It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some thoughts on pyramids and the Great Flood

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2022 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoeRelentless

originally posted by: Hanslune

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous

The evidence does show indication of it.

What is this evidence that shows an 'indication'?

What evidence was there that showed an indication that technology like the Antikythera device existed...until it was found, I mean?

The surprising technology in the Antikythera mechanism was the use of a gearbox containing hand-made gears of different radii that were in ratios that allowed for the calculation of planetary positions in the sky to be displayed on the face.
Handmade gears were previously known to have been used in calculations, just not such complicated calculations, and the use of ratios of different diameters were utilized in Greek automatic theaters, albeit that was done with ropes around spindles of various radii.
The calculations required were done by hand as early as the Babylonians.

You'd think after being proven wrong (on nearly everything) after new information is inevitably found, $cience would learn to keep its collective fossil holder shut on what is possible.
You'd think.

You'd think that a poster criticizing science would at least know how science is done.
You'd think.

Harte

posted on Dec, 22 2022 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous

The evidence does show indication of it.

What is this evidence that shows an 'indication'?

What evidence was there that showed an indication that technology like the Antikythera device existed...until it was found, I mean?

The surprising technology in the Antikythera mechanism was the use of a gearbox containing hand-made gears of different radii that were in ratios that allowed for the calculation of planetary positions in the sky to be displayed on the face.
Handmade gears were previously known to have been used in calculations, just not such complicated calculations, and the use of ratios of different diameters were utilized in Greek automatic theaters, albeit that was done with ropes around spindles of various radii.
The calculations required were done by hand as early as the Babylonians.

You'd think after being proven wrong (on nearly everything) after new information is inevitably found, $cience would learn to keep its collective fossil holder shut on what is possible.
You'd think.

You'd think that a poster criticizing science would at least know how science is done.
You'd think.

Harte

So technologically humdrum yet somehow surprising...typical nonsense answer.
You'd make an excellent Canadian liberal politician.

I'm not criticizing science.
I'm criticizing the narrow minded toolbags that think science is done by consensus.
Archeology isn't even science.
It's historical philosophy precariously propped up by rudimentary (at best) forensic techniques and
It ignores any input from other fields that contradict the narrative it "feels" tells the best version of the fairytale they want presented.

posted on Dec, 22 2022 @ 06:52 AM
link   
The Great Flood is kind of a misrepresentation of the events that took place...simplistic and rather biblical and mundane.

Personally, and this is based on the literature I've read produced by the various proponents of the YD Impact hypothesis, I suspect that it was a combination of impacts from perseid/leonid debris fields that may have been comprised of much larger meteroids 10-15000 years ago and a direct hit by very powerful CME.

Maybe even triggered by the unusual sun activity.

This would have caused global continent wide forest fires, massive flooding inland from glacier meltwater, huge tsunamis from impacts in the ocean and the absolutely planet rocking earthquakes from the sudden release of weight from the now vaporized Laurentide ice sheet that also likely set off every volcano on earth.
The isostatic rebound would have been intense.
It would have affected the tilt of the earth and may even have caused Antarctica to be tilted further south causing what may have been previously somewhat subarctic regions being plunged into the arctic and could explain why in Northern regions you find flash frozen mammoths.

Throw a blast of intense UV, EM, et al radiation from the CME on top of it...
Think you're having a bad day?
Contemplate that while you're waiting for the hipster turd in front of you at Starbucks to get his half caf dbl machiatto with extra oatmilk foam.

The purpose of the Pyramids themselves?
No idea.
And I guarantee no one else on here has any idea either.
edit on 22-12-2022 by JoeRelentless because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2022 @ 12:53 AM
link   

No idea.

I do- but then I don't think you'd be interested in anything other than your own opinions......

posted on Dec, 23 2022 @ 02:20 AM
link   

No idea.

I do- but then I don't think you'd be interested in anything other than your own opinions......

Yeah, I'd say your full of sh17.
If you can explain the 20 year build timeline to me that doesn't contradict reality, I'd consider your OPINION, because that's all it is.
There is zero credible evidence of how it was built, who built it, or why.
Or when.
But I'm sure it wont stop you from indulging us with some "Orthodoxy" nonsense...

