It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cryptological Journeys

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Lets be clear, I hate starting threads & have been thinking this over for a very long time. Very seldom do people ever change their minds regardless of how much new info/data comes to light. Cryptozoology is just as polarizing as religion, ufo's or politics so voluntarily jumping in is fraught. In the thread title Cryptological Journeys it's not exactly like a travel trip you go on, or a guided tour. It's mostly info I've come across that in some circumstances puts-paid to repetitive questions or hopefully lays to rest misinformation that's been rampant across the internet.
All the links I've found over years, not weeks or days. Since this is still a journey, fasten your seatbelt & keep your hands inside the car!

Starting with the "Headless Valley" or the Nahanni National Park in Alberta Canada. Lots of stories, yarns, misinformation out there that is spin-doctored all over the internet till everyone is scared silly and repeating that misinformation. Just like other wilderness areas with forbidding terrain people have gone missing. It is undoubtedly bound to happen. This is a 1958 film done by a couple who traversed the valley by boat to give everyone interested a look-see at the valley. The only other fact I know is that human skulls are round & roll, it's not unexpected depending on terrain or predation to find them separate from the rest of the remains. Easier to jump to conclusions than ask a forensic anthropologist I suppose?

Next up is Sabe, Sasquatch, Bigfoot. JMO but if your still on the fence about this one, enjoy the splinters!!! If you're still insisting it's a Ape I'll just be over here channeling Ron White for ya. This info came to me from Robert Kryder of K/X Explorations, altho I'm having trouble relocating the Anthropology Textbook he cited, and the info was new to me, it turns out a defining characteristic separating Apes from Humans is bipedalism. Science confirms thru Locomotor type that Sasquatch just fell into the Human category.
THUD!!!

Am cheatering a bit, using a NIH PubMed paper as documentation. There a mass of other scientific papers stating the same which go back more than a few years (2012). So at the very least the question "Is it Ape or Human" should have stopped then. Using Anthropologies yardstick
the question has been asked & answered. What kind of Human specifically remains to be discovered.

pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Bipedalism is one of the criteria that paleoanthropologists use in order to interpret the fossil record and to determine if a specimen belongs to the human lineage. In the context of such interpretations, bipedalism is considered to be a unique characteristic of this lineage that also marks its origin. This conception has largely remained unchallenged over the last decades, in spite of fossil discoveries that led to the emergence of bipedalism in the human lineage being shifted back by several millions of years.

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I once had a dory-mate on a scalloper that creeped us all out.
If anyone on the planet was a living Neanderthal, he was.
You shoulda seen him devour raw fish, head to tail, whole.

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: PiratesCut
LOL!!!
My first question would be, did he at least descale the fish???
(Inquiring minds)

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Be careful with your logic here. Bipedalism is ONE of the criteria anthropolgists have traditionally used to determine whether a given species is human. It's not the only one. It's just that no one has found a "human" (Homo) that isn't bipedal. Maybe there are none. That is perfectly and logically possible. However, it does not follow that ALL species that are bipedal are human. It is definitely possible there could be a non-Homo species that is bipedal. Indeed, there are many known species that are partially bipedal, just not 100% so. Indeed, I'm not 100% bipedal myself. I just spent a few minutes on my knees trying to capture a recalcitrant cat. (P.S. I caught him, the little creep!)

What we really need is the creature itself, and we need a DNA sample. Until then, this issue will remain in the realm of myth.

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 08:46 PM
link   
C'ont..

While I'm not a Physicist, nor do I play one on ATS, found some tidbits that "may" put to rest another happy idea concerning Portals.Since science hasn't fully caught up yet it's all speculation obviously. Including this just because a amazing amount of people keep on insisting Sasquatch is using them. So presenting a theories that isn't completely ludicrous.

The Time Dilation Point. At 00:49 Robert Kryder gives a logical explanation.

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

This is why I'm still searching for the textbook Kryder discussed, Anthropology courses are currently using it & it seems
there may have been a shift making bipedalism a more prominent issue. Yeah, I've also think a body is necessary.
Have been waiting for that Train/logging truck accident for a few decades now!

posted on Nov, 27 2022 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

not much cryptological in that documentary, just a cute get away on the rivers and finding some gold along the way.

posted on Nov, 27 2022 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Cryptids are hidden or unknown creatures. When ever a new species is discovered or a lost species found, it is reported in cryptological circles. This includes, or should include, the smallest cryptids of the insect type, but bugs aren't a big deal to big game cryptid hunters looking to bag a big foot.

