It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US National Institutes of Health now has a new website 4U2 report your COVID-19 test results

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 04:36 PM
link   
If you are a US person who has used or wants to use an at-home COVID-19 test, here is where you can report those results:

makemytestcount.org...

At the request of our children this year, our family attended a Thanksgiving celebration on Thursday November 24, 2022. Two of us wore N95 masks indoors, removing those masks only later outdoors in their backyard so we could eat our meal in the cold and dark; after eating, our masks went back on before we returned indoors. Days later, one of the attendees contacted us all when their subsequent COVID-19 test showed a positive finding. Since at lease one attendee got sick shortly after that gathering, we're all doing COVID-19 self-tests. I'll be doing my own test in a few minutes ... time will tell.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 04:53 PM
link   
This seems odd to me, considering the inaccuracy of the at-home tests.
False positives.
False negatives.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 04:57 PM
link   
They're makin' a list and checkin' it twice, gonna find out who's naughty or nice, Uncle Sam is coming to town.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles -- I hear you. The COVID-19 rapid tests for at-home use are definitely a work in progress. They are the best available, however, given that the cause of this pandemic is a novel virus.

If it were me setting up that reporting website, I'd create an incentive for responding there with your self-reported results, something like a widget that people could post on their social media account. I'll suggest that to them, actually, when I notify them with my own test result.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The accuracy of the tests is still pretty high and I am sure they will have a +/- range within their findings. I think this will be useful in showing start and end of waves.

Rapid antigen tests are considerably less accurate when they are used in people with no signs or symptoms of infection, but do perform better in people who have been in contact with someone who has confirmed COVID-19.

www.cochrane.org...

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Hope the kids had a good time. Sounds like the adults not so much.

Be sure to report back which virus was detected: Flu A, Flu B, vid or none.

Lucky you if you get to be the first to post your gold star on social media saying I tested and reported it.

The numbers are now accurate.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

No, they are not. Not only have I heard this from my Doctor, but just experienced this in the past week. My husband and I both became sick on Friday with the same symptoms. We decided to test since we were around so many family members and wanted to let everyone know in advance. He was positive, and I was negative, with exactly the same symptoms. After a telehealth appointment reporting our findings, the dr outright said the tests were HIGHLY ineffective.

I am so sick and tired of the media narrative.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: KMeRMoRe

No, they are not. Not only have I heard this from my Doctor, but just experienced this in the past week. My husband and I both became sick on Friday with the same symptoms. We decided to test since we were around so many family members and wanted to let everyone know in advance. He was positive, and I was negative, with exactly the same symptoms. After a telehealth appointment reporting our findings, the dr outright said the tests were HIGHLY ineffective.

I am so sick and tired of the media narrative.

The Cochrane Org. is an evidence-based entity and is not a media narrative.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Uphill
If you are a US person who has used or wants to use an at-home COVID-19 test, here is where you can report those results:

makemytestcount.org...

At the request of our children this year, our family attended a Thanksgiving celebration on Thursday November 24, 2022. Two of us wore N95 masks indoors, removing those masks only later outdoors in their backyard so we could eat our meal in the cold and dark; after eating, our masks went back on before we returned indoors. Days later, one of the attendees contacted us all when their subsequent COVID-19 test showed a positive finding. Since at lease one attendee got sick shortly after that gathering, we're all doing COVID-19 self-tests. I'll be doing my own test in a few minutes ... time will tell.

Covid so dangerous, maybe stay home?

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Branch Covidians are still around I see.
You are in a cult.
Kool Aid is bad for you.
If those tests are an intelligence test,you and your offspring have failed the test miserably.
The ptb are humiliating you while you wear the filthy rag of servitude and eat outside in winter in the cold and dark.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: montybd

No doubt the kids wore the filthy rag too and had the bloody cotton bud rammed up their little noses.
Zombies for parents,wait until the government tells them to jump off a cliff to save the planet.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TWS1969 -- Staying home is definitely what I would have preferred to do, but when one's own child is asking that one attend a small Thanksgiving gathering (7 people total), and that child is also a medical doctor, and we are all about to enter year 3 of a pandemic with no end in sight, it's not impossible to say no, but it is really hard to do so.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I don't want to open a pointless discussion here ...

The test is NOT a COVID-specific diagnostic tool. (In fact, it is NOT a diagnostic tool at all - just ask the Nobel prize winning creator.)

The fact that it's cheap, mass-producible, and sufficiently vague in its actual use is why you can get them at all.

Please do test, if it enhances your emotional well-being - but please be realistic - they are far from infallible - even in a scientist's hands (hence the creator specifically warning the community "this test should not be considered a diagnostic tool.)"

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Uphill

You sad,sad person.You are one of those who post your test results for the lurgy on Halfwit book aren't you?
Wow,a widget for the like minded.I need to change my urine soaked pants after reading that.
You actually wrote that and think that's great,ha ha ha.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Uphill
a reply to: TWS1969 -- Staying home is definitely what I would have preferred to do, but when one's own child is asking that one attend a small Thanksgiving gathering (7 people total), and that child is also a medical doctor, and we are all about to enter year 3 of a pandemic with no end in sight, it's not impossible to say no, but it is really hard to do so.

Even more terrifying that this # comes from a doctor.
The brainwash is permanent here I think,a real uphill battle,username checks out.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars -- in the USA, the current medical consensus is for people getting a positive rapid test result to follow up with their health care practitioner for the more highly accurate diagnostic test. It's especially important to follow that advice if the positive test result is for a person with one or more major risk factors, such as elderhood, existing diagnoses typically associated with immune system suppression, etc.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maxmars
I don't want to open a pointless discussion here ...

The test is NOT a COVID-specific diagnostic tool. (In fact, it is NOT a diagnostic tool at all - just ask the Nobel prize winning creator.)

The fact that it's cheap, mass-producible, and sufficiently vague in its actual use is why you can get them at all.

Please do test, if it enhances your emotional well-being - but please be realistic - they are far from infallible - even in a scientist's hands (hence the creator specifically warning the community "this test should not be considered a diagnostic tool.)"

As the school kids found out by putting orange juice in their nostrils for a fortnight off school.
No sympathy for these fools,the same fools that wanted sane,normal people who hadn't been genetically modified excluded from society.
Horrible little totalitarians.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Uphill

I would have to agree... take the test - but don't panic over a 'positive' result. Let the professionals do their thing. (Although I cynically resent the fact that all those false positives represent real revenue for the medical community.)

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Okay?

The media drivel about testing constantly and social distancing after a positive test is a bunch of crap. My point being that the tests are NOT highly accurate.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Uphill -- Highly accurate these rapid tests are not, but they offer another advantage over no rapid test results at all: Approximately 20% of US homes are on septic systems in rural areas (in order to contain waste products flushed down the toilets):

www.epa.gov...

Current US efforts to conduct wastewater testing (from towns and cities who have sewer hook-ups) cannot sample these home septic tanks, so in those rural geographic areas, going online to post COVID-19 rapid test results gives potentially valuable information about the overall dimensions of the pandemic.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join