It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indonesia criminalises sex before marriage or living defacto.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I decided a little while ago that starting threads wasn't for me but after todays news about Indonesia banning sex before marriage and defacto living together as of 2025 I came on here to comment on a thread I thought I was sure to find.

I found no such thread so this is a double rant -

Firstly ATS why is this still not a thread why are you slipping on this one can't you all see this is huge, there is some sort of oppression being seeded here, this is conspiracy rich stuff no? (End of rant1)

Secondly what the ● is going on that this nonsense is being geared up to be enforced as a criminal act punishable by imprisonment, foreigners are not exempt apparently either, do they honestly expect tourism to survive under these conditions.....just how would the Indonesian authorities enforce this nonsense and police it?

Something really stinks here and I don't think its religion, this is a weird angle Indonesia is coming from.

Seems more freedoms are being eroded, seems to be alot of that going on of late.

This world is a mess, we are heading backwards not forwards.......rapidly.

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

you'll soon need some plausible scenario to explain the plummeting birthrates.

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 09:23 AM
link   
There is a strong Muslim influence in Indonesia. I suspect that is where these laws are coming from.

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

However, several newspapers and critics of the law have decried it as part of an erosion of civil liberties in what is the world's third-largest democracy. Other laws ban black magic, insulting the president or state institutions, spreading views against state ideology, and staging protests without notification.
www.euronews.com...

Wow. Some Democracy.
Little to no liberty and freedom.

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Indonesia has been losing ground to Islam for a while now. This is logical given that knowledge.

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Indonesia has been losing ground to Islam for a while now. This is logical given that knowledge.

I have a friend there from school who is both muslim and a yoga teacher. Makes me wonder how long those values will be compatible for her in terms of legality and acceptability. Society seems to be degrading in so many weird ways.

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: igloo

Indonesia used to be an example of what a modern reasonably tolerant Muslim society could be, but then the Middle Eastern brand spread itself over there too, and it's been creeping in steadily as time has gone on.

posted on Dec, 7 2022 @ 09:27 PM
link   
And today they let out the guy who built the bombs for the Bali bombings...
He's served 10 years of a 20 year sentence and his bombs killed over 200 innocents including 88 Aussies.
www.abc.net.au...

new topics

top topics

join