It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vaccine-induced thrombosis with thrombocytopenia

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 01:05 PM
link   
www.sciencedirect.com...

This is a peer reviewed paper published in the American Journal of Emergency Medicine.
Volume 49, November 2021, Pages 58-61

More recent reports describe cases of thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome (TTS), previously known as vaccine-induced immune thrombotic thrombocytopenia (VITT), associated with venous and arterial thromboembolism.

The two primary vaccines associated with TTS currently include the ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 (Oxford-AstraZeneca (also known as Vaxzevria) and AD26.COV2·S (Johnson & Johnson) vaccines.

Three independent case series of 39 patients were initially described in the New England Journal of Medicine associated with the ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 vaccine.

These patients had received the vaccine 5–24 days prior to presentation. Over 80% of patients in the reports were female, with those under 55 years also more commonly affected. Table 2 summarizes the TTS cases associated with both vaccines. Patients were healthy or otherwise medically stable at the time of the vaccine, and few had prior thrombosis or risk factors for thrombosis. While these patients were overall healthy at the time of vaccination, mortality rates for TTS were approximately 40%. Thus, TTS is an important complication that is critical for emergency physicians to consider.

The review paper describes the condition known as TTS which stands for thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome associated with COVID-19 vaccines and it was known as VITT or otherwise vaccine-induced thrombotic thrombocytopenia.

What is most worrying as usual is the fact that those affected were young and middle aged healthy individuals below the age of 55 with no known medical conditions and few had a history of thrombosis or other risk factors for thrombosis and no other underlying health conditions.

Most importantly is the fact that in these cases the majority of those affected were women, around 80%, and there was an increased risk of death as a result of the condition. The mortality rates were 40% as described in the report.

I still don't understand why young and healthy people have to be injected with potentially hazardous products that have never been tested before (they are tested now in entire populations) and for which their safety and effectiveness is only proven in the Chronicles of Narnia.

Individuals under the age of 50 who have no underlying health conditions have very little or even miniscule chances of getting seriously sick or die due to Covid-19. On the top of this most have developed superior natural immunity long before they were vaccinated with these products

edit on 1-12-2022 by Asmodeus3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asmodeus3
www.sciencedirect.com...

This is a peer reviewed review paper published in the American Journal of Emergency Medicine.

More recent reports describe cases of thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome (TTS), previously known as vaccine-induced immune thrombotic thrombocytopenia (VITT), associated with venous and arterial thromboembolism.

The two primary vaccines associated with TTS currently include the ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 (Oxford-AstraZeneca [AZ]; also known as Vaxzevria) and AD26.COV2·S (Johnson & Johnson [JJ]) vaccines.

Yes, but it's rare. I remember getting TTS when I started taking the pill. Thank goodness there are more than those two vaccines to choose from for those that want the vax.

"There are several case series of patients diagnosed with TTS, but the overall incidence is rare." from the article you posted.
edit on q000000121231America/Chicago2222America/Chicago12 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

www.sciencedirect.com...

This is a peer reviewed review paper published in the American Journal of Emergency Medicine.

The two primary vaccines associated with TTS currently include the ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 (Oxford-AstraZeneca [AZ]; also known as Vaxzevria) and AD26.COV2·S (Johnson & Johnson [JJ]) vaccines.

Yes, but it's rare. I remember getting TTS when I started taking the pill. Thank goodness there are more than those two vaccines to choose from for those that want the vax.

"There are several case series of patients diagnosed with TTS, but the overall incidence is rare." from the article you posted.

So is dying from coronavirus, that's even more rare. Vaccine side effects aren't rare.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Not as rare as you think they might be. This is the current position of the established line. The authors themselves said that there have been several cases but the condition is rare. I think they are trying to say something here by also adopting the official line. Don't forget that side effects are massively underreported in VAERS and other systems of surveillance.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0

www.sciencedirect.com...

So is dying from coronavirus, that's even more rare. Vaccine side effects aren't rare.

For these two specific vax your article mentions, it also mentions the TTS is rare, so where do you get your opposite facts from?

