It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While you were in lockdown.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2022 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster
yet here you are, posting on an internet forum, using some computer no doubt, whereas ATS had no connection encryption whatsoever for most of the time you were a member.

meaning that for years, anyone between you and ATS server could see what you're browsing and what you're posting/writing in PMs. heck, they could even easily hijack your account without you even noticing.

it doesn't matter if you have a "mobile telephone", or actually a smartphone as they're called these days since they're functionally computers, when you're using an actual f..king computer to access this website. wether it's a laptop (also mobile, just a bit bigger), or stationary, makes no difference.

EVERYONE using this website is being tracked.

everyone using the internet is being tracked.

to think otherwise is utter stupidity and ignorance.

so yeah, you've jumped off a cliff yourself, while pretending it's a highway. don't wanna be tracked - go offline.

I was talking about cell-phones. Why did you deflect and derail and start talking about computers? It makes a difference when you can't even stay on subject, don't you think?

posted on Nov, 25 2022 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight
I never wanted or needed a cell phone, but finally got one as I became more and more worried about getting stranded somewhere on the side of the road with car troubles. Nobody will stop as they assume you have a phone.
Off course , if you don't drive and have great access to public transport (Europe) then it's different

I have a question, if you wouldn't mind answering it please. If you were so worried about being stranded somewhere on the side of the road, why didn't you already have a mobile phone? That technology existed at least as far back as the 1950s. I can't get anyone to answer this question. People say they were worried about being stranded but they didn't seem to be worried enough to do anything about it until cell-phones were introduced. What changed? It wasn't the technology. I can't figure it out.

posted on Nov, 25 2022 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The tracking is continuous so that they may backtrack if needed. Otherwise would be to count grains of sand on the beach. Otherwise those that publish their manifesto online before a mass shooting/casualty incident would be identified and intercepted if not stopped beforehand.

Paranoia is like prejudice, a condition of the mind. That the perception is far different than the reality.

posted on Nov, 25 2022 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Well, I watched the entire video and it was so good that I registered for a bit chute account. I would say that video is of Truthstream Media quality and it well explains how the world's population will be swept up into a digital prison.

It appears to me that as to US cities, the infrastructure is already near complete to achieve this transformation so resistance is probably futile. 50% of the population is too stupid to know what's going on. The other 50% is probably thinking fortune will smile on them and they can be part of the controller class.

The future is bleak.

posted on Nov, 27 2022 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Dystopia aside, I loved the lockdowns.
I remember how peaceful it was whilst the sheep hid in their homes from the BoogieFlu.

They then queued up for the Boogie Shots.

You can't make it up.

posted on Nov, 27 2022 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

That is why the government outsources to companies. Especially those that they or their families own shares in.
edit on 27/11/2022 by MetalChickAmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind
I'll bet your mother never told you that if all your friends jumped off a cliff, you probably would too, did she?

Funny story. Back in my younger days in northern Michigan there was a train trellis over the Au Sable river. It was lots of fun to jump off the top of. In college, near Ann Arbor, there was another railway bridge. Also tons of fun to jump from.

Life isn't without risks.

My telephone does everything it's supposed to do. Sending text messages went out in the 1800s with the telegraph. Old technology.
Mobile telephones aren't new technology. Somebody on "I Love Lucy" had one.

Equating modern handheld mobile phones to bag phones and the technology of the 1910s (when the first wireless phones were tested on trains in Germany) is completely asinine. Is not using this message board the same as text message? It is a message, sent over wires, via text, after all. Perhaps you should not use your computer here. You do have a phone, after all.

originally posted by: SRPrime
This is a weak argument, and an informal logical fallacy.

How do you know they aren't? Unless you understand why the tracking is being installed, which is obvious, it's to erode freedom -- you can't say someone isn't worth tracking.

How do you know they are? Unless you know why tracking is being installed, beyond your assumptions, you're using nothing but best guesses either. You can't say someone is worth tracking.

You may not be worth tracking today; you may be worth tracking tomorrow. If we track everybody, and then someone does something that puts them on the radar, since they were being tracked, we can now track backwards.

I will agree with you there. However, that goes back to my opening statement within this thread. Most people have cell phones that can be used to track them. Why the need for cameras when those trackers are already in place and well adopted by the populace?

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster"stupidity and ignorance" is not using a VPN

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid
Totalitarian governments are paranoid schizophrenics. That's why they need ever more surveillance of their subjects.

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

There are over 6.5 billion smart phone users in the world. Around another 750 million more if you include regular cell phones. It's safe to say that most people have them. Probably even you.

Also, why does anyone think they're important enough for the government to track? Mostly likely you're not. The government can hardly keep track of itself, much less actual threats.

CHINA

Nearly everyone has a cell phone.
There are cameras virtually everywhere.
Under the social credit system it’s imperative that everyone is tracked.

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 07:53 PM
link   

a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

There are over 6.5 billion smart phone users in the world. Around another 750 million more if you include regular cell phones. It's safe to say that most people have them. Probably even you.

Also, why does anyone think they're important enough for the government to track? Mostly likely you're not. The government can hardly keep track of itself, much less actual threats.

I am a former smartphone "Addict" or dependant, I had the first iPhone in 2008, and upgraded to a 3S sometime around 2010, then a 5S in 2012. After that I cancelled the contract in 2015, after realizing I had no peace of mind or will anymore, I wanted to live a more stress free, quiet life. I guess I am getting old rite? No, its more about... at the time I believed it was unhealthy and now? My ability to engage in the present moment has never been better, As a former smartphone early adopter, I really feel much better now NOT paying $150.00+ a month in Canada for an overpriced contract. (We pay the highest prices in the world.)

If anyone wants to try it I guarantee you will feel better over time, And your attention span and ability to focus will increase with time!

posted on Dec, 4 2022 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Not having a smartphone invites scrutiny, having one gives you the opportunity to send someone on a wild goose chase.a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

posted on Dec, 5 2022 @ 02:45 PM
link   

a reply to: anonentity

Why would they need to install cameras, tracking devices, and surveillance equipment when most people already voluntarily carry a handy-dandy all-in-one camera, tracking device, and surveillance equipment around with them already?

they might ditch those one day.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join