It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you see whats going on?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I realized this the other day.

So now, since really Bush was president, politicians have largely been ONLY about fighting each other while the good of the country goes largely neglected.
The last election was largely about one party beating the other and very little in the way of ideas being presented for the betterment of all of the country.
We are in this Paradyme now. It's not about who can do what's best, it's about who can unseat the "dirtbags" on the other side. And while this is going on, the country sinks further and further into despair.

It will be interesting to see what the next 2 years produces. Will it be something that benefits the American people, or will it be just more of this power struggle we have been witnessing?

Can our politicians work together for the good of the country at ALL anymore? I am sorry to say I suspect the answer is a resounding NO. I hope I am wrong. Am I assigning blame here?
NO, I blame both parties.
No one is extending an olive branch at this point.
If I could relay a message to them all, it would be to focus on the COUNTRY, not your political opponents. But alas, I don't think they will listen to us.
edit on Thu Nov 24 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: made paragraphs

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

I said the same thing the other day …. Except … I believe the Clintons started it , and Pelosi has carried the agenda for the past several years . The Democrats fight dirtier because they are rewarded with money . … meaning , their backers ( Soros ) keep them fat and happy . Plus back door deals are made when they are in power . They have to win or they will be caught ….exposed ….and lose their cash cow deals . I’m sure there’s some Republicans in on it too. However the greed has made the political parties fight dirtier to win , so they can be rewarded , not for the good of the country .
Politics was nit designed to be a career . Our forefathers worked main jobs and also
Held their political seats . Today’s wage for holding a political seat doesn’t pay a tremendous amount . It never has . It wasn’t designed to be a a career . Those that have become career politicians are the most corrupt . They have millions of dollars , private jets , and multiple homes . How ? They aren’t paid enough …… the only answer is through back door deals . Deals that involve China , other foreign countries , kickbacks , pay to play , insider stock knowledge …. Those are their cash cows . Ans if they lose , they lose it too . I fully believe Pelosi is one of the most corrupt ever .

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Short term limits for Congress would end a lot of this. Stop career politicians from being a thing. The longer they are in office the more corrupt they seem to be.

The problem is Congress isn’t going to vote for term limits on themselves.
edit on 24-11-2022 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 07:12 AM
link   

If the politicians fixed our problems they wouldn't have anything to run on at election time.

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 07:14 AM
link   
My husband and I needed assistance last year on a very important issue and because I couldn't get anywhere with it after months of resistance, I decided to try the Congressmen and Senators in our area. After all, they were voted into their positions by us, and are being paid very well, with top of the line benefits for life.
You just would not believe how long it took to even get a reply from our local congressman's office - eventually I managed to get someone working in his office to answer the phone, and he told me to submit our paperwork by fax and email. Which I did, several times.
After weeks of trying to get somewhere with all this, and absolutely no calls from his office, I finally got the office manager on the phone, a very rude woman with a heavy accent, who told me that her office had never received anything from me, neither by fax or email!
Out of disgust I tried another local representative, and was told he was 'out of the area', attending meetings, and would be for quite some time.
In desperation I reached out to our local Senator's office, who actually answered their phone and solved our issue within the hour!
The American woman working for the Senator told me that it was the Senator's job to assist Americans with all concerns, I was just stunned at her efficiency and sense of urgency.
Just my personal experience with those in 'power'.

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Three words:

DIVIDE.

AND.

CONQUER.

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I agree. I think from this point forward our politicians will accomplish nothing and spend their time fighting each other.

They will be aided in their efforts by a corrupted voting system and a far from impartial Supreme Court.

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper

I agree. I think from this point forward our politicians will accomplish nothing and spend their time fighting each other.

They will be aided in their efforts by a corrupted voting system and a far from impartial Supreme Court.

I wish American Citizens would open their eyes and actually look at our systems -
For instance, any senator, congressman, mayor, governor, anyone who is voted into power has a responsibility to We The People. If they refuse to listen to our concerns and issues, and refuse to take action, there should be some type of law put into place to have them removed from office for lack of action.
My experiences with many of them have been eye-opening and pathetic, their complete lack of interest and 'passing the buck' is just unacceptable.

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The eternal sideshow. I think it replaced All My Children and As the World Turns.

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
The eternal sideshow. I think it replaced All My Children and As the World Turns.

Is it getting like 'Dark Shadows'??

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 10:53 AM
link   
All these distractions surrounding the Bidens and Trump are making people miss the bigger picture. The social fabric of America is being eroded by both sides of this power struggle. It's all a dog and pony show, people's perceptions being the chess pieces.

