It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forgiving the Unrepentant

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Tis the season for gratitude, love, and forgiveness. While I have no trouble finding an abundance to be grateful for and people to love, I’m having a difficult time forgiving the masses who, riding on the high of propaganda-driven self-righteousness and tyranny of the majority, threatened, shunned, mocked, extorted, wished death upon, and denied services and basic human rights to their fellow man.

If you supported Noam Chomsky when he said we should “remove by starvation if necessary these subhuman creatures from society,” you allowed your fear to turn you into a genocidal monster. If you defend Gain-of Function Fauci while blaming your fellows for the resultant tragic loss of life, you have aligned yourself with the covid creators and turned your back on humanity. If you blame the ineffectiveness of the treatments on those who didn’t want to take the ineffective and in many cases harmful “treatment,” you have lost your ability to reason.

You have no right to force others to jeopardize their lives out of fear for your own. Every measure taken to prevent covid has proven harmful to human health, and yet you are still so selfish and fearful for your own safety that you are still defending policies which devastated the young and healthy and did nothing to save grandma. Even when the experts caught up to the conspiracy theorists and admitted the damage done by lockdowns, masks, leaky, untested “vaccines,” and fear mongering, you still refuse to admit your mistake.

I don’t blame you. I would be deeply ashamed of myself were I in your position.

I will do my best to forgive you. I continue to pray to be the better person. I think that we (the UNVAXXT) need to continue to grow and for our own sake and the sake of our loved ones must find it in ourselves to forgive others, despite their refusal to see the grievous error of their ways.

Any thoughts on forgiving the unrepentant?

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 10:48 AM
link   
No forgiveness left. Zero F's given.

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Failure to forgive anyone?

It is written, Those who refuse to forgive, there sins will also not be forgiven.

a reply to: zosimov

edit on 26-11-2022 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Creep Thumper

It was so bad. I don't think a lot of people realize the hell on earth they made for others, and many seem to have forgotten and are moving on. When I talk to my more moderate friends (got the vaccine themselves but never pressured or shunned me for my choices) they seem genuinely surprised to hear how bad it was--and I was one of the luckier ones who got to keep my job and never really was denied any service or anything. There were people who were refused life-saving organ transplants over this!

I don't blame you, but for me, I don't want to carry the burden of unforgiveness around if I can avoid it. And a few people who I need to forgive are people I love very much.

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I'm sure you're perfect

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

It is written, Those who refuse to forgive, there sins will also not be forgiven.

If you want to live your life based on an old book written by fallible men two millenia ago, fine. Don't expect the rest of us to join in your delusion.

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

I work on logic and reason and common sense.

If a person cannot take accountability or responsibility for their failure I CANNOT FORGIVE without the apology.

Blind forgiveness towards others is for the people who need it themselves me thinks.

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

This is a very valid point, and especially considering that the nightmare is still in full force for some, and the reimplementation of these deadly policies is looming elsewhere.

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Who is to judge, if there is something to forgive in the first place?

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene
Those who lost health work and relationships due to medical tyranny. Not those who enforced it.

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Forgive yourself for not being able to forgive them and call it even.

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

This might just be the solution

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 12:01 PM
link   
unconditional forgiveness is fine on a personal level. my idiot roommate steals $20, I make myself forgive him. (but I make sure not to leave my wallet out again)

people in authority need to be held accountable. When people make bad decisions that hurt others, and ruin their lives, their actions should be investigated and revealed, and punished appropriately.
edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: (no reason given)

add to this that none of these people have expressed any remorse or regrets. forgiveness is usually conditional on repentance and nobody is repenting.
edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: add thoughtful content

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Excellent point. Those in authority who lied, slandered, and enforced deadly and destructive policies while violating human rights and breaking their own rules need to be held accountable.

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I have friends who still believe 1,0000% that the vaccine helped save lives, and it was the non-compliance of anti-vaxers that made the pandemic so bad.

They are just as strong in their convictions as I am in mine. I don't think that requires my forgiveness, since I don't judge them for their convictions.

It's the people who knowingly perpetrated this scam on the world that need forgiveness; I don't see them asking for it, though.

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Forgive, sure. When an apology is made to my face.

Forget? Never.

Grudge? Perhaps. These people were so confidently ignorant and ready to throw you into the poorhouse or grave.

edit on 26-11-2022 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

Forgive yourself for not being able to forgive them and call it even.

The logic.................

...works!

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

There was something very freeing about reading that post.

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I have done a thread arguing against the modern sentiment that the unrepentant must be forgiven automatically. I think it is non-Biblical

Jesus said; Forgive your brother when he repents

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Great post and thread.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join