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The problem is the people affected are the young and healthy who have tiny chances to get seriously sick or die due to Covid-19. The different risk groups must be considered in this case.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Asmodeus3

Where’s a zombie to refute all logic when you need one?

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

I am referring you to my reply above.

So it's rare for young and healthy people to get seriously sick or die from Covid-19.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

I assume that the answer is somewhere in his signature...

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

I assume that the answer is somewhere in his signature...

Yes, and DO NOT REPLY unless you’re wearing a mask and 6 feet apart from anyone next to you!!

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 01:30 PM
link   

So it's rare for young and healthy people to get seriously sick or die from Covid-19.

I was responding to TTS specifically. Where are you going now, dying from the virus or having complications from the vax? I'm not following you.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Not sure if you linked the wrong paper as what you have quoted is not on that page

Here is what is on that page, and to clarify I am not suggesting vaccine is good or bad just looks like you quoted wrong page

Abstract Background Current vaccines for the Coronavirus Disease of 2019 (COVID-19) have demonstrated efficacy with low risk of adverse events. However, recent reports of thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome (TTS) associated with adenovirus vector vaccines have raised concern. Objective This narrative review summarizes the current background, evaluation, and management of TTS for emergency clinicians. Discussion TTS, also known as vaccine-induced immune thrombotic thrombocytopenia, is a reaction associated with exposure to the ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 (Oxford-AstraZeneca) and AD26.COV2·S (Johnson & Johnson) vaccine, which may result in thrombocytopenia and thrombotic events. There are several case series of patients diagnosed with TTS, but the overall incidence is rare. TTS is characterized by exposure to one of the aforementioned vaccines 4–30 days prior to presentation, followed by thrombosis, mild-to-severe thrombocytopenia, and a positive platelet factor-4 (PF4)-heparin enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA). Thrombosis typically involves atypical locations, including cerebral venous thrombosis and splanchnic vein thrombosis. Evaluation should include complete blood count, peripheral smear, D-dimer, fibrinogen, coagulation panel, renal and liver function, and electrolytes, as well as PF4-heparin ELISA if available. Consultation with hematology is recommended if suspected or confirmed. Treatment may include intravenous immunoglobulin and anticoagulation, while avoiding heparin-based agents and platelet transfusion. Conclusions With increasing vaccine distribution, it is essential for emergency clinicians to be aware of the evaluation and management of this condition.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I was responding to TTS specifically. Where are you going now, dying from the virus or having complications from the vax? I'm not following you.

I think it was clear what I said. Young and healthy people are at miniscule risk of getting seriously sick and die from Covid.

You said that TTS is rare. But ting from Covid when you are young and healthy is also...very rare.
But the authors of the paper eventhough they adopt the official line are trying to say something more if you read their review.

Consider the massive underreporting and the various other side effects and deaths induced by the vaccines, it would be best for young and healthy people to stay away from such products that have been renamed vaccines after the definition of the vaccine was changed so... they can be called vaccines one day.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpThenDown

Not sure if you linked the wrong paper as what you have quoted is not on that page

Here is what is on that page, and to clarify I am not suggesting vaccine is good or bad just looks like you quoted wrong page

Abstract Background Current vaccines for the Coronavirus Disease of 2019 (COVID-19) have demonstrated efficacy with low risk of adverse events. However, recent reports of thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome (TTS) associated with adenovirus vector vaccines have raised concern. Objective This narrative review summarizes the current background, evaluation, and management of TTS for emergency clinicians. Discussion TTS, also known as vaccine-induced immune thrombotic thrombocytopenia, is a reaction associated with exposure to the ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 (Oxford-AstraZeneca) and AD26.COV2·S (Johnson & Johnson) vaccine, which may result in thrombocytopenia and thrombotic events. There are several case series of patients diagnosed with TTS, but the overall incidence is rare. TTS is characterized by exposure to one of the aforementioned vaccines 4–30 days prior to presentation, followed by thrombosis, mild-to-severe thrombocytopenia, and a positive platelet factor-4 (PF4)-heparin enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA). Thrombosis typically involves atypical locations, including cerebral venous thrombosis and splanchnic vein thrombosis. Evaluation should include complete blood count, peripheral smear, D-dimer, fibrinogen, coagulation panel, renal and liver function, and electrolytes, as well as PF4-heparin ELISA if available. Consultation with hematology is recommended if suspected or confirmed. Treatment may include intravenous immunoglobulin and anticoagulation, while avoiding heparin-based agents and platelet transfusion. Conclusions With increasing vaccine distribution, it is essential for emergency clinicians to be aware of the evaluation and management of this condition.

