It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Body of 7-year-old abducted by FedEx driver found, suspect charged with murder

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 02:56 PM
link   

FedEx driver confessed to abducting and killing 7-year-old Athena Strand after he delivered a package to her family's home, Wise County Sheriff Lane Akin said at a press conference Friday night.

Police found Strand's body southeast of Boyd, Texas. Digital evidence and interviews lead investigators to believe that Strand died within an hour of her abduction, according to Akin

Nothing is safe anymore Fed ex driver kidnaps girl and kills her

Nothing is safe anymore. Here we have someone ordering a package and their little girl gets abducted from her home and killed.
Everything in this world is becoming dangerous. Even ordering things to be delivered.
Poor little girl and I feel for her family. What a crazy story, but one we all need to be aware of, unfortunately.
edit on 3-12-2022 by AOx6179 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-12-2022 by AOx6179 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Stuff like this isn’t new or more common. You just hear about it more thanks to the “wonders” of the Information Age.

Very disgusting crime nonetheless. Totally unforgivable and hopefully he gets the death penalty.

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Going to cost Fed ex a pretty penny if the guy was on the job .

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I have often wondered if FedEx pays a low wage to their contractors. Some of the ones we get in our rural community are VERY sketchy, shady looking characters, just one of the reasons I won't order from a company that uses FedEx.

If it turns out that guy has any kind of record, FedEx will be in deep doodoo.

What a horrible thing to happen; I'm glad they caught him so quickly.

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

If it turns out that guy has any kind of record, FedEx will be in deep doodoo.

I read that a woman is claiming he raped her several years ago. I don't know if she reported him or if he was charged. I just don't have the heart to read the horrid details of it all.

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Absolutely tragic.

The only silver lining is that he was able to be caught quickly before he could do it again.

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AOx6179

Tragic and I can't imagine the parents guilt and grief.

That MF'er deserves some "special" attention in prison before he gets the mercy of death IMO

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

That MF'er deserves some "special" attention in prison before he gets the mercy of death IMO

When it comes to the death penalty, Texas has an express lane.

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

originally posted by: MykeNukem

When it comes to the death penalty, Texas has an express lane.

I like Texas, I wish my country had the DP, bunch of whiney liberals here had it banned.

This guy deserves worse than death.

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Parents…

Please don’t trust anyone.
The world is full of sickos!

Ohanka said it correctly, this isn’t new.

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 05:13 PM
link   

With the children being murdered at school, shot in the crossfire, kidnapped in front of their homes, etc how afraid most children are; I cry, I mourn the only comfort I get is that they are in Heaven.

I know there are dangerous situations around every corner....yet what can we do?

I say pray, pray like you have never prayed before.

edit on 3-12-2022 by alexandrae because: spelling

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Stuff like this isn’t new or more common. You just hear about it more thanks to the “wonders” of the Information Age.

No, it's not new - there is nothing new under the sun. But, it's a lot more common than it used to be. How many little girls getting abducted by FedEx drivers do you think this happened to back in ancient Rome, for instance? I jest, but it definitely didn't happen as much in the past. Satan has taken over the world (just as the Bible said he would) and things are getting worse and worse. You just can't deny that evil is being ramped up and is running wild lately.

The fact that you try to downplay it seems kind of suspicious. Who is your (dark) lord again?

These kind of stories just tear the heart out of me. It's so sad and a tragedy for the family, and then to have somebody try to downplay it....

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 05:16 PM
link   
IMO - they should handcuff, shackle &, turn him over to the family and the many who were searching for this poor little girl. No questions asked!

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

I don’t downplay anything. It’s a horrible crime and I think he be executed. Preferably in a manner which if I were to adequately describe would likely constitute a major TOS violation.

Fact is such crimes are not more prevalent, simply more widely reported. 30 years ago few people would’ve heard about this outside of the local area.

I’m glad such things get brought to light more.

Obviously no FedEx drivers murdered anyone in Ancient Rome, since FedEx didn’t exist. Clearly. They did however have a society whose practices would’ve been unthinkably backwards and violent by todays standards.

I have no Lord, dark or otherwise. I’m not going to address your religious stuff because it would simply derail the thread.

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Their contractors have always looked sketch around here too. I've talked to a few of then out on my route. They don't make much, and have no chance at being career employees, because it's not actually a FedEx company. They contract out cities to corps and they hire em 3rd party.

top topics

join