It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gray Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Gray Day

Sometimes I forget work I have completed, this is one of them. I don't recall when I made this one but I just found it while transferring my work into another computer file.

Inside the largest gray diagonal enclosure is one long continuous labyrinth that circles the piece and is inter-woven with numerous false endings that also connect to one another.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Ive been working on gray all day too, only mines got a matte nickel finish now

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Have you considered to have them printed on glass or metal?
They would look awesome with that extra 'shine' and it gives the art an extra dimension as well.

I did it with my digital apoflames art

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: KindraLabelle2

On metal no, I hadn't. On glass yes but I haven't. This one I think would be grand on glass with light shining through it.

I used to print on photo paper but it shined to much and took away from the art. Printing on canvas illuminated that problem.

I seldom print anymore as I live in a small town with limited artistic outlets, that the one is here seems to be adverse to computer drawn work.I also have little desire to enter shows other places as that would mean a lot of travel and at my age that is not something I"m much up for.

Did you come across these other two ATS postings I put up recently?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I'm loving this one, Terry, pure elegance. In fact, I've yet to see any of your creations I dislike.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 12:34 PM
link   

That's a great idea, Kindra, in fact there are new technologies with colour laser engraving/marking on metal.

permanentmarking.com...

edit on 1/12/2022 by Encia22 because: Added video

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Thank you twice En. I"ll likely be posting more as time goes along, probably some around Christmas. Hey, haven't seen you in the acronym thread in a while.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I look forward to them... actually, your artwork would make for great Christmas tree ornaments.

For the rest,

F.O.O.T.

Fresh out of thoughts...

edit on 1/12/2022 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

On metal no, I hadn't. On glass yes but I haven't. This one I think would be grand on glass with light shining through it.

I used to print on photo paper but it shined to much and took away from the art. Printing on canvas illuminated that problem.

I seldom print anymore as I live in a small town with limited artistic outlets, that the one is here seems to be adverse to computer drawn work.I also have little desire to enter shows other places as that would mean a lot of travel and at my age that is not something I"m much up for.

Did you come across these other two ATS postings I put up recently?

I've seen them and I really like the themes, forms , layout, etc... I love this kind of digital art. As for color, I'm more drawn to the black/grey/white scheme or something with negative contrast. The two you link to have a deep brown color on my screen. Could be I see it different then you do

That is my usual problem with printing my work, it never comes out in the same color as it is on my screen. Only the most expensive printing services are willing to give you the color profile they use, so I can use that when I design my artwork.

btw, I've never done shows, but my best work is hanging on my own walls. Why not? Nothing wrong with a little artistic narcissism

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

looks awesome! But I don't even want to know the prices! lol

new topics

top topics

join