It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could you kill yourself with a dream?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Ambien is a definite no.

I used to take anxiety medication in my late teens, early 20's for quite a few years. Ambien is cross-tolerant with those, acts on the same area of the brain receptors. Because of this, it triggers some kind of rebound or withdrawal effect, down-regulates those receptors, they never forget apparently.

After taking it a few nights in a row, I'd feel like absolute crap in the day time. Anxious, edgy, ready to panic at anything.

On a side note, this gets interesting because something would make that feeling go away for a short amount of time. Alcohol! Yep, it also works on the same part of the brain, along with other mechanisms. Next thing you know, I'd be drinking to relieve the anxiety caused by taking the ambien to sleep the night before.

To someone who doesn't know about this, truly the person is just trying to get high in one way or another. Taking ambien in the middle of the day to make the problems from taking ambien the night before to go away.
edit on CST12Mon, 05 Dec 2022 12:36:48 -060000000012b2022 by Thrumbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Thrumbo

You, me and Stephen King (author) are alike, but through the decades I've taught myself to wake myself up or to change the plot of the dream. For instance, once I was in a room and it started filling up with water, well I simply grew gills and went about my business. Another dream was I was falling from a cliff and half way down I gave myself wings and enjoyed the wonders of flight. My children also have this curse and so I taught them to either wake themselves up or change the dream to whatever and wherever you want it to go. I also say "No" a lot in my dreams and that does the trick too.
edit on q000000321231America/Chicago2828America/Chicago12 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Yeah I've gotten pretty good at making myself wake up. It's almost like I know it's a bunch of BS in the end when it starts to get ugly. I'll still fool myself for amounts of time though.

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Thrumbo

W had an Er run once. The guy took Ambien...and mushrooms. He was naked in the yard w a football helmet and boots on. Saw us yelled "Sassafras! Mommy!".... This was before we knew he 1st smoked a joint, took 15 mgs Valium, still couldn't sleep....took the Ambien, didn't realize then took the shrooms.

It took a good while for him to crash ..with much needed attention not to f'in die

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join