I think it's more than likely those on such a journey, actually going out there and looking for cryptids, are missing many lost or unknown species they are walking right past, perhaps even stepping on a few.

posted on Nov, 27 2022 @ 09:18 AM
link   
He went after scale free fish like Cod etc.
The noises he made were the worst.
So much was weird about him.
He was immune to cold.
I’d have a thermal lined hoodie on and he’d be in a t-shirt.
Guys used to say I was a freak when it came to wearing little clothing in cold, this guy though….wow!
I was considered a powerhouse back then and I was.
Insanely strong and this guy literally scared me.
What would have been his 4th trip with us he was a no show.
As far as I know he was never seen again around the docks.

I picture him howling from some mountain top in the far North now.
Maybe he got grabbed for study, 🤷‍♂️

In hindsight I wish I’d thought to get pics of him, they would freak you out!

Oh well, I’m sure this will be labeled as BS or fantasy by many.
That’s ok…..it’s history, subject closed.
Thanks for the reply!!’

Cheers

da pirate 😎

PS: Here’s an oldie…

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: pic

posted on Feb, 5 2023 @ 02:09 PM
link   
OK Back!!

Did not abandon the thread by choice.
Laptop was murdered shortly after I started this thread, took time to get new one, longer to play the password/email/recovery game.

Will be posting new stuff as I access it again.
TIA

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

not much cryptological in that documentary, just a cute get away on the rivers and finding some gold along the way.

A large part in sorting out fact or logical probabilities is doing the backround on a Cryptids alleged stomping grounds. Nahanni Valley has had many legends/stories for years. "Some" Bigfoot Researchers & Enthusiasts are overly fond of latching onto any "Topic D'Jour" whether for YouTube views or self promotion or "claiming insider knowledge"

You can't judge anyones information about a location if you haven't seen it. Optimally we'd all be out in the field at these sites. Practically & financially it isn't always possible. JMO with all the absolute smack/dreck flooding the internet about the Nahanni Valley finding a reputable visual source as backround material was warranted.

This couples travels was filmed long before the current bigfoot insanity. So filming isn't full of cut-aways or done with any Bigfoot bias. Stories/Alleged Sightings can be matched to actual physical locations in this very rugged area.
Researching Cryptids isn't one after another flood of scary-hyped stories despite forums & YouTube giving that impression. Voyeurism isn't research, it's entertainment.

More troubling is Podcasts, YouTubes, fiction books flooding all forms of media with sensationalism.
The UFO-Disinformation campaign has been now retrofitted to blast Bigfootery with the same silliness. The minute herds of "alleged government contractors" began giving interviews the Disinformation Machine should have been apparent to anyone paying attention. We've been down this road before.

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Thank you. There's a lot to my bigfoot story, but the short of it is I used to be cool with extraterrestrials and the angels versus demons, but would totally mock wookie watchers. I hated the subject. That is, until I saw two of them... and my experience will not be dissuaded by opposition in that I saw two bigfoot creatures.

I can't explain them, but after that, I will hear anyone out about anything, really.

posted on May, 6 2023 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: BeNotAfraid

You're welcome !
Mocking Wookie-Watchers is fairly common.
I stay matter of fact about it. Most people only know what they've seen on TV so of course to them Bigfoot is one big bundle of "crayzeeee!!". Just because you can't explain what was seen ,covering the "who what & why ,where" pokes your brain into problem solving. What gets glossed over is that someone who's seen a Bigfoot want answers 1000X MORE
than anyone else does. If you want to share your experience go for it!
If not I totally "get it".

The Ohio DNR came out with a 4 part series about Bigfoot. The topic is now being treated seriously by the Ohio Parks System. Took them long enough! My first encounters happened at Beaver Creek State Park in the late 60's early 70's.
Suffice it to say a great majority of the kids whose families camped there on the regular knew about "Them".
The Park Rangers & Naturalist denied knowing anything so us kids were left to just figure it out ourselves.

