It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New leads in the Frederick Valentich alien abduction case

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 10:26 AM
link   
New analysis of the Valentich case from Australia -

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: A51Watcher

"You watched us."

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I cannot hear the things he hears, I do not think it sounds like a warning system or "you watched us" even after he applied the filters.

And the added subtitiles have a manipulate effect to the viewer, like this:

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 11:35 AM
link   
May be his plane was stalling as of if something was hovering above him he might have tried to dive to get away. I think the analysist guy was alluding that Valentich was seeing the moon as his graphic of the photo morphed into a moon shape then playing the section where Valentich said it was grey looking. The photo took elsewhere and at another time is a nothing. It doesn't compute that it was the same thing, only if it was in the same frame as Valentich,s plane.

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Am giving it a watch now mate, always respect your research.

Old but revelant post:

Apparently 'Hundreds of sightings of UFOs were reported from Dulong, Frankston and Cape Otway and further along the coast, of which three reports were made up to three hours before Valentich's flight'.

See 4:53

The Valentich case always did remind me of this freaky one and there's another account over the Bass Strait here from 1942.

Managed to find that elusive video and the guy was in fact a commercial pilot (not an Air Official) but he really does make some interesting comments about lots of other UFO incidents in that area.

See 8:45

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I flew small cessnas of this vintage. THEY DO NOT HAVE the voice warnings claimed here, which are reserved for much more expensive commercial airplanes. This entire analysis is based on "interpreting" very unclear static. I believe the author has pulled these out of thin air. They don't exist. Surely something happened to this pilot. I'm not questioning that, but this "analysis" adds nothing new. It's bogus.

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 01:59 PM
link   
my question is... how did the aircraft stay in flight while he was being abducted?

posted on Nov, 25 2022 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

A reply from 1967Sander (also posted in the comments of this video) -

"Just for some clarification and I told this from the start what you see and hear is purely hypothetical and I have NO explanation whatsoever.

I have been doing this together with A51watcher and he has seen and he heard from start to end how the voices came out of the noise.

I cannot explain what happened. All I can tell you is that the words stall, terrain and pull up match the situation.

Frederick Valentich told the air traffic controller This thing is stalling.

In other words he was losing lift and the plane began to fall out of the sky. His falling speed was increasing and he wanted to report one last time and nothing was heard since.

In the garbled audio we then hear the words STALL, TERRAIN and PULL UP and in that EXACT ORDER.

This is also what you will hear as a pilot when you are flying and would get into a similar situation.

First you hear the word STALL when your plane begins to stall.
When you cannot correct the STALL and you push your nose down too much or exceed the descent rate you will hear your next warning TERRAIN TERRAIN.
When you do not respond to the warning and do not pull up the nose of your plane you will hear the final warning: PULL UP.

These three warnings are telling exactly what happened. These are the warnings you will hear with Terrain Avoidance Warning Systems. Period!

I never said that he had a TAWS on board his plane, only that these words are used by TAWS and that I and others can hear these three specific words.
We do not hear anything from the pilot anymore. What happened to him we do not know. So where did these words come from? I cannot not tell you.

The whole situation is unreal. Totally bizarre and absurd and I CANNOT EXPLAIN IT.

If I could explain it then I would have earned the Nobel prize for Physics as I would have solved the problem of time dilation in antigravity.

I also am unable to explain the other words I can hear: You watched us.

That also makes no sense at all. What I do see and hear is that these words are almost without any background noise. Therefore the source must be different.
What source? Again I have no explanation."

Also you have a bad habit of stating opinions as facts. Ever hear of IMO?

In the 70's you could buy Heathkit type collections of PCB's and parts to make your own Terrain Avoidance Warning Systems for a lot cheaper.

You do not know if he had one of these nor do I.

Fact is the words issued by these systems can be heard in the recording. Try EQ'ing it yourself.

edit on 25-11-2022 by A51Watcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2022 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

"You watched us."

I know right? Quite creepy.

