It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a little history about corporate greed and the ability to screw and kill people Nestles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I would not necessarily call this a hit piece but I must admit it darn sure comes close youtu.be... all about Nestles past and its continuation of things that would make most people wonder why such things are allowed...IMO it is all about money and kick backs to politicians and government leaders ....screw the people ...

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 03:51 AM
link   
You're a brave one…Avatar matches. I used to think I would love to work for whoever made Oreos. Idealization and all..made the mistake of mentioning it to an informed person, yeah You can probably guess how I feel now..a bit disenfranchised with the old money food people..guessing they're just streamer type connections to what I refer to as 'Dominion'. Heard some speak of Old Dominion, but don't really think we are talking about the same thing.

a reply to: 727Sky

edit on 3-12-2022 by didntasktobeborned because: .

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 04:36 AM
link   

I actively look at labels to see if what I am buying is a nestle product or affiliated with nestle and choose an alternative. The whole stealing spring water from entire communities got me to boycot their products. Thing is, they have their sticky fingers in almost everything.

I bought a bottle of Italian spring water while on vacation once, it was the cheapest and I hadn't tried that brand yet, plus the alternative was the upfront nestle spring water. While I was drinking it I noticed the distribution aspect was run by.... nestle!

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Much of their products are made in China for exports around the world. I always check the country of many items nowadaays. Your dollar store cookies are mostdly made in China.

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 08:39 AM
link   

The company is known for its massive candy portfolio, but many people may not know that these are also Nestlé brands:

Gerber
Perrier
Poland Spring
S. Pellegrino
Deer Park
Toll House
Coffee-Mate
Starbucks Coffee at Home
Carnation
Stouffer’s
Hot Pockets
DiGiorno Pizza
Buitoni Pasta
Tombstone Pizza
Lean Cuisine
Sweet Earth
Libby’s Pumpkin
Carnation
Häagen-Dazs
Purina
Alpo
Fancy Feast
Friskies
Tidy Cats
The list of companies owned by Nestlé has grown exponentially through the years and encompassed a vast collection of brands, ranging from pet food to health devices.

Nestlé also is a major stakeholder in L’Oréal, the multinational cosmetics conglomerate. L’Oréal itself owns many notable personal care brands like Lancôme, Garnier, Maybelline, Urban Decay, and Kiehl’s.
Link

They've got their fingers in everything.

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 08:48 AM
link   
🐸

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Thanks for the post.

Dole is pretty bad, too.

Humanity would be wise to starve these beasts at their source which is our consent and buy in.

edit on AMSaturday6am2228728Sat, 03 Dec 2022 10:28:28 -06002812 by livinglight108 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: livinglight108

Humanity would be wise

I think I see your problem....

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: livinglight108
Thanks for the post.

Dole is pretty bad, too.

Humanity would be wise to starve these beasts at their source which is our consent and buy in.

Exactly. Yet out of all the people that see this, how many are willing to make that small effort?

Can we really blame Nestle, Pepsi, Dole, Monsanto, Cargil, the list is enormous, because we created it?

They set the bait, and we took it, became addicted to it, and now we demand it. We could control it, but we have allowed them to control us.

Convenience, comfort, pleasure, desire, are our excuses, they gave us what we demanded at a very high cost. We are paying that cost and leaving future generations a bill that can never be paid.

Cargill: the company feeding the world by helping destroy the planet

America’s second biggest private company is a controversial giant with the global food industry in its grip. So why haven’t we heard of it?

Lucy Jordan, Alice Ross, Emma Howard, Alexandra Heal, Andrew Wasley, Pat Thomas and Alice Milliken

This article is published in collaboration with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism

When it comes to explaining the impact of America’s second biggest private company on your life, no one puts it better than the company itself. 

“We are the flour in your bread,” says one of Cargill’s corporate brochures, “the wheat in your noodles, the salt on your fries. We are the corn in your tortillas, the chocolate in your dessert, the sweetener in your soft drink. We are the oil in your salad dressing and the beef, pork or chicken you eat for dinner. We are the cotton in your clothing, the backing on your carpet and the fertiliser in your field.”

In its 155 years, Cargill has insinuated itself into almost every aspect of global agribusiness, transforming the way human beings produce and consume food. It has made its owners into billionaires. And its ascent has played out to a steady backdrop of controversy, most recently the revelation that its supply chain has been linked with vast deforestation – related to extensive fires – in Brazil’s crucial Cerrado region. It is the latest in a string of scandals affecting Cargill including fatal food poisonings, deforestation, agricultural pollution, and allegations of child enslaved labour. 

Cargill is as controversial as it is enormous – and yet you have almost certainly never heard of it. How, then, has this corporate juggernaut managed to keep such a low profile? And what has it been doing while the rest of us have been looking elsewhere? 
unearthed.greenpeace.org...

So who is really to blame?

Which beast will win? The one you feed.

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 05:49 PM
link   

It’s concerning that the whole baby milk scam has now evolved to now market towards older children 4 or 5 and up as nutrition supplements, trying to make parents feel bad, cause kids may not eat their dinner.

And have you noticed the heavy advertising marketing baby formulas to older people to help with bone density.

It’s like it’s cyclic advertising where they prey on people’s lives being so busy.

though try doing a search on a product on line, it’s so hard to sort paid advertorials most likely paid by the company to actual reviews to determine what’s best.

Though so many companies use slave child labour...Tesla!

We had an Australian company golden circle who produced canned pine apple and other things, though the have declined,

As dole have really pushed into the Aussie market, I don’t buy crap dole.

Maybe cause it’s what we aussies call on government payments, u on the dole?

edit on 3-12-2022 by robsmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: robsmith

It’s concerning that the whole baby milk scam has now evolved to now market towards older children 4 or 5 and up as nutrition supplements, trying to make parents feel bad, cause kids may not eat their dinner.

Anything processed and packaged in mass amounts is highly questionable.

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Agreed, it is. Though these multinationals are hardcore.

Sadly the green movement are far far worse, there no coal, must replaced with wind and solar which means your power bill will quadruple.

top topics

join