Shockingly I google earthed Beaver Creek recently an to my surprise the Bigfoots access to the campground has been blocked intentionally. Under the guise of "that bluff was deemed too dangerous for campers" & habitat improvements.
OH REALLY??? Quite obviously the park became finally aware of the Bigfoot runway from the creek up to the campground from the pine tree flats on the Dogwood trail that runs along the creek in the valley. Dunno how they plan on cutting off access to the other loop of the campground since it's private property up that gully to the backside of the Pine Loop campsites.

Here is the link to the DNR's official video's. The rest are in the channels playlist.

edit on 6-5-2023 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2023 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Try #2
OK...can't imbed video if someone could help?

edit on 6-5-2023 by Caver78 because: imbedding video issues

edit on 6-5-2023 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Yup. Hashtag, #facts Lol. By the way, at least with YouTube (Thanks, Pooh!) you click the link to share button under the video, copy/paste that into the "insert a YouTube video ID" field here on ATS, and then... select the alphanumerics after the equal sign "=", and cut/paste just that into the same field. If you know what I mean, that'll do the trick.

Story: After a heckuva day in Saint Augustine, Florida roughly a decade-plus ago, my GPS was glitchy, so I followed the signs to get on I-95 North to our hotel that evening. Score one for a Full Moon night, I zigged when I should've zagged and found an I-95 sign amongst construction ones across an otherwise unlit road, and aimed my SUV for it. In a few minutes, the asphalt gave to gravel and dirt through the woods. Yeah, not a by-way to the highway. My tired brain got us onto an unfinished site and into some section of swampy goodness. Grabby fog and all.

I didn't put it in reverse out of curiosity since, according to my headlights, the path was paved. Narrow as heck, but I'd give it another comfortable minute, and see if I'd have room for a thirty-point turn, or not. Then we emerged onto a Moonlit clearing. Time got wyrd here. My wife and I turned to each other to share a sigh of relief, but my eyes tooned out of my brainbox at what I saw past the windshield and passenger side windows.

Time got weird in this moment. Two wookies and a deer? Are those men? Those big guys naked? Cheap monkey suit prank? What's with the face? What are they doing with their arms? The buck fled. Is this really happening right now? What did she say? Get Honey home. Turn the Car. They pranking hardhats for bulldozing their area? Am I really gonna bantha poodoo myself that this ain't happening, because it is happening. Are they barefoot? Party City costumes don't have soles. Where'd they go? Men don't feel vibe weird aura like that. I'm scared and I don't think I've taken a breath. Why did God make them? Get Honey home.

"What? What did you see?", she asks in her scared voice. She's a paralyzed with fear type, unfortunately.

"I just saw two bigfoot and I am never-ever ever ever going to make fun about anyone seeing bigfoot or anything else ever ever ever again..!" OMG. Everything is real. Everything is real. Get Honey home. I just saw two bigfoot.

And that's just the bigfoot part of that day. My shoulders were practically in my ears until we got to the hotel. The GPS had crapped out, but I can tell you bigfoot were living in Twelve Mile Swamp. Also, my short Tweet on the matter was featured on 30 Odd Minutes. It's been awhile since I've bothered with the Twit, but I posted something like, "Wookies. I mean, ape-like hominids. After I saw two near St Augustine, Florida I can't mock anyone for any cryptid sightings."

That's basically it. The fact that there is a humanoid factor to them, an ambient fright thing, and something to the arm flailing. Also, being around people is how I know those two were not guys in monkey suits. Thou shall not bear false witness.

posted on Jun, 18 2023 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: BeNotAfraid

Thanks for sharing!
Dunno what kind of vehicle you were driving but I've noticed the newer ones are so quiet deer are shocked when you have to stop cause they're in the middle of the road. Not talking EV's just newer vehicles. I'm also not a fan of GPS cause most times it drags you the longest way possible to your destination.

If it helps maybe think about you prolly freaked the two BF out as well. They were gonna score a meal & instead "OMG!! People!!!!" Night ruined for everyone is at least fair?

Your 30-point turn comment cracked me up! It's my worst nightmare. It's bad enough I spend significant time muttering my mantra "I don't wanna see ANYTHING" every time I have to drive at night. Really, I'm good with it. It's other peoples turn to see stuff!

new topics

top topics

join