It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHORT STORY WRITERS CONTEST December 2022 -- PASSION and DEVOTION -- PAD2022

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2023 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Thanks to all that participated and Voted (and star'd) their favorite Story.

We'll now tally up the votes and see who will win the Story Contest this time around. The winner of this Contest gets to choose the theme for the next one (which will start February the first).

We hope you enjoyed this Contest, be sure to tell a friend, maybe even encourage them to participate. There is great talent amongst our membership and their creativeness constantly amazes me (and staff in general).

So Good Luck to all in the voting!

edit on 1/9/2023 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2023 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Thanks for your patience, were almost there!

posted on Jan, 13 2023 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Hey Folks if all works out, we'll be announcing the Winners of this Contest in just a few hours.

posted on Jan, 13 2023 @ 09:49 PM
link   

And the results are in.....

Writers
First Place:
727Skye – The Deloy Meeting

Second Place:
KindraLabelle2 – For the both of us

Third Place:
727Skye – Support Cruisers Destroyed (already won first and cannot win two prizes, thus…)

Third Place:
Peeple – Master Love

NonWriters

First Place:
Olaru12 – My Epiphany

Second Place:
Factis – Discretion

Third Place:
MykeNukem – The Yin and the Yang

AND

Semperfortis – Honor (staff just for fun)

CONGRATS to all the winners, and thanks to all who entered, read and voted.
Also, an extra applause to our two new Writers:
Olaru12
and
Factis

FYI
Prizes will be awarded in about an hour.

edit on Fri Jan 13 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

Prizes and new Writer Status has been granted.

edit on Fri Jan 13 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2023 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Our continued thanks to everyone that participated, you constantly submit some very creative entries. Can't wait to see what you present in the next Contest!

Congratulations Winners & Welcome To Our Newest "Writers" Olaru12 & Factis.

Please accept this Virtual Coin.

edit on 1/14/2023 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2023 @ 11:13 PM
link   

And to me (no offense to anybody I liked Kindra's and everybody's too) Cole's was the best. Just always fascinating how 'public' opinion differs .

Geared up and ready to dive into the next

posted on Jan, 14 2023 @ 02:00 AM
link   
A mid-summer congrats to all the winners.

posted on Jan, 14 2023 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Congratulations to all the winners. And in fact , congratulation to all the people that entered; it takes courage to create something and put it out there for a critique.

And thanks to all the folks that entertained my effort at whimsy. Looking forward to the next contest.

Also and thanks for the New Writers Status but I seem to remember being awarded that honor back in Feb. 2021 for the winner of Free Your Mind contest.
edit on 14-1-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2023 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Congratulations to the winners and to Olaru and Factis for receiving writer status

posted on Jan, 14 2023 @ 08:56 PM
link   
HEY!! We have winners and a probability of a NEW! topic! weeeeeeeeee!

Good job everyone. I have been more in the background that I would have preferred for the past few Short Story contests. Life takes precedence. We are all a conglomeration of creative minds.

My Mother taught me to read well before I was in preschool/kindergarten. I always loved the old Sci-Fi masters and their short story anthologies; their stories always had a hook at the end. I have missed participating. ;o)

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Congratulations 727Sky!

Well deserved writer's status to Olaru12 and Factis!

Excellent stories from the runners-up and all who participated!

edit on 16/1/2023 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: argentus
Good job everyone. I have been more in the background that I would have preferred for the past few Short Story contests. Life takes precedence. We are all a conglomeration of creative minds

Absolutely, same here. I think I'll find time to write and suddenly the deadline looms ever closer. My phone on its last legs doesn't help either. New phone on the way, hopefully renewed inspiration, too.

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

I have resolved to make time for the things which matter to me, rather than the things which are important to others. I am past retirement age, however where I live the word 'retirement' has little meaning. I will work in some capacity or another until I drop for good. It's a good life, spent close to the Earth. ;o)

I hope to see you writing in this next challenge. You have something to say Encia.

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: argentus

Cheers, Argentus. I look forward to reading your tales, too.

posted on Jan, 23 2023 @ 04:20 PM
link   

HARD TO BELIEVE, A NEW CONTEST IS ABOUT TO START!

posted on Jan, 23 2023 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

woooooooooooHOOOOOOOOOOOO! I am practically fibrillating with joy!

Okay. That was over the top. Definitely vibrating though.

Let me take this otherwise unadorned space to thank YOU Johnny and DTOM for the time you two spend overseeing and guiding these contests. You two are very much appreciated, and most of us consider you to be the foundation of ATS itself.

THANK YOU!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Hey Folks...I don't know about you, but it's cold outside. Which (for me) makes perfect weather to sit and write a story idea down.

And speaking of writing, were about 3 days shy of having a new "Contest Themed Contest" which has been chosen by our previous Contest writing champion 727Skye. I think you'll really enjoy the upcoming creative theme.

So get those virtual pen and pencils sharpened and ready!

edit on 1/27/2023 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 08:41 PM
link   
We re just about an hour away from the start of a NEW CONTEST... and your going to love the theme that's been picked out (and pretty much can guarantee that).

.... Get Ready!

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Hey There Guys and Gals. We have made it to that blessed time to introduce this month's Themed Short Story Contest, and it's a beautiful thing for everyone.

This contest theme is courtesy of our last winner 727Sky, and is entitled: FREE YOUR IMAGINATION -- FYI2023. So... Whatever you want to write about, where ever you want to take us, doesn't matter... just write what you can imagine (CAVEAT: ALL T&C's Still Apply).

Thanks to 727Sky for a great idea and theme to work from and here's the link to the Contest. Lets have some fun!

SHORT STORY WRITERS CONTEST -- February 2023 -- FREE YOUR IMAGINATION --FYI2023

edit on 2/1/2023 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

Woo hooooo! I will put on my thinkin' cap later on and see what I can come up with. I absolutely lurve a contest with no parameters!!!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join