Here is another creepy UFO contact by a pilot -

July 23 1947 - Morristown, New Jersey

John H. Janssen stated "While my eyes played over the horizon, I became aware of a shaft of light that seemed like that of a photographer's flash bulb. It came from aloft, very high up. It was above that position over my plane's nose that flier's call 11 O'clock.

At first I thought it was merely the reflected sun bouncing off the sides of an exceedingly high flying aircraft. I gave it no more thought. But then the engine of my own plane began to perform peculiarly. It coughed and sputtered spasmodically.

So I pulled on the carburetor heat and gave it full throttle hoping to thaw any ice that might be accumulating in the carburetor. The engine emitted one final wheezing cough and then quit. Now, the nose of my plane, instead of dropping to a normal glide, remained... rigid... fixed on the horizon, in its normal level flight attitude.

Abruptly, I became aware that my plane was now defying the basic law of gravity. I became frightened and close to panic at so weird a predicament. I saw that the airspeed indicator was at zero! There was now an odd prickling, electric-like sensation coursing through my body.

I had an eerie feeling that I was being watched and examined by something that minutely studied my features, my clothing, and my airplane... I flicked a cold bead of perspiration from my eye. Then I saw it! Above and slightly beyond my left wing tip was a strange wraith-like craft, one of the flying objects!

Its flanged and protecting rim was dotted on either side with steamer-like portholes. It seemed to radiate a dull metallic hue that conveyed an impression of natural strength, and a super-intelligence not of this planet. It was motionless.

Perhaps a quarter of a mile away... beyond, and slightly higher, I could see another object, seemingly fixed in the sky. I assumed that the second strange ship was but waiting for the one nearest me to complete its examination.

Then I had the most unaccountable urge to reach up and snap on the magneto switch. I had turned it off when the engine quit. I switched both magnetos to the on position. Slowly the propeller began to turn... then the engine burst into a steady rhythmic roar. The plane nosed up into a stall, dropped off, picked up airspeed and steadied under control," recalled Mr. Janssen.

"I really believe these craft to be operated by an intelligence far beyond that developed by we earth-bound mortals and am inclined to agree with the theory that they are space craft from another planet...
In all probability these are reconnaissance craft and as they have been seen all over the world and not only in this country, are probably making a thorough study of us and our terrain and atmosphere before making any overtures."

He went on to theorize on possible magnetic and anti­gravity methods of propulsion to explain the acceleration of the objects.

edit on 25-11-2022 by A51Watcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Wow. This case has always been one of my favorites, for the sheer creepiness. That 17 seconds of metallic "scraping" and "squealing" on the recording has always puzzled researchers. This is the first analysis of this type I've seen.

Nice find!

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I don't hear what the narrator claims, either.

The strange noises were thought possibly to have been Fred sliding back his seat. Which his girlfriend had mentioned he had a habit of doing. But it's not definite.

Still, it's a fascinating case because it's never been resolved. Although probably upsetting for the family who have had no closure..

The Accident Investigation Report [166 MB]

It details how he had failed all five Commercial Pilot Licence subjects on two occasions, and sat for three subjects in July 1978. He had failed those too.

~...The available evidence indicates that the pilot, Frederick Valentich was rapidly running out of time. He had told his family, girlfriend and that he only had one subject left to pass to gain his Commercial Pilot licence and he was currently going to instructional classes twice a week to study that subject. His father was assisting him financially to obtain his commercial licence...”

His family and girlfriend were led to believe his flight to King Island was a trip to bring back some crayfish. However he had told the Operator and Moorabbin Briefing Officer that the purpose of his flight was to collect a group of friends from, King Island.

Valentich had placed no orders for crayfish from King Island. Nor had he requested aerodrome lighting at King Island despite knowing the Flight Service Unit there had closed, and he would not be landing until after dusk.

Various angles were looked into. Including drug trafficking. There is no definite conclusion.

The widely believed explanation is that Fred was disorientated and distracted by something he thought was a UFO and lost control of the aircraft, plunging into the sea. A tragic and fatal accident.

