It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's begin the New Holiday Season from the UFO perspective, during Biblical Times

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 04:42 AM
link   
A look at many very early Biblical Paintings concerning Immaculate Birth and Flying Saucers -

Happy Holidays!

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 08:34 AM
link   
To pick a date for this holiday, September 20th looks good. They cannot stop all of us.

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: A51Watcher

First of all, nice to see you're still active.

Now, regarding the paintings in the video, when dealing with religious paintings we need to know that they followed specific rules regarding how things should be painted, and that they weren't created by the painters just because they wanted and have time to spare, those paintings were made because someone, usually some important catholic church person or some rich lord.

Another thing, the images used in the video appear to be very low quality, and that, in some cases, makes a difference.

These are all the images for which I could find better versions.
(for all images, click for the full size version)

"The Assumption of the Virgin", attributed to Francesco Rosselli, made around 1490.

The video version:

The best version I could find:

The Annunciation, with Saint Emidius, by Carlo Crivelli, 1486.

The video version:

The Thebaid, by Paolo Uccello, from around 1460.

This is one of the best examples of how a bad version of the image may change our perception of its content.

The video version:

It's easier to see that the "UFO" on the ground is a red cardinal hat.

Founding of Santa Maria Maggiore, by Masolino da Panicale, around 1423.

The video version:

This painting shows Pope Liberius starting the construction of the Santa Maria Maggiore basilica, and it adds references to a legend that says that it snowed on August 5 as a sign to a Roman patrician and his wife to where they should build a church dedicated to the Virgin Mary.
What we see are supposed to be clouds and snow falling from them, not UFOs.

posted on Dec, 6 2022 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Here’s a modern graphic artist rendering…..along the same theme found on the web

And then there’s this……. read the caption

👽
edit on 6-12-2022 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: A51Watcher
A look at many very early Biblical Paintings concerning Immaculate Birth and Flying Saucers -

Happy Holidays!

Let's not.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Harte

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 08:50 PM
link   
There is better medieval works of art that are UFO inspired or sighted, like medieval works of the Seraphim which kind of looks like the Virgin Mary in shape. There a couple of medieval works where angels often get depicted as being one big swirling like cluster or mass of light with ether trumpets or a lot of swords.

posted on Dec, 17 2022 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Proto88
There is better medieval works of art that are UFO inspired or sighted, like medieval works of the Seraphim which kind of looks like the Virgin Mary in shape. There a couple of medieval works where angels often get depicted as being one big swirling like cluster or mass of light with ether trumpets or a lot of swords.

Art historians know better. That's why I provided the link to Cicada's excellent thread on the subject. One of Cicada's sources was this website.
It's worth a look.

Harte

new topics

top topics

join