Zero Credibility.
All of you.
edit on 23-12-2022 by JoeRelentless because: Spellchikcer is stipid

posted on Dec, 23 2022 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Here's a challenge for you archeophilosophers.
Make the 20 year timeline for the great pyramid make sense.

The official total from Nova is 2,300, 000 blocks.
www.pbs.org...#:~:text=More%20than%202%2C300%2C000%20limestone%20and,it%20in%20terms%20of%20refrigerators.

Accepted time to build: 20 years.
www.historymuseum.ca...#:~:text=The%20Greek%20historian%20Herodotus%20was,20%2C000%20men%20over%2020%20y ears.

So, my mistake on the earlier math.
My new understanding is
2 300 000 blocks
÷ 20 years
= 115 000 blocks a year.
÷ 365 days
= 315 blocks per day
÷ 24 hours
= 13 blocks an hour
60 minutes ÷ 13 blocks
= 1 block every 4.6 minutes.

That's 1 block, quarried, hauled, finished, and placed every 4 minutes and 36 seconds every day, all day, for 20 straight years.
Keeping in mind the limestone quarry was 10 miles away and the granite came from Aswan 540 miles from Giza (25-80 ton stones moved in reed boats the whole way, lol).
And the granite was cut with copper and stone tools...which is impossible, but hey...I'll give it to you since the entire story is bullsh17 anyway.

Also, I'll disregard the time it took to level and pave the plateau that makes up the foundation of the complex...which should technically be included in the build time.

Seriously, this wouldn't be possible if you were building the damn thing out Styrofoam and the blocks were already cut for you.

Ok?
Deny my ignorance.

Addendum 1:
Extra points if you can explain why if archeology is really "science" , it isn't required to prove your theories with replication?
I understand we are still waiting for someone to cut a granite block with a copper saw or a pounding stone, even though that is the "accepted" method?

Hell, I'd settle for someone cutting a 2 ton limestone rock, finish it, and haul it 10 miles in 4 minutes and 36 seconds using modern equipment.
Incidentally, if you only spent the 36 seconds working on the rock, you'd have to haul it at 150 mph to move it 10 miles in 4 minutes.
That would be truly impressive.

Addendum 2:
A boat to haul 80 tons would be 45 ft long, 15 ft wide, and 6 ft deep, just for reference.
calculator.academy...

Man, am I ignorant.
Please, Deny it...

edit on 23-12-2022 by JoeRelentless because: Because I wasn't done mocking the idea

edit on 23-12-2022 by JoeRelentless because: Because I wasn't done mocking the idea

edit on 23-12-2022 by JoeRelentless because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2022 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CloneFarm1000
The answer is simple.

Thousands of years ago, a space creature conquered mankind's early civilizations and was worshipped as a God.

It forced humans to build pyramids around the world to act as localized doorways so it could instantly travel to Egypt, Mexico, etc.

After many human experiments, some genetic, mankind rebelled against the creature and destroyed these doors in order to trap it in one location. That location being Atlantis.

Before being killed by the Atlanteans, the creature being a sore loser yelled, "That's it! You're all getting wet!" and pulled it's trump card like the Predator.

Earth got flooded and the different civilizations around the world told their own versions of the tale.

Some humans were loyal to the alien after it's demise and created cults which infiltrated their societies years later and rebuilt these temples in an effort to pay homage/resurrect the forgotten space God.

Im going to have to side with your logic, not for how you relay it, but for its accuracy.

In the ancient Sumerian we are told of the ancient gods who came from heaven, Heaven is the place where the head god resides. And the angels went to and fro to. Before the great flood they walked among men here on earth, and we submitted to them. This is also the time of Atlantis, because these gods (Creators in the bible) possessed knowledge, technology we could not comprehend, nor shared with mankind.

Since it has been so long ago mankind forgot all about those ancient gods and their technology, until Plato reminded us. Recently we have discovered the Sumerian records that confirm what Plato shared.

The Anunnaki viewed mankind as a lesser life form only worthy of serving them as sevants, slaves. As such mankind would only be taught the skills required for their service, nothing more. Nor was mankind taught the true nature of "Heaven". But yet in those days there was a religion that was taught, moon worship. It doesn't take a lot of effort to see the truth after that.

Going over all the information available I find that these "aliens" have been very protective of their history and their deep past involvement with our planet. We find the idea of a great global flood to be impossible because we can not justify or relate to the scale of the event. We can not comprehend what it would take to manage such a event. So I ask, is it really impossible, when you do not understand, comprehend the capabilities of these ancient alien gods?? Do you propose to put limits on what they can and cant do, or have done in the past?