However, his cagey behaviour beforehand suggests he had something to hide leading to theories he had intended to vanish or even commit suicide. In 2005 a crazy story surfaced that a suspicious man had been arrested by soldiers near the Russian-Chinese border. He had a capsule in his possession that allegedly contained text confirming that Valentich had been captured by a UFO. Probably a hoax.

But nobody really knows what happened to Fred except maybe Fred himself.

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

How about a simple executed plan to fake his own death for some trouble he might have been in or wasn’t happy with his life and just wanted to get away ….. which would mean it would have to be preplanned with the obscure communications then purposely drop below radar and head for a some location with a makeshift airstrip or straight length of road then camouflaging the plane with whatever he planned to hide it with.

I wonder what the radius maximum distance of a full tank for his type of airplane would get him. Also, if preplanned …. he might have taken extra fuel with him or pre-staged some fuel at a possible old abandoned airstrip still useable by clearing some runway shrubs………so many other possibilities…including having cohort’s to help him.

Jus thoughts

👽
edit on 29-11-2022 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Wow. This case has always been one of my favorites, for the sheer creepiness. That 17 seconds of metallic "scraping" and "squealing" on the recording has always puzzled researchers. This is the first analysis of this type I've seen.

Nice find!

Aliens snatching people out of planes that sounds Bermuda trianglish...
But anything is possible. Maybe swallow up the plane whole. Now I’ve heard of that.

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

Maybe..wiki says this:

It has been proposed that Valentich staged his own disappearance: even taking into account a trip of between 30 and 45 minutes to Cape Otway, the single-engine Cessna 182 still had enough fuel to fly 800 km (500 mi);[5] despite ideal conditions, at no time was the aircraft plotted on radar, casting doubts as to whether it was ever near Cape Otway;[6] and Melbourne police received reports of a light aircraft making a mysterious landing not far from Cape Otway at the same time as Valentich's disappearance.[6]

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: peaceinoutz

Maybe..wiki says this:

It has been proposed that Valentich staged his own disappearance: even taking into account a trip of between 30 and 45 minutes to Cape Otway, the single-engine Cessna 182 still had enough fuel to fly 800 km (500 mi);[5] despite ideal conditions, at no time was the aircraft plotted on radar, casting doubts as to whether it was ever near Cape Otway;[6] and Melbourne police received reports of a light aircraft making a mysterious landing not far from Cape Otway at the same time as Valentich's disappearance.[6]

The possibility of him staging his disappearance has been brought up numerous times before, and it certainly is not without some basis. His behavior before the disappearance was, curious at best. That said, there are problems with this theory. For starters, after over 40 years, no one has yet to find the plane. Given that it's probably one of the most famous aircraft in Australian aviation history, hiding the plane this long would be pretty difficult. There is also the problem of Freddy himself. Given that his face was plastered everywhere in Australia, and around the world, if he had faked his death and started a new life, someone by now would have recognized him. Pretty hard to disappear when you are an international face. And by all accounts, Freddy did not seem like the type of person clever enough to pull off such a ruse.

So while certainly possible, I've not yet found anything solid to point me in that direction.

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I don’t know……I read this from wiki….and think to myself….this chap’s persona projects a bit of an aviation outcast, looser, aviation challenged…..imo. He couldn’t pass his tests …he strayed from flying rules when flying……he was an UFO enthusiast….and apparently known to lie.

Seems to me like a recipe for hoaxing his own death (abduction)… That’s where I’ll lean until otherwise.

Wiki…..”Frederick Valentich (9 June 1958 – disappeared 21 October 1978) had about 150 total hours' flying time and held a class-four instrument rating, which authorised him to fly at night, but only "in visual meteorological conditions". He had twice applied to enlist in the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF), but was rejected because of inadequate educational qualifications. He was a member of the RAAF Air Training Corps, determined to have a career in aviation. Valentich was studying part-time to become a commercial pilot but had a poor achievement record, having twice failed all five commercial licence examination subjects, and as recently as the month before his disappearance had failed three more commercial licence subjects. He had been involved in flying incidents, for example, straying into a controlled zone in Sydney, for which he received a warning, and twice deliberately flying into a cloud, for which prosecution was being considered. According to his father, Guido, Valentich was an ardent believer in UFOs and had been worried about being attacked by them.[1]

The destination of Valentich's final flight was King Island, but his motivation for the flight is unknown. He told flight officials that he was going to King Island to pick up some friends, while he told others that he was going to pick up crayfish. Later investigations found both stated reasons to be untrue.[1] Valentich had also failed to inform King Island Airport of his intention to land there, going against "standard procedure".[1]”…….