People are waking up from the Kabuki theater and stepping back and seeing the bigger picture and not just the current conveniently released soundbite or lawsuit circulating social media.
edit on 24-11-2022 by Drakeonian83 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 10:54 AM
link   

the parties are just playing a game to distract us, they aren't actually against eachother, the people are just fools being made use of with fake rhetoric and lies, so they say anything they can to rile up our emotions and we get so caught up in a fake conflict that we never notice both parties are the same, just puppets for the elites to drain all the wealth and power out of until we're all slaves to the plutocracy they've propped up through corporations manipulating our government via lobbying and electioneering on both sides..

it started in 1886, a slow methodical creep of court cases that seemed innocuous on their surface but gave corporations and the rich more and more influence and power in government, urban sprawl and gated communities are one of the most visible examples of them influencing American society rather than the people themselves. reagan probably disempowered us the people more than anyone else, because his policies that both sides supported wages now are 30% lower than they were in 1980, you heard right, Americans in 2022 get paid much less than they used to, as a result the middle class lost its power entirely and now the rich dominate politics not the people.

Americans are getting poorer and our reactionary divisive sometimes violent behavior is probably a result of that, social media amplified our discontent in the 2010's especially after campaign finance restrictions were lifted as a result of a supreme court ruling, so now money is free speech and only the elites can speak for themselves while we continue losing our power to influence the direction of our own nations future, all the while thinking nothing is wrong while sucking on the corporate cock, arguing about political ideologies we dont actually believe, while acting against our own interests.

all this is why trump got voted in, people wanted a revolution and an outsider who wasn't a politician was the perfect person for the job but they didn't understand the real reason for their discontent and still dont because they still believe in the myth of America being free and an equal playing field where anyone can get rich and powerful, that we all have an equal voice, even Democrats believe it but they also think democracy can fix any inequality from wealth. but the truth is both sides are wrong and there's only two resolutions facing us in the future, we either get help from rich people that aren't against us or revolution, elections wont save us anymore. and no trump isn't fighting for the people, hes one of the plutocratic elite and always was, a real oligarch if there ever was one in America.

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: namehere

Wow, you put it better than I could ever hope to. Great write up, too bad it will go largely unnoticed.

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Drakeonian83

Wow, you put it better than I could ever hope to. Great write up, too bad it will go largely unnoticed.

puppets dont see the strings and the puppet masters whispers pleasant lies that makes the puppet think they need the master to do anything, that they should always support and defend the master. never understanding they are free and can cut the strings whenever they want, that their discontent is their own making, that they couldve done something but didn't so now the string is like steel, very hard to cut, so now only another master or a blow torch made of revolution can free us.

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Can our politicians work together for the good of the country at ALL anymore? I am sorry to say I suspect the answer is a resounding NO.
Agreed, until the core of corruption can be isolated, and eradicated.

If you look around the world we, the United States, have no patent on corruption. People around the world are awakening to this, how shall I put it, darkness that is slowly unfolding. People are starting to stand up, lash out at it. But we in the United States are slow to react, for not so obvious reasons.

This is a global disclosure and it will require a global solution. I started noticing the world change with the inception of computers/ internet. The "Net" now has virtually ensnared all of us. And the corruption has used it to further its grasp of the minds of man.

Everywhere the net goes, corruption is soon to follow. Like a drug it seeps in to invade a persons reality and substitute false narratives, false religions, further dividing us. It is, taking over.

Term limits? Why do we allow secret society members with secret agendas to rule over us? Why are there no laws that disallow this? Is Christopher Ray a Skull & Bones member? How many Judges are Freemasons? Corruption will always be present when the light is forbidden to shine. The CIA, FBI are nothing more than Government sponsored Secret Societies.
The Judiciary with their sealed indictments and suppressed finding, and hidden court orders are no better.

To be honest, it has always been this way, mankind enslaved by his own ignorance. A secret system of control, and yes, enslavement.

The greatest secret holders are the NSA. What say you? Have you gone dark? Time for you to get up to the plate!

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 12:37 PM
link   
It's all just theater really. The two sides of politics, are just both sides of the same coin.
They just like to make us think they are fighting each other, while in reality they are fighting us (the 99%ers, globally).

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper

Correction. They fight each other publicly. We know they are buddies behind the scenes.

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: RonnieJersey

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

Is it getting like 'Dark Shadows'??

lol. barnabas collins is the only one i remember on that.

or the edge of night?

edit on 03/22/2022 by sarahvital because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 03:08 PM
link   
They’re allowed insider trading under some kind of privilege. Filthy things that they are.

That sort of privilege is why they believe their own hype, look at them all shiny and proud. They don’t even remember that they are servants.

a reply to: Meldionne1

edit on 24-11-2022 by Dalamax because: Eta

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drakeonian83

You can never be too sure who is reading from the sidelines dude.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join