It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams Can Alter Perception

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Every single night I have multiple lucid dreams that affect my emotions the next day. Have you ever had a realistic dream about an ex Lover, only to crave them the next day and the day after that? While being in a current relationship it can impact my view on the person I'm with now. I didn't ask for this and it's like false memories have been implanted into my heart only to wake up and feel the trickery yet yearn for the memory to be real. It will be on my mind throughout the day...I can still feel her lips and Love for me that was expressed in the dream state but I know it is not her or a deeper desire for this to be real. It feels purposely done.

Anyone who has stopped using Cannabis will tell you that you have the most intense dreams afterwards and they can totally bridge both Worlds if you allow it. My grip is firm here so I don't fall too deep into emotions these dreams are leaving but it definitely influences my thoughts. As we take emotions and issues with us into the dream world, we pull some back with us here. The weight of reality on the scale of this journey seems to tilt towards an even balance at times, leaving me with the notion that dreams are more influential than I ever imagined. If the ones I do not remember, cause a subconscious influence on my rooted path.

What is there in the dream world taking shape and form as characters in our life to extract emotion and create disharmony in our waking lives? Is it simply unresolved matters materializing there for us to work through on a deeper level? Or something more sinister at play? Entity related or debri of the heart and mind turned into storylines? A reality just as significant and solid as this one in a twisted form? Either way, it can alter ones crave in the here and now. For me atleast.
edit on 29-11-2022 by NautPsycho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: NautPsycho

Have you ever had a realistic dream about an ex Lover, only to crave them the next day and the day after that? While being in a current relationship it can impact my view on the person I'm with now. I didn't ask for this and it's like false memories have been implanted into my heart only to wake up and feel the trickery yet yearn for the memory to be real. It will be on my mind throughout the day...I can still feel her lips and Love for me that was expressed in the dream state but I know it is not her or a deeper desire for this to be real. It feels purposely done.

My ex once had a dream about me cheating on her , She woke up next to me and slapped me out of my sleep .

She was noticeably upset with me for the remainder of the day .

Turns out the dream was rooted in her own guilt because she was the one cheating .

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

Have you ever had a realistic dream about an ex Lover, only to crave them the next day and the day after that? While being in a current relationship it can impact my view on the person I'm with now. I didn't ask for this and it's like false memories have been implanted into my heart only to wake up and feel the trickery yet yearn for the memory to be real. It will be on my mind throughout the day...I can still feel her lips and Love for me that was expressed in the dream state but I know it is not her or a deeper desire for this to be real. It feels purposely done.

My ex once had a dream about me cheating on her , She woke up next to me and slapped me out of my sleep .

She was noticeably upset with me for the remainder of the day .

Turns out the dream was rooted in her own guilt because she was the one cheating .

Just like a cheater to blame you for what they are doing. Why are they so jealous when committing the crime themselves?

Ironically, I had a bunch of dreams my ex was cheating on me. I woke up feeling the same way as your ex, minus the slapping part. She professed over and over that it wasn’t true. Turns out my dreams were divine, and not only was she cheating on me - she was an absolute slut. From the time of the dreams to the time I finally found out about all the cheating was freaking 8 years later…. 8 wasted years of the prime of my life.

To the OP, yes, dreams definitely fu## with you.

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Dreams can alter perception ...and perception alters reality ......

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Perception is fluid and is affected by many things at any time.

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I’d say dreams alter moods or feelings rather than perception. Sometimes as much as a week, or months, especially if the dream is lucid and intense.

The feeling will wear off over time, but the memory of the dream will last a lifetime.

new topics

top topics

join