It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is something seriously wrong with Canada

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: 47Cide

I have had that paperwork in place for years, had to for my job.

That said when someone reaches out for help, assisted suicide should not be the first thing offered, heck it should be the last thing after multiple second opinions at best.

After my point with the Vet, I do not believe they have any intention of having safeguards in place to prevent people outside the intended audience from partaking.

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Yes I agree it should not be the first option, But I worry that Psychiatrist's will not consider most peoples requests. For example, I know of a Psychiatrist in Canada here who does not though principle support it at all, Nor does he prescribe the use of Stimulants to those clearly suffering from ADHD. He is simply of the opinion these things are not helpful or aiding those who are suicidal, etc.

Without going in Depth about my Personal Life, I wish to do that under my original ATS Account from 2005 - Anyway - I wish to say that I think there should be some default eligibility to those suffering from extreme diagnoses, if they wish to escape suffering later in their adulthood or elderly lives, as a result of aging etc, I can assure you many people will use Mental Health as an excuse to obtain the right to die. I'm just as likely as anyone to abuse the system in that sense, if I need to. Its not that bad in certain circumstances!

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: litterbaux

I got my Drivers License when I was 16 in Canada, and was being taught how to drive with my Grandfather in parking lots from age 7 and up. I do believe that 14 would be an appropriate age to drive.

posted on Dec, 15 2022 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I love this YouTuber. I'm not him nor affiliated with him.

I'm kinda shocked it took him so long to pick up on this story.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join