In the above relief take note of the crescent moon, its size, and who rides atop of it. Take note of the Pyramid that is prominently displayed. And atop of the Pyramid, take note of the alien "All Seeing Eye". Look familiar?

Before being killed by the Atlanteans, the creature being a sore loser yelled, "That's it! You're all getting wet!" and pulled it's trump card like the Predator.
Yes, it may have very well happened that way.

I have shown in past posts what caused, the mechanization of the flood with evidence to support it. But it was rejected out of hand because as stated above, mankind is just not ready. The trump card. It has another more common name. This trump card has been taken out of its original context, timeline, and put into another to again confound and confuse mankind, and so far for the masses, it has worked. For there are still moon worshipers who protect the true history of their ancient gods...
edit on PMFridayFriday rdAmerica/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago37121 by All Seeing Eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2022 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Also, I'll disregard the time it took to level and pave the plateau that makes up the foundation of the complex...which should technically be included in the build time.

An excellent point. Do include it , as the longer it took to level the plateau , and and create its epic interlocking foundations around the base , the less time they had to lay the millions of blocks in the timeframe specified!
Could have taken a year or more to prep the groundworks, lay in all those huge slabs around the perimeter, before they were even ready to start with the actual pyramid structure.
Then you’ve got to lay those blocks even quicker !
Oh no.. more calculations… (!)
What if it was two years to level and prepare?

I spent a lot of frequent flying to and from Dubai when the Burj Khalifa ( worlds tallest building ) was begun.
You should have seen the groundwork’s for that thing.

Was like watching the Death Star being built.
I watched it from being a hole in the ground (like you’ve never seen) to completion .
Was fascinating each time I returned it was a little taller until it was done .
A sight to behold if you ever get to stand under it and gaze up.
Did make me think of the Pyramids at the time , too.
a reply to: JoeRelentless

posted on Dec, 23 2022 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Deleted nonsense by a troll.

So tell us how long it took for them to build the pyramid since you don't like the current theories?

posted on Dec, 23 2022 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluesfreak

I spent a lot of frequent flying to and from Dubai when the Burj Khalifa ( worlds tallest building ) was begun.

Yeah I watched it being built I could see it from my back yard.

We don't know how much of the 'yard' work and clearing was done whether before during or after. However such teams could have worked at the same time in some cases. The cut behind G2 is good indication of how work had to be done.

posted on Dec, 23 2022 @ 08:25 PM
link   

So tell us how long it took for them to build the pyramid since you don't like the current theories?

No you don't.

I'm not the one making the outrageous claims.
I provided the math for the outrageous claim that you back.

SHOW THE CLASS WHERE MY CALCULATIONS ARE WRONG.

You don't get to weasel out because you know your theory is stupid and isn't supported by anything other than the braggadocia of a pharaoh that likely had little involvement outside of minor repairs.

ANSWER THE QUESTION...or get lost.

Besides, I've said earlier how long I think it took.

Calling me a troll because I've pointed out the illogical absurdity of your position is exactly what I expected from the zero credibility crew.

posted on Dec, 23 2022 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluesfreak

Yeah I watched it being built I could see it from my back yard.

We don't know how much of the 'yard' work and clearing was done whether before during or after. However such teams could have worked at the same time in some cases. The cut behind G2 is good indication of how work had to be done.

Doesn't matter if they were working simultaneously or not.
Leveling the acerage required, WITH FRIGGING HANDTOOLS, would have taken 20 years on its own.
Keep digging that hole, fool.
The math is there for everyone to see.
Refute it point by point, or shut up.

You won't of course...
Because if you can't, then your entire premise is provably false and throws every other ridiculous Egyptological assertion in serious doubt.

edit on 23-12-2022 by JoeRelentless because: Spellchikcer is stipid

posted on Dec, 23 2022 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

I believe there was a great flood. It seemed to have been reported from several different areas on Earth at that time. I think it was a type of reset, and we lost a massive amount of advanced technology and knowledge.

If we take the Bible literally, some of those people lived to be 1000 years old, now if true, that is a massive amount of medical knowledge that just went “poof.”

