It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30,000 Starlink satellites

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Well this is disturbing I believe it was the Hopi that mentioned "The great web in the sky"

SpaceX wins approval from FCC to deploy 7,500 Starlink satellites

SpaceX also wants approval for 30,000 satellites in its Starlink program

If this inst a great web in the Sky I'm not sure what would be What do you think 10 years to get this done so that would give us around 20 years for the Hopi Prophecies to come about ? 30,000 the cost would be astronomical and if you could put 30,000 satellites in the sky how would you keep them from running into each other .

Source

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Actually, the prophecy says Spider Woman will come back and she will weave her web across the landscape. Many took that to mean the power grid, but in recent years people have pointed to chemtrails.

Adding to the tons of 'space junk' already up there doesn't seem the the greatest idea; what goes up must come down.

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
30,000 the cost would be astronomical and if you could put 30,000 satellites in the sky how would you keep them from running into each other .

The Earth's surface is 197 million square miles. The further out you go, the more room there is. Do you seriously think there's so little room out there that 30,000 satellites would run into each other? If they were stuck on the surface there would be one satellite every 6500 miles or so. The state of Connecticut is less than 5,000 square miles.
edit on 12/2/2022 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

well considering

"There are almost 5,500 active satellites in orbit as of spring 2022, and one estimate predicts the launch of an additional 58,000 by 2030. Large constellations of satellites in low Earth orbit are the primary drivers of the increase."

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 02:01 PM
link   
It’s literally the start of Skynet from terminator.

I don’t think it would be dramatic to say this could be the beginning of an artificial ensnarement grid. Soon the only cover from their influence will be thick forests. Most will embrace this “convenience” with happy and open arms.

No need to fear though… find God

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher

well considering

"There are almost 5,500 active satellites in orbit as of spring 2022, and one estimate predicts the launch of an additional 58,000 by 2030. Large constellations of satellites in low Earth orbit are the primary drivers of the increase."

Point still stands. Divide 197,000,000 by 63,000 and there is still plenty of room.

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

If I remember correctly it's actually 42,000 satellite's.
They will also need replacement ever seven years or so too..

I don't think starlink will ever have enough customers to be profitable... Especially when bandwidth becomes a huge issue.

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Just what we need, tons of lights cluttering up the night sky. Technology will be the downfall of this current civilization. Humankind is so full of hubris.
edit on 2-12-2022 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 02:21 PM
link   
What is the Hopi, and what was the prophecy? Provide a link for that info if you can please. I'd like to read it myself.

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
Just what we need, tons of lights cluttering up the night sky. Technology will be the downfall of this current civilization. Humankind is so full of hubris.

What do satellites in the night sky have to do with hubris or the downfall of civilization? There have been thousands of satellites up there for decades now. I can understand if you "don't like" them on principle, but I doubt they have negatively influenced your life. If anything, they have enhanced civilization, from GPS to weather forecasting. You wouldn't have any of that without satellites.

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

What do satellites in the night sky have to do with hubris or the downfall of civilization? There have been thousands of satellites up there for decades now. I can understand if you "don't like" them on principle, but I doubt they have negatively influenced your life. If anything, they have enhanced civilization, from GPS to weather forecasting. You wouldn't have any of that without satellites.

Enhanced civilization... hmm i guess.. but is civilization a good thing for evolution, regarding our species?

I would not be surprised if we already have cut out our wings, there is a chance we have ruined our genome, even at our present state, we are more like a walking bag of toxic waste, than a thriving animal.

But at least we can watch the weather forecast instead of sniffing some dirty air and looking outside.

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Yes, there are currently few and mostly obscure satellites in the sky. Star link satellites are far from obscure and with 30,000, they would dominate the night sky.

I stand by my statement, technology will be our downfall.
edit on 2-12-2022 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

Why the issue with only Starlink? What about other similar projects such as OneWeb? Amazon's Kuiper System? The two Chinese constellation projects?

What about legacy satellite internet providers such as HughesNet (active since 1996), DishNet (~2012), or SES (~2007)?

What about Iridium? Or other communication constellations such as Orbcomm or Globalstar?

