It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard professor about to look for UFO that crashed off Australian coast

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Astrophysicist Avi Loeb has previously made waves by claiming the object that streaked across the sky off the coast of Manus Island, Papua New Guinea in 2014 was actually some form of spacecraft.

Loeb's project received full funding, which will allow them to excavate the ocean floor and investigate the materials
that fell from the sky eight years ago.
This type of meteor is one of only three similar objects to be discovered near Earth.
The pancaked-shaped UFO, Oumuamua, was discovered in 2017.

A Harvard professor believes a meteor that crashed off the coast of Australia nearly a decade ago may actually be an alien spacecraft.

www.msn.com...

Harvard professor to scour ocean floor north of Australia for crashed ‘alien technology’
www.news.com.au... ec68785903b196e2e8e32225eeaec

au.news.yahoo.com... d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAADT_CDD3TSxN5RaNZhSUM5ioiBFANCZLsyVebUoUUsgYiR5EmSFycnBiDZ_Ep1-ObyZw8kDPPb7nCLVVA6PlO6SYd01NUVFneVSJrEhjLLxG pOYOvBMwScUkgLt9L2QIlUHcjN2po2X48kslkwMCK52woxBaK-RFv4OsdNdvliXV

As part of the expedition, astrophysicist Avi Loeb, who “definitely” believes extraterrestrials exist, will scour the floor of the southwestern Pacific Ocean for what he believes may be an alien spacecraft.

“The material of it is tougher than iron, based on the data, so the question is whether it’s just an unusual rock or perhaps a spacecraft from another civilisation,” he told Channel Seven’s Sunrise on Monday.

The unknown object plummeted into the Pacific Ocean in 2014, about 160 kilometres off the coast of Australia’s neighbour, Papua New Guinea. Scientists believe it was traveling at 45 kilometres per second.

Earlier this year, the US Space Command confirmed the article came from another star system, and was the first interstellar meteor to ever hit earth.

But Professor Loeb, who heads up the Galileo Project, which is working to capture a high-definition image of a UFO, believes otherwise.

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Have you ever wondered whether the Gods take a dump?

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

That would imply that "gods" eat food ?
I think I read ones that god and angles was enjoying something called mana.
Perhaps the mysteries dark matter is mana.. hmm

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I just have one wish, that Astrophysicist Avi Loeb live stream the event so no foul play or misunderstandings occur.
Because who to say what would happen if he really did stumble upon a alien craft down there, I have a hunch every military and 3 letter company would swarm in like mosquitoes in seconds.

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Why wouldn't military and intelligence community submarines have been there already?

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I wish Professor Loeb good luck searching for the interstellar object , even if it isn't anything other than than a standard meteor it would still be of interest.

A team of researchers has discovered at least two new minerals that have never before been seen on Earth in a 15 ton meteorite found in Somalia—the ninth largest meteorite ever found.

"Whenever you find a new mineral, it means that the actual geological conditions, the chemistry of the rock, was different than what's been found before," says Chris Herd, a professor in the Department of Earth & Atmospheric Sciences and curator of the University of Alberta's Meteorite Collection. "That's what makes this exciting: In this particular meteorite you have two officially described minerals that are new to science."
phys.org...

Since the discovery of Oumuamua and our woeful inability to explore it we should have an investigator mission prepared and waiting to go explore the next interesting interstellar object , of course Oumuamua was a particularly interesting object and that chance was missed.

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

Gives new meaning to "And God created Man in his own image".

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Why wouldn't military and intelligence community submarines have been there already?

Why would you presume they haven't, or that this professor isn't working with an intelligence agency?

Just sayin'.

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Is it Avi Loeb?

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I'm of the opinion if it was anything its already been nabbed by some agency long ago

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

I always wondered why that was even written. When you think about it hes basically created other life forms and I don't think hes referring to our animals on the planet

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

originally posted by: carewemust

Why would you presume they haven't, or that this professor isn't working with an intelligence agency?

Just sayin'.

If anything of interest landed there, you can bet your ass the U.S. and Australian recovery teams have already hit the place. In fact, the U.S. military has a very highly classified recovery team whose task it is to track and recover "foreign" technology that has crashed.

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Expect this to disappear and never make headlines again.

Reminiscent of www.orlandosentinel.com...

Miklos found a sunken USO off the coast of Florida, years ago, and he was never renewed for another season, and never went back to the site.

NOAA went there with NASA under the guise of mapping out some rich biological source of life "newly discovered" off the east coast of the US.

They combed it, they examined it, and if there was anything to be retrieved, it has been. Make no mistake, these types of things happen, and they always black OP it.

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

I was wondering whatever happened to that show. I didn’t know that NOAA and NASA went there…..any further links to their involvement?

👽

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Sounds a bit like a twist on Project Azorian.

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Yet, MH370 is still pending to be found, no matter how many teams were searching for it and how sophisticated their technology was. The ocean is a hostile, vast, and extremely complex environment.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

www.businessinsider.com...

Part cover story, part convenient find.

Happened right after the Miklos finding.

NOAA and NASA sectioned off a large part of the coastal waters between North Carolina and Florida, during this time.

They did a lot of underwater snooping, with a lot of equipment.

Normal vessels were not allowed in the area, and they would not disclose the exact location for "security concerns for the reef"

If you believe in cover stories. This was it.

That NOAA activity began in 2016 as far as I can remember. But ramped after the Miklos announcement. I'm sure I can dig up more articles if I look.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

It would be interesting to get a definitive reason directly from Miklos why the show was cancelled.

I watched the series….and it appeared to me the Bahamian’s threatened his life if he kept looking for shipwreck gold in the area he was in……..I thought perhaps the show ended for fear of him loosing his life.

👽

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 02:24 AM
link   
It looks to me that Professor Avi Loeb and whoever is funding him, are determined to find signs of alien life 👽 here on Earth or relics of alien life let's say. I am very interested to find out who is funding him. By the way, I find nothing wrong with what the good Professor is doing. But he needs to be a bit more careful before coming to conclusions as the 'dinosaurs' of this world and I mean the 'fact-checkers' and 'arbiters' of truth have also entered academia and try hard eventhough most times they just fail due to their lack of knowledge and understanding of the matters involved.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 06:49 AM
link   
He hopes to find parts of a meteor that disintegrated in the lower atmosphere 100 miles off the coast of PNG on the back of a $1.5M grant !

Seems to be a pretty longshot to me, I am going to find out where that grant came from as I have a few ideas myself that need funding.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join