There are quite some island hopping airstrip’s in the area…..some even grass and dirt strips. Potential hideaways and perhaps hiding with help, even possible local native help.

If your a flying rules breaker……then flying under the radar in any direction is certainly possible…I would think.

People have hidden for decades…..i.e. Nazi war criminals, only to be found later in their old age, and brought to justice.

It’s also possible, even with some help….to dismantle strip a small plane in short order.

👽
edit on 29-11-2022 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Yes, maybe Fred intended to "disappear" with the UFO story as his cover and lied about his destination. But then really did get into trouble controlling his aircraft. Resulting in a fatal accident and search and rescue looking in the wrong place.

There's a full transcript of the conversation with Air Traffic Control in PDF form archived here (which I've summarized below)

19:06:14

DSJ Melbourne, this is Delta Sierra Juliet. Is there any known traffic below five thousand?

FS Delta Sierra Juliet, no known traffic.

DSJ Delta Sierra Juliet, I am, seems to be a large aircraft below five thousand.

19:06:44

FS Delta Sierra Juliet, What type of aircraft is it?

DSJ Delta Sierra Juliet, I cannot affirm, it is four bright, and it seems to me like landing lights. ....

19:10:19

DSJ Delta Sierra Juliet, Melbourne, it seems like it's stationary. What I'm doing right now is orbiting and the thing is just orbiting on top of me also. It's got a green light and sort of metallic like, it's all shiny on the outside. ...

FS Delta Sierra Juliet, is the aircraft still with you?

DSJ Delta Sierra Juliet; it's...now approaching from the south-west.

19:11:50

DSJ Delta Sierra Juliet, the engine is rough-idling. I've got it set at twenty three twenty-four and the thing is coughing.

FS Delta Sierra Juliet, roger, what are your intentions?

DSJ My intentions are - ah - to go to King Island - ah - Melbourne. That strange aircraft is hovering on top of me again)..pause... It is hovering and it's not an aircraft.

FS Delta Sierra Juliet.

19:12:28

DSJ Delta Sierra Juliet. Melbourne .

(An unexplained metallic sound could then be heard for around 17 seconds.)

Those were the last words of Fred Valentich followed by the odd metallic sounds before all contact was lost.

It's years since I looked into all of this. But unless they find some new evidence, you'll have to make up your own mind what happened to Fred Valentich.

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 01:54 PM
link   
That sound can be the aliens snatching him out of the aircraft into their craft.

Apparently, that’s what some think. I've heard of floating people through walls but never a moving plane. Or was it they swallowed him and the plane whole?

Are there a lot of reports of these kinds of abductions? I haven’t seen many, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t such claims.

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

Yes, maybe Fred intended to "disappear" with the UFO story as his cover and lied about his destination. But then really did get into trouble controlling his aircraft. Resulting in a fatal accident and search and rescue looking in the wrong place.

This crossed my mind as well…..

…..” But then really did get into trouble controlling his aircraft. Resulting in a fatal accident and search and rescue looking in the wrong place.”…..

But for now……I’m going to stick with the “he wanted to get away from it all”……A hoaxed abduction theory.

Or on a lighter note…..

👽
edit on 30-11-2022 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12

Am giving it a watch now mate, always respect your research.

Old but revelant post:

Apparently 'Hundreds of sightings of UFOs were reported from Dulong, Frankston and Cape Otway and further along the coast, of which three reports were made up to three hours before Valentich's flight'.

See 4:53

Thanks as always m8 those videos are a nice addition!

In that first video at 1 minute in the announcer passes along an "explanation" from the Department of Transport Authority after which he he provides an obvious rebuttal.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join