It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Words Were Sealed Until the Time of the End

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Here is something I was thinking about that proves to me that the words contained in the Bible are indeed from a superhuman source. It has to do with a prophecy given to Daniel and what the angel told Daniel about this prophecy.

Towards the end of Daniel’s life an angel gave him a very cryptic prophecy, one that perplexed the prophet and he said as much, saying he didn’t understand it. The angel told Daniel that the words of the prophecy were to be sealed until the time of the end and then the ones having insight would rove to and fro through the scriptures and the true knowledge would become abundant. You can find all of this in Daniel 12.

Now think about this. In ancient times it probably wasn’t a very common thing for everyone to have scrolls, or papyri in their homes. Some cultures were mostly illiterate, not all. The culture of the Jews was that everyone was taught to read and write. But even they would gather together every Sabbath in their synagogues where the scrolls were kept and the older men would read them and they would expound upon them. In fact when Jesus was on earth he was always at the synagogue. And he even stood up to read from the scrolls, and told the people present that the words written in them were fulfilled that day in him.

The point of this is that the cryptic messages given Daniel would have to be cross referenced with future prophecies, especially those given to the apostle John, who didn’t write his revelations for another 600 years. Also Jesus Christ referenced words in that prophecy and applied them to a future time.

No human could have lived long enough to see all of this happen. And no humans living such vast amounts of times apart could have agreed with each other so that a cryptic prophecy from hundreds upon hundreds of years in the past would be expounded upon. And then it wouldn’t be until 1,900 years later, in our time when God’s word, faithfully preserved by God-fearing men of the past would be readily available to almost every human on earth at the click of a button, or on written page. And faithful men, anointed with holy spirit, and by means of the guidance of God’s active force, through prayer and study of God’s word, and deep meditation on it, have come to an accurate understanding of what those words mean. And they have revealed it to the world by means of their preaching work, one of the very things that very prophecy said would happen:

“As for you, Daniel, keep the words secret, and seal up the book until the time of the end. Many will rove about, and the true knowledge will become abundant.”-Daniel 12:4.

“Many will cleanse themselves and whiten themselves and will be refined. And the wicked ones will act wickedly, and none of the wicked will understand; but those having insight will understand.”-Daniel 12:10.

“And those having insight among the people will impart understanding to the many. And they will be made to stumble by sword and by flame, by captivity and by plundering, for some days.”-Daniel 11:33.

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 03:04 PM
link   
there is a special blessing to those who read the Revelation to John

Rev 1:3 (KJV) “Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.”

I'm personally frustrated at how much I don't understand, but I accept this. like climbing a hill, the higher you get, the more you can see. the closer to the end, I think, the more we'll understand.

we may not know the time, but as the Book says, we can recognize the seasons. anyone aware of the world around us understands the reference to 'the time of Noah'.

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: randomuser

Well....... I could explain that to you. Partly the mystery of Daniel is that it's a incomplete prophecy. To understand them you have to go on a hunt through the other books and add the missing pieces to make a complete whole. So here's the missing piece to the 70 weeks prophecy of Daniel 9.

The missing part to it is in the book of Hosea and the Day of Jezreel prophecy. Put simply that prophecy predicts that Israel and Judah was to face a long term top level Leviticus 26 curse. But in verse 6-2 of Hosea we find a time line for the curse.
2 days in the presence of the Lord with the 3rd day being the day of Jezreel.

BUT.

Those are days in the presence of the Lord. Per 2nd Peter 3-8 and Psalms 90 those are 1000 year periods of time. All of Israel were to face a 2000 year curse. Then followed by the 1000 year Day of Jezreel. Now combine that with Daniel 9 and the 70 week prophecy and you have the timeline of what's been happening since the restoration of Jerusalem Back in the BC era. 69 weeks or 483 years that ended with the Crucifixion. Then the 2000 year curse took over and will end with the 2000th anniversary of the death of Jesus Christ. Along with the last week of 7 years.

Then the day of Jezreel will take over for a thousand years. And there's the timeline of the Apocalypse.

new topics

join