Satellites have been used for communication networks since Telstar was launched in 1962.

a reply to: KKLOCO

The real contaminant to our night skies is light pollution. Look up at night, count how many satellites you actually spot in a given time (say 10-15 minutes). Probably not too many. Chances of seeing a Starlink train are even more slim (unless it was just recently launched and on its way to the proper orbit). I bet you'll see more aircraft overall.

And as for astrophotography concerns? Long exposures are not as common with modern image stacking techniques. This allows for very easy editing of trails. Many stacking programs will automatically remove them for you. On top of that, great software (such as PixInsight) has been around for over a decade that allows for easy editing of astrophotography images. Since at least Photoshop CS5 (~2010) there has been a method for removing these trails as well with the Content Recognition and Content Aware Fill tools.

Each of these techniques help not only with satellites, but also aircraft trails as well.

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Starlink..30,000 dots in the sky..or was it 42, can't recall..Dude has totally given himself a friggin constellation, Im liking him more and more..can anyone say lovable idiot

A rich, not to be confused with wealthy narcissist is what I smell..didnt really care until, buy-in war participation, mercenary type, wears the flag, popular with the kiddies, probably nothing too insidious, but a pretty bad accident waiting to happen..I been cogitating on this yo-yo for a while now…still don't know exactly what to think..Its for sure not an existential threat to me or mine..just looks pretty trashy up there..Im still a NASA fan.
edit on 2-12-2022 by didntasktobeborned because: content

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Yes, there are currently few and mostly obscure satellites in the sky. Star link satellites are far from obscure and with 30,000, they would dominate the night sky.

I stand by my statement, technology will be our downfall.

With one satellite out of several thousand square miles of territory, they will hardly "dominate" the night sky. That's absurd. And without technology, neither one of us would be alive today. You are using a great deal of it to even read this post.

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: XipeTotex

Enhanced civilization... hmm i guess.. but is civilization a good thing for evolution, regarding our species?

I would not be surprised if we already have cut out our wings, there is a chance we have ruined our genome, even at our present state, we are more like a walking bag of toxic waste, than a thriving animal.

A "thriving animal" Lol!!!!

There's a great joke I can't post because something is wrong with the "security certificate" on this site. But the scene is two cavemen sitting in their cave around a wood fire. One is complaining to the other. "I just don't get it. Here we are eating all organic food. We breathe clean non-polluted air. We get a lot of good, wholesome exercise. And yet our lifespan averages 28 years!"

So the "walking bag of toxic waste" has a lifespan of 83 years, and the thriving animal we once were had a lifespan of 28 years. Yup! Civilization is obviously bad for us!

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Here you go.

It's a comic by Alex Gregory. He has a bunch in this vein of comedy.

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: XipeTotex

A "thriving animal" Lol!!!!

There's a great joke I can't post because something is wrong with the "security certificate" on this site. But the scene is two cavemen sitting in their cave around a wood fire. One is complaining to the other. "I just don't get it. Here we are eating all organic food. We breathe clean non-polluted air. We get a lot of good, wholesome exercise. And yet our lifespan averages 28 years!"

So the "walking bag of toxic waste" has a lifespan of 83 years, and the thriving animal we once were had a lifespan of 28 years. Yup! Civilization is obviously bad for us!

Would take 28 years of real life in reality than 200 years in whatever this is we currently have.

different strokes for different folks i guess.

Good luck spending your last year(S) in a hospital, unable to wipe your own behind, in the great monotone, broken only by the occasional visit of a relative, will be super fun to watch them, watching their smartdevice and leave. thank god for medicine tho, eventually when you have taken the bed for too long they will release you with morphine.

Getting stabbed to death by a woolly rhino at 28 while running away from a pack of cave hyenas dont sound too bad now right?

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid

Here you go.

It's a comic by Alex Gregory. He has a bunch in this vein of comedy.

Only an insane person would not want to live to be a hundred years old, i cant wait to brake my spine while sneezing ,while i soil myself and yell at my grandchild thinking she is my wife.

Gonna be a blast.

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Instill fear and desperation with a scenario that makes you look powerless against it, and then serve the solution.

Man, it's text book hegelian dialectic.

Problem, reaction, solution, seems we knew about that trick long before the current itineration of mass media delusions came around.

Perfectly illustrated

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join