If you have look you will see that it is. Just read through on the discussion and results.

I couldn't use the entire paper as it is too long and have copy and pasted the important parts.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I think it was clear what I said. Young and healthy people are at miniscule risk of getting seriously sick and die from Covid.

You said that TTS is rare. But ting from Covid when you are young and healthy is also...very rare.
But the authors of the paper eventhough they adopt the official line are trying to say something more if you read their review.

Consider the massive underreporting and the various other side effects and deaths induced by the vaccines, it would be best for young and healthy people to stay away from such products that have been renamed vaccines after the definition of the vaccine was changed so... they can be called vaccines one day.

Well, just saying, that whether or not a person should get the vax is their and their doctor's decision because so many other factors may come into play for an individual. Everyone must weigh the pros and cons of getting the vax vs. not getting the vax or taking your chances with the virus and this virus is a nasty one.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

burned by your comment lol.

Back to topic, vaccines are so safe, they will give you superpowers. /sarc

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Well, just saying, that whether or not a person should get the vax is their and their doctor's decision because so many other factors may come into play for an individual. Everyone must weigh the pros and cons of getting the vax vs. not getting the vax or taking your chances with the virus and this virus is a nasty one.

You are correct on this. Everyone should think for themselves. However most people were coerced, pressured, and intimidated, or even threatened with dismissal if they didn't inject themselves with these rather hazardous products.

This virus isn't as nasty as one thinks given the massive propaganda machine that made people think this is the end of the world. As the matter of fact it has a very low infection fatality rate of 0.15% which means 15 deaths per 10,000 infections. And mostly people who are over 65 with underlying health conditions. The chances you get seriously sick and die from Covid when you are young and healthy ate miniscule.

pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

IFR=0.15%

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 01:57 PM
link   

When I click the link that is what I am presented with

Also if you are quoting important parts you seemed to have missed this part, it could be classed as important to some people

There are several case series of patients diagnosed with TTS, but the overall incidence is rare

I scrolled all the way to the bottom and can not see any of the text you have quoted but I am currently browsing on phone not laptop but just check your link to be sure
edit on 000000p3101America/Chicago12012022412 by UpThenDown because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 01:58 PM
link   

You are correct on this. Everyone should think for themselves. However most people were coerced, pressured, and intimidated, or even threatened with dismissal if they didn't inject themselves with these rather hazardous products.

This virus isn't as nasty as one thinks given the massive propaganda machine that made people think this is the end of the world. As the matter of fact it has a very low infection fatality rate of 0.15% which means 15 deaths per 10,000 infections. And mostly people who are over 65 with underlying health conditions. The chances you get seriously sick and die from Covid when you are young and healthy ate miniscule.

IFR=0.15%

Well the vax is no longer mandated so get it or don't get it. Also, I say it's nasty because I just had it and it won't leave me after a month but I can tell you without those vax I had previously I would have been in real trouble now, I firmly believe.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 02:32 PM
link   

IFR=0.15%

Well the vax is no longer mandated so get it or don't get it. Also, I say it's nasty because I just had it and it won't leave me after a month but I can tell you without those vax I had previously I would have been in real trouble now, I firmly believe.
Or maybe the experimental gene therapy that you wrongly calla 'vax' has ruined your immune system and that's why a cold was hard on you.
A cold lasted a month, you'd better hope I'm wrong.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join