It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

an Indian eighty dollar drone killer versus an American 15000 drone killer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 07:18 PM
link   
This is an interesting concept the Indians have come up with to kill enemy drones and it seems to work for just about $80 and is reusable for killing drone after drone. Just feed and pet and your drone worries evaporate. While the Western MIC wants one shot and another $15000...youtu.be...

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 07:25 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Interesting.

I was having a conversation with another user a few weeks ago and we were arguing about creative solutions for drone warfare.

This is a prime example.

Never underestimate human ingenuity and creative problem solving.

Love it!

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I hope they are trained to tackle the bigger quads by not going though the props that would cut them up, but yes it looks good against small quad drone.

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Hawks typically do this here in Oklahoma we have a lot of farming and ranching going on so we have a lot of drones watching over our properties and hardly a week goes by I don’t hear about someone losing a drone to a hawk. It’s actually becoming a selling feature on drones if they can survive an attack from a hawk.

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 08:40 PM
link   

The US system is also capable of taking out a Forpost, which is the equivalent of an IAI Searcher II. That's a 19 foot long, 28 foot wingspan, 1100 pound UAV. A bird would have a hard time taking that out. Birds are great for DJIs and small class drones, but not larger ones.

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Give that hawk a Stinger missile launcher and those Forposts are toast.

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Majic

+1 for the image

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 03:30 AM
link   

I do not condone the use of any animal in battles.

They don't deserve that and have no way of understanding the danger.

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

I'm much more interasted in this

in Oklahoma we have a lot of farming and ranching going on so we have a lot of drones watching over our properties

Any info that you can provide?

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: machineintelligence

I'm much more interasted in this

in Oklahoma we have a lot of farming and ranching going on so we have a lot of drones watching over our properties

Any info that you can provide?

I have a chunk of property and use the drone regularly just checking up on it- never know when someone might come start stealing lumber or dumping garbage.
This year I found three hunting stands set up on the posted property, legally they belong to me if I take them down...

I imagine surveying farm land isn't too different.

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I do not condone the use of any animal in battles.

They don't deserve that and have no way of understanding the danger.

Well, there goes my suggestion to use seagulls, like in Indian Jones and the Last Crusade, a flock of Seagulls and a $10 umbrella. Cheaper than India and who is going to miss not getting shat on when walking the beach?

"Let my armies be the rocks and the trees and the birds in the sky" - Charlemagne

I jest of course.
edit on 3-12-2022 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Majic

Personally I was thinking AIM-9X. Then we could just strap it on to them, let it fall free and launch it.

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

The only information I have is anecdotal. When I go into the feed store often here and talk to people who are discovering what they saw on their drone video footage often they will have it in a copy on their cell phone and will show something that happens on the farm or the ranch. We only have 77 acres where I am but it’s too much area to cover on foot or even by four wheeler. After a rain it’s a lot easier to send out a drone then it is to ride around in the mud trying to see if the fence is down or the cows have gotten out.

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Personally I was thinking AIM-9X. Then we could just strap it on to them, let it fall free and launch it.

Hmm, strap on a small suicide bomber vest and train them to attack Russians... Nothing like 10,000 hawks coming at you with a range of 500 miles lol. We did that with fire bomb bats in WWII with Japan...

edit on 3-12-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I love it. They are so right.

join