I think they may have gone at things in different ways then we tend to be moving in our innovation today, but I still think what they had, and what we lost was almost magical, and truly remarkable.

posted on Dec, 23 2022 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: StarsInDust
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

I believe there was a great flood. It seemed to have been reported from several different areas on Earth at that time. I think it was a type of reset, and we lost a massive amount of advanced technology and knowledge.

If we take the Bible literally, some of those people lived to be 1000 years old, now if true, that is a massive amount of medical knowledge that just went “poof.”

I think they may have gone at things in different ways then we tend to be moving in our innovation today, but I still think what they had, and what we lost was almost magical, and truly remarkable.

Why would you take a book that has been plagiarized, poorly translated, edited, and rewritten several times as literal?

posted on Dec, 23 2022 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Also factor in how many people they would have required to build it, quarry the stones, transport all of it, then feed the city sustain normal life as the pyramid is getting built. 20 years would be a joke especially we can't even cut a stone a precise as some of the boxes they have show, with hand tools? We could only achieve that with a computerised stone cutter and measuring devices, not copper and rock hand tools!

posted on Dec, 23 2022 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I'll throw you a bone on this to make you feel better about yourself.
I'll give an extremely generous estimate of:
1 hour to cut a block.
15 minutes to finish it.
30 minutes to drag it from the quarry.
15 minutes to place it.
That's 2 hours per block.
Still very improbable, but more realistic than the accepted theory.
2 300 000 blocks × 2 hours
= 4 600 000 hours
÷ 24
= 191 666.666 days
÷ 365
= 525 years

525 YEARS!

And that number is still 24 hours a day every day for the full 525 years.

So that means either:
1. Magic
2. High technology
3. Wildly inaccurate estimates of the amount of blocks actually used.
or
4. A generational construction that may have been built over centuries, possible millennia.

It's clear for everyone to see that the "accepted" theory on the pyramid is BUNK.

Instead of being a whiny a-hole, why don't you try explaining how this is possible?

If I'm wrong, show me where.
I'll even up the ante and apologize for questioning your credibility if you can point by point refute my calculations.

Or you can just call me a troll and continue
being the waterboy for intellectually dishonest Charlatans.

posted on Dec, 23 2022 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: myss427
Also factor in how many people they would have required to build it, quarry the stones, transport all of it, then feed the city sustain normal life as the pyramid is getting built. 20 years would be a joke especially we can't even cut a stone a precise as some of the boxes they have show, with hand tools? We could only achieve that with a computerised stone cutter and measuring devices, not copper and rock hand tools!

The first claim was 100000 men.
Then they changed it 20000.
They could say 10 million and it still wouldn't be possible.
Even with our technology, it would take at least 600 years.

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Further on logistics...
Did they actually work day and night?
Or just during the day?
Any idea what feeding that many workers for 20 years straight would look like?
Storage for supplies, an unbroken 24 hour resupply chain....day and night for 20 years.

Not to mention, waste.
If you've ever been to a large music festival you know what the toilet situation is like.
Now instead of a couple thousand people for the wknd, times those people by 10 and conduct it over 20 years.

You see, the deeper you dig into this 20 year accepted timeline, the less it makes sense.
That's because it's proponents didn't and don't put any thought into it.
They just repeat what the last dinglenut repeated to them from a long line of other dinglenuts.

Polly want a cracker?
"Awk, 20 years to build the pyramid, awk!"

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 04:23 AM
link   

1 hour to cut a block.

I believe that’s way too generous ! Even in limestone with a copper two man saw ?
I reckon it could take up to 8 hours or more to extract a two tonne rough block like that.
Except we see in the quarry just how square they were cut in situ, from the very square grid found in the quarry .
They were spending TIME in the quarry making sure those things were square enough FIRST.

Also we’re not really given an explanation or method y Egyptology as to how the underside of the block was cut , when the entire weight of the block would start to rest down onto the saw blade. a reply to: JoeRelentless

posted on Dec, 24 2022 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Did they actually work day and night? Or just during the day? Any idea what feeding that many workers for 20 years straight would look like? Storage for supplies, an unbroken 24 hour resupply chain....day and night for 20 years. Not to mention, waste. If you've ever been to a large music festival you know what the toilet situation is like. Now instead of a couple thousand people for the wknd, times those people by 10 and conduct it over 20 years.

Excellent points again . a reply to: JoeRelentless

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join