..

edit on 7-12-2022 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 03:04 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 03:18 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for POLITE political debate will be enforced.

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!
edit on Wed Dec 7 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

The story should be - All Dems being investigated by the House Ethics Committee for having no ethics at all.

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
The statement, which did not provide many details about the inquiry, said that the panel will announce its course of action after its organizational meeting in the next Congress, sometime in 2023."

This is a huge red flag for me.

Public servants should not engage in these matters without disclosure. It has too great a potential to be a political side show.

But then, that's political theater for you. The thespians gather...

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars

I agree.
Why bother disclosing that there’s an investigation but not telling anyone why it’s happening?
edit on 7-12-2022 by Bluntone22 because: Stupid auto correct

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 05:50 PM
link   

That headline was shortened for space.
The whole headline is..

"Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Is Under Investigation By House Ethics Committee"

Not much being released about the investigation, just that it's happening.

"The House Committee on Ethics is investigating Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.), according to a statement the panel issued on Wednesday. 

www.forbes.com...

Probably something stupid like not reporting a donation.
Time will tell....maybe

And before anyone asks...
No...
I don't want to date her..

Bawahahahaahahaha !!!!

If that BEATCH is already under House investigation, a House still under control of Democrats, it can only mean tha AOC has committed something something so YUUUGE that even Democrats feel unable to defend her and want to distance themselves from her

And, this, from the same Democrats that are still not investigating Hunter Biden.
Just imagine how big AOC's corruption must be

My guess is that the Bronx Bimbo Barmaid has stolen MILLIONS from her campaign, and in a blatant, indefensible manner that Democrats can't find a way to hide

Hunter at least made some effort to hide his dealings. Hunter when fully stoned is smarter than AOC sober

AOC is an entitled idiot.
Watch for her Waaacism defence....

On the positive side, fortunately, her district includes Rikers Island....Lololololololololol !
edit on 7-12-2022 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maxmars

This is a huge red flag for me.

Public servants should not engage in these matters without disclosure. It has too great a potential to be a political side show.

But then, that's political theater for you. The thespians gather...

Yep, otherwise youre simply investigating people looking for crimes.

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Sources said she mis calculated her "in kind" contribution values 🤡

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

So, they're investigating a mistake?

Why am I so underwhelmed?

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

In kind ?

So, AOC misappropriated too much Prep H for the sores on her lips ? Or is it about medical care for something down her throat ?
edit on 7-12-2022 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2022 @ 01:03 AM
link   
This is establishment Dems taking a shot. I have never seen anything but glowing endorsements for all things AOC on every news site…today all of them ran this AOC corruption article with little/no actual info.

Nancy & crew on the way out, whoever is next in line needs to knock AOC down a few pegs so she doesn’t get aspirations beyond their useful idiot.

Nothing will come of it, all PR and veiled threats.

posted on Dec, 8 2022 @ 05:11 AM
link   
SPAM

edit on 12/8/2022 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2022 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

It means some other democrat wants her spot. Sor os will either come to her aid, or let her flop.

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Notice how the "Jan 6th" committee referral of Congressmen to "Ethics Investigations" was trumpeted all over the U.S. media last night and today?

Source: www.axios.com...

But this referral of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to the House Ethics Committee for investigation on December 7th, received almost no News Media mention.

AOC Busted: freebeacon.com...

Note: 95% of U.S. NEWS MEDIA ARE AGAINST TRADITIONAL AMERICA.

THEY MUST BE DESTROYED AND REBUILT...or simply DESTROYED.

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Framesend
This is establishment Dems taking a shot. I have never seen anything but glowing endorsements for all things AOC on every news site…today all of them ran this AOC corruption article with little/no actual info.

Nancy & crew on the way out, whoever is next in line needs to knock AOC down a few pegs so she doesn’t get aspirations beyond their useful idiot.

Nothing will come of it, all PR and veiled threats.

Bingo. Wish I had read this opinion sooner, sparing me from logging in to post this same observation.

I''ll add that my thoughts on whether or not nothing will come of it are reserved for a later date. A hallmark of this site is the abundant threads about CTs in which celebs are issued "symbolic punishments", for instance black eyes, prominent bruises, noteworthy and ugly "injuries" that are easily spotted by the public. The CT is that tPTB dole out these punishments when they are displeased with a person, and this sign of a very clear-cut injury is supposed to be some type of coded message for those "in the know", that the injured person has crossed a line. The humiliation of such a distinctive injury for a figure in the public eye is their purported penance.

My mind wandered to this CT immediately upon reading such a vague accusation from a mainstream media outlet, that concerns one of the darling characters of the party that's been in power in the legislative branch for the past few years. This investigation, and the matter in which it's being reported, has the feel of some type of Sword of Damocles; a threat of a calamitous outcome not so securely, and not very subtly held over this woman's head.

One can only conclude that even the most "progressive" members of the left's caucus can tolerate only so much agitation and inertia towards wanton, disruptive and chaotic action as swirls around CrazEE Eyes.

So my judgement on what will come is left for how she responds: if she "gets" whatever message being sent, and toes the line, or doubles down on CrazEEE.

I'm wondering if such crowd favorites as "they were callin' my name and comin' in ta rApE ME!" or "stumble in abject despair at the border cage" will be dusted off and trotted out as some sort of parry/counter stroke against here accusers. Or perhaps that level (quite low level actually) of PR gamesmanship is reserved for the other side?

Very intriguing story that I'll be following...

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 11:10 PM
link   
or show clips from her new movie.

coz no one ever saw it.

edit on 03/22/2022 by sarahvital because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 11:17 PM
link   
They should tack on Ilhan Omar and all her marriages etc with her family members and fraud shes committed and drag em ALL into an investigation

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
They should tack on Ilhan Omar and all her marriages etc with her family members and fraud shes committed and drag em ALL into an investigation

See this makes sense, and it can be used to pad pockets. Omar's husband, ex-husband, brother, and who knows what else can all have their own investigations.

I wonder if the issue with Cortez has anything to do with that "nip-slip" that happened on one of her late night facetimes or is it just a warning shot to try and get her under control and prevent her from going "Independant" like many Democrats have lately.

new topics

top topics

join