It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Answers to China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I found an interesting post online worth sharing. Autocomplete on google seems to be completely broken when it comes to "protests in china." If you type in "protests in c, you get prompts for Cuba, Chile, Columbia, but nothing on China. Google doesn't even suggest China at all until one types C H I N, and at that point it suggests: protests in china against banks.
Even when one types in "protests in China, all that shows up in autocomplete is "protests in china bank" and "protests in China against banks"
Try it for yourself:
www.google.com...
Odd that China has that sort of sway over Google, and therefore the free exchange of information, isn't it?
Do we all live under China's censorship rules now?
edit on 5-12-2022 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Silicon Valley has its origins in the US mil complex, doesn't it?

You wouldn't think that the global powers are ultimately in bed with each-other, and share the same goal of global dominion?

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: livinglight108

I would think so
but am very happy to see more and more evidence of such collusion coming to light for all to see.

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 05:11 PM
link   
It is blatant.

The variants of covid, delta and omicron, being in the DRACO constellation couldn't have been deliberate, right??

COVID backwards = DIVOC is a Hebrew word which can mean possession by an evil Spirit. Further 1=a 9=i so there's our AI!

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Search engine constraints are a favorite tool of information control. There are no innocents here.

That you and I were expecting the providers' presence on the internet to mean they would provide information we could use was the deception itself.

They will provide you with the information they want you to have access to... and they actively adopt new strategies to up/downgrade, re/misdirect, or completely obfuscate - in the name of (to quote a now famous South Park character) "Whatever, I do what I want!"

There were never any promises that their search engines would, be unbiased, be free from exploitation, or even be faithfully complete... the closest we got to that was, "Don't be evil."

I would laugh, but somehow this doesn't seem funny to me.

edit on 12/5/2022 by Maxmars because: formatting - dang it!

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maxmars

Search engine constraints are a favorite tool of information control. There are no innocents here.

That you and I were expecting the providers' presence on the internet to mean they would provide information we could use was the deception itself.

They will provide you with the information they want you to have access to... and they actively adopt new strategies to up/downgrade, re/misdirect, or completely obfuscate - in the name of (to quote a now famous South Park character) "Whatever, I do what I want!"

There were never any promises that their search engines would, be unbiased, be free from exploitation, or even be faithfully complete... the closest we got to that was, "Don't be evil."

I would laugh, but somehow this doesn't seem funny to me.

Google was probably funded by DARPA/US-MIL just like the rest of the giant tech companies.

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars

Excellent point. All information obtained in this manner comes at a cost. In this case, we're relinquishing our independence and privacy when using online search engines.

Thanks for adding some more nuance into the discussion.

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Duckduck and first result after typing ‚protest in c’ is ‚protest in china’.

But main point is accurate. Who controls the flow of information controls the world.

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: residentofearth

Good to know; thanks. I tried the yahoo search engine and it did show up--though I got more localized results first (which would at least make sense).

Seems that it might be a google-specific phenomenon.

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 07:36 PM
link   

China hacked Google before and hijacked their browser, so I'm wondering if they did it again? I'm not a computer wiz so it was just a thought that crossed my mind.

Once the attackers were “in” Google systems, they could access easily Perforce systems and it was said that they manage to steal some source code for the Google Chrome browser.

www.blackhatethicalhacking.com...

Or, alternatively, Google knows China can easily hack them again, so then you are right, Google bows down to China.

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Heard a long time ago that some experts believed we would end up blended with folk from that part of the world as an alliance first then mixing of the races.

*shrugs* maybe some are still trying to push that.

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Another interesting perspective. A few quotes would make it seem that, at least about 12 years ago, google executives were very unhappy about participating in the censorship inside China, let alone censoring the rest of the world at the behest of China.

In 2008, when the Olympics were held in China, many people visited the site, but the Chinese government continued to request censorship of more search terms. The censorship requests went on and after the Olympics had ended. The requests included broader search terms to be censored, like anything in sexual nature, anything that criticized the Chinese government or politicians was banned search terms in google.cn.

This made Google executives unhappy and expressed their frustrations about the censorship, believing that now are helping China to conduct their oppression to Chinese people.

I don't remember reading about Operation Aurora before--wow

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
a reply to: quintessentone

Another interesting perspective. A few quotes would make it seem that, at least about 12 years ago, google executives were very unhappy about participating in the censorship inside China, let alone censoring the rest of the world at the behest of China.

In 2008, when the Olympics were held in China, many people visited the site, but the Chinese government continued to request censorship of more search terms. The censorship requests went on and after the Olympics had ended. The requests included broader search terms to be censored, like anything in sexual nature, anything that criticized the Chinese government or politicians was banned search terms in google.cn.

This made Google executives unhappy and expressed their frustrations about the censorship, believing that now are helping China to conduct their oppression to Chinese people.

I don't remember reading about Operation Aurora before--wow

Yeah, and they also hacked through CCleaner back in 2015...I wonder if it's OK now, I use it often.

In 2015, Barrack Obama and Chinese President Xi Jinping met to discuss cyber-attack diplomacy.

They finally came to an agreement in the end.

Despite that, the cyber-war continues between the US and China behind the scenes. China became a suspect for various hacking incidents since 2015, like the malware found in CCleaner, a popular windows clean-up tool, which with that attack the attackers accessed, again, data of Microsoft and Google.

Every country needs to be a step ahead of the other, and trying to gather as much information illegally to achieve that seems to be the way in today’s world.

Foreign countries will continue to play cat and mouse as long as machines are connected to the Internet, which makes it something that we have to live with, learn and be better for the next attack.

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 10:17 PM
link   

edit on Mon Dec 5 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Great catch Zosimov.

originally posted by: livinglight108

Silicon Valley has its origins in the US mil complex, doesn't it?

Yes it does.

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 06:00 AM
link   

as we have seen, it's as easy as sending an e-mail and getting a reply "handled".

So in answer to your question, yes, we are all under China's control one way or another. Just ask Jao Bi Den.
edit on 6-12-2022 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name.

top topics

join