It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With Democrats Demoted to House Minority - HAKEEM JEFFRIES Replaces Nancy Pelosi as their Leader.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Wednesday, November 30, 2022

History in the making: An Ethnic Minority will be the U.S. House Minority Leader for the first time, beginning in Jan 2023....just 32 days from now.

Hakeem Jeffries elected to replace Pelosi as top House Democrat, ushering in new generation of leadership.

Democrats elected Rep. Hakeem Jeffries (D-NY) to lead the House caucus in the next Congress on Wednesday, ushering in a new generation of House leadership with Rep. Katherine Clark (D-MA) as the next minority whip and Rep. Pete Aguilar (D-CA) as House Democratic conference chairman.

The changing of the guard comes in the wake of Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), 82, and Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-MD), 83, announcing their plans to step down from their leadership roles, but remain in Congress next term.

House Democrats voted by acclamation to elect Aguilar, then moved to vote on Jeffries for minority leader, whom Democrats also elected by acclamation. A vote on Clark will follow shortly thereafter. All three ran unopposed.

----

Jeffries, 52, is set to make history as the first black lawmaker elected to be leader of a party in Congress. The New York Democrat has been described by multiple of his colleagues as someone able to serve as a bridge between generations and between progressives and centrists in the caucus.

Jeffries was first elected to his seat in 2012, rising to become a co-chairman of the House Democratic Policy and Communications Committee in 2017 before being elected as House Democratic Caucus chairman, a position he has held since 2019.
Source: www.washingtonexaminer.com...

What do we know about Hakeem Jeffries? Has his political career been "scandal free", like former President Barack Obama states his has been? Jeffries is about the age Barack Obama was, when he was first elected President.

Even though the vast majority of U.S. News Media ignored Republican House Leadership over the past 2 years, while they were the House Minority Party, I get the feeling the Democrat Leaders will get a Lot of Attention, even though they will have very limited powers between now and the next mid-term election, in Nov 2024.

-CareWeMust

edit on 11/30/2022 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 11:13 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Jeffries, 52, is expected to govern to the left of Pelosi in the new Congress.

“He’s a pragmatic progressive who works across the aisle to get stuff done," one source close to Jeffries said. "He’s also got one of the most progressive voting records in Congress."

And the beat goes on.

Gawd, I wish we had age limits for politicians, even more so than term limits.

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 11:35 AM
link   

He's an election denier.
cnsnews.com...
I suppose it all depends on which election you don't like these days.

eta:
This is icing on the cake:

Fox News further reported, “Democrats have criticized Trump for nearly two years now for his rejection of the 2020 election results. But when asked this week if Jeffries still believes Russia stole the 2016 election for Trump, Jeffries' office indicated that is still the case and told Fox News Digital his "observations about the twice-impeached Florida man speak for themselves."

edit on 30-11-2022 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 11:58 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Every time Jeffries utters the words "election denier", his own stance will be thrown right back in his face.

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 12:03 PM
link   
At least it’s not the guy who said Guam would tip over.

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 12:07 PM
link   

We have a MUD PIT Thread on this topic.
This is NOT it!!!!!!!

All rules for POLITE political debate will be enforced.
Members must also Stay on Topic!!!
Go after the ball not the player.

Trolling, And What To Do About It

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 12:11 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I think this says more about Pelosi stepping down....she is power mad. Could it be about her hubby?????

Me thinks so, so they throw out a box checker as an interim til the whale returns.

(post by xuenchen removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

You're referring to congressman Hank Johnson. I believe Hakeem Jeffries was his understudy for a while.

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
I think this says more about Pelosi stepping down....she is power mad. Could it be about her hubby?????

Me thinks so, so they throw out a box checker as an interim til the whale returns.

Nancy said the hammer attack has changed Paul. I don't know if that's good or bad, considering he thought he could get out of a DUI arrest by showing his AARP card to the California State Police.

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Jeffries' staff is still researching that 😀

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

You're referring to congressman Hank Johnson. I believe Hakeem Jeffries was his understudy for a while.

Great
Hopefully he is an independent thinker.

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

He's an election denier.

yes the new black male pelosi hypocrite is a election denier.

here are seven other times he denied the 2016 elelction, and even pushed the russia russia lie.

THREAD: Here are 8 times Hakeem Jeffries — the Democrats' new House leader — denied election results.

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 09:29 PM
link   
12.5.2022 fyi

Minority leader HAKEEM JEFFRIES says Mitch McConnel labeling him as an "election denier" is not fair!

Jeffries, appearing on ABC’s “This Week,” was asked by anchor George Stephanopoulos to respond to McConnell’s charge, saying that “you did say that history will never accept Donald Trump as a legitimate president, and the Republicans are making quite a big issue out of that. What is your response?

“Well, here’s the Republican playbook. Facts don’t matter. Hypocrisy is not a constraint to their behavior. And, in many cases, they believe that shamelessness is a superpower,” Jeffries said.
Source: thehill.com... eir-behavior/

I think Hakeem has learned a lot of words in his adult life, but not how to string them together in a coherent manner. He's a slightly more sophisticated version of Joe Biden, lol.

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 09:39 PM
link   

HAKEEM JEFFRIES is Unfit for Office Due to an Irrational Hatred of Others . Freely Elected Representatives are put in their Government Positions by WE THE PEOPLE . They REPRESENT The Peoples WILL , Not Theirs > ~!

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 09:41 PM
link   
He is a minority leader, he has no power, unless he uses his race card to push democrats' agendas and the "RINOS" bend over for him.

Remember people nothing is done for no reason, is a reason why the democrats selected that particular politicians to be their house minority speaker to replace Pelosi, I am sure he will move closer to Pelosi house, and they will build a tunnel between the two properties soo Pelosi can have secret meetings with JEFFRIES.

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

HAKEEM JEFFRIES is Unfit for Office Due to an Irrational Hatred of Others . Freely Elected Representatives are put in their Government Positions by WE THE PEOPLE . They REPRESENT The Peoples WILL , Not Theirs > ~!

Jeffries' cousin down in Georgia, Ralph Warnock, tried to run over his wife, but she moved out of the way.

Source: www.ajc.com...< br />

Democrats like candidates who exercise HATE. Biden, Warnock, Jeffries, Sharpton, etc...etc...

edit on 12/5/2022 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join