It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morality police abolished, big win for protesters in Iran

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 07:08 AM
link   
The full title of the video is : Iran Hijab Protest: Morality police abolished, big win for protesters | Latest World News | WION... If this actually comes to pass I for one will be glad those who sacrificed life and limp actually accomplished something. Anyone who has lived in a Muslim country and experienced some of the thug morality police will realize this really is a big deal for a Muslim country.

youtu.be...

youtu.be...

youtu.be...

edit on 727thk22 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Morality police abolished.

And they will be reinstated in a year or so, when and if things calm down.

You can bet on it.

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 07:19 AM
link   

I have to admit to a bit of confusion when it comes to this. Observing religious tradition is one thing; but the "proscribed" treatment of offenders seemed to be unbelievably cruel and oppressive.

Islam is not the only religion whose faith includes "proscribed" punishments for disobedient, or errant faithful. I would love to more fully understand how the non-Muslim religions came to modify their practices, while the Muslim communities did not, comparatively speaking.

Actually, it appears in Iran the practices of this shaming punishment (which went far beyond shaming) is extreme compared with other Muslims outside their country. I suppose looking at coverage from the other countries on this topic might expand our view in this area as well. I'm afraid it is an area of exploration that I have yet to visit.

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
The full title of the video is : Iran Hijab Protest: Morality police abolished, big win for protesters | Latest World News | WION... If this actually comes to pass I for one will be glad those who sacrificed life and limp actually accomplished something. Anyone who has lived in a Muslim country and experienced some of the thug morality police will realize this really is a big deal for a Muslim country.

I hope it is true. Feminists in the US and Western nations abandoned and ignored women in Islamic nations. So the women there had to rise up for themselves because no one else in the world would help them. To the shame of the rest of the world. Unfortunately, it wasn't until men got involved and also rose up that Iran budged on it's anti-women horrific public treatment of women.

But behind the scenes women are still oppressed. As long as Islamic nations supply the world's oil, (when the US could but won't), no one will touch the Islamic countries for their dreadful treatment of women.

The woke in the US and western nations will continue to do nothing. Especially, since lately women in the US and other western nations, have been made second class citizens with fewer rights than "women with a penis". Restoring the concept of male superiority in the US and other western nations.

edit on 12/4/22 by The2Billies because: format

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 07:47 AM
link   
This is positive,but it is only a small step in the right direction.
The same evil rulers of Iran are still in power,and thousands of the basij are still living free after years of oppressing torturing and killing those who just want to be free.
If members of my family had been opressed and killed by those people-I would not be satisfied with this as an outcome.

I would want the entire regime ripped out by the root and burned to ashes.

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 08:25 AM
link   

So, officially they are disbanded. Does this make the act of punishing someone for the same offences illeagle? If not, then it won't make a lot of difference.

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 11:25 AM
link   
This is going to be a big disappointment for the "Insurrectionist Should Be Punished" crowd. I'm sure they were hoping these insurrectionists would get lengthy prison sentences.

You wouldn't see the Canadian regime giving in to protestors like this.

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Iran says hijab law is under review, as state media dismisses claims feared morality police has been abolished

Iran’s Attorney General Mohammad Jafar Montazeri said Thursday that Iran’s parliament and judiciary are reviewing the country’s mandatory hijab law, according to pro-reform outlet Entekhab.

Montazeri was also quoted as saying Iran’s feared morality police had been “abolished” but Iranian state media strongly pushed back on those comments, saying the interior ministry oversees the force, not the judiciary.

www.msn.com... AA14TuKp

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Def a win

But they're making it known this is NOT all they want. They want the mullahs GONE

Be interesting to see what happens

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Check out how the absence of a coma in your title changes the meaning of your post as written in the OP. Just like the "%" character, "," gets sucked up as a bcode syntax and eliminated from the thread title listings.

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 07:08 PM
link   
It's a good start. But it really won't be over until the entire regime is overthrown. I hope these protests are the start of a long and overdue dismantling of a garbage regime.

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

But it really won't be over until the entire regime is overthrown

That is what the US backed NED NGO protestors are demanding its a regime change protest funded and supported by US. Just like the last Color Revolution in Iran.

There were some legit protests in China when it comes to the C19 restrictions and there were those who were demanding for a regime change.

When it comes to Iran the US is currently training and supporting the Iranian MEK and already are declaring it as the official opposition for Iran.

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

They want the mullahs GONE

Your right that is not the wish nor the demand of the protestors but it is a demand of the US regime change and its NED regime change agaisnt Iran.

It is the US govt that wants a regime change no matter what the Iranian govt does or say.

The US wants their puppet in Iran.

The only reason these protests in Iran are happening isn't because of that woman's death or the Morality that is the excuse that regime change protest use.

The reason the protests in Iran are happening is because of Iran its involvement in the Ukrainian conflict. With Iran also being supportive of Syria agaisnt US backed Jihadist terrorists in Syria.

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 12:54 AM
link   
lol,

ivana trolling the muslims.

she's kinda hot.

i'll look for
a you tube vid i saw of her walking down the steps .

it's not iran but should be close enough.
a good excuse.

edit on 03/22/2022 by sarahvital because: (no reason given)

edit on 03/22/2022 by sarahvital because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2022 @ 04:54 AM
link   

edit on 8-12-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

join