It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another easy bread recipe. No knead bread!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2022 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I use this one all the time, it's super easy and doesn't require any kneading! This uses a cast iron pan, but I suspect you could use any sort of deep baking dish with a lid. Personally, I love using my cast iron dutch oven w/lid. Whatever stew pot ya got! This is one of those recipes you get going the night before, let it proof overnight, then toss it in the oven in the morning.

Mama's no-knead bread

3 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp yeast
1 & 1/2 cups room temp water.

Mix dry ingredients together, then mix in the water until it forms a wet shaggy dough. Cover with a tea towel and set it aside overnight. My favorite place is to just set it inside the cold oven overnight, it seems to proof better that way. In the morning take it out of the cold oven and set it aside on the counter. Preheat oven to 450F with your cast iron pan & lid inside the oven. Do this for about 30 minutes so the pan is screaming hot. When the pan is ready take it out of the oven and grab the dough. Sprinkle the dough with a bit of flour, pull it out of the bowl and roughly shape it into a roundish loaf of bread. Put it in the very hot pan, put the lid on and stick it back in the oven. Let it cook for 30 minutes with the lid on, then take the lid off and go for another 10-15 minutes until it's golden brown.

posted on Nov, 22 2022 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MaMaa

Thank you, we will try it out this weekend

posted on Nov, 22 2022 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Woah! Youve been here a long time! Question?

If you dont "need" bread? Why go to all that trouble? A lotta work if you dont need it in the 1st place!!!

Sorry! I had to! Happy Thanksgiving to you n yours......thnx for recipe 2!

posted on Nov, 22 2022 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

LOL Yeah yeah.. Happy Thanksgiving to you as well! PS, this bread is really good with fresh crawfish dip! I'll have to post that recipe too here soon. Technically it doesn't have a recipe, I make things up as I go along so I'll need to sit down and think about how I usually make the dip and write up a recipe for it.

posted on Nov, 22 2022 @ 09:02 PM
link   
What size pan?

posted on Nov, 22 2022 @ 09:06 PM
link   

This uses a cast iron pan

Everything tastes better from a cast iron pan .
Trying this , this weekend .

posted on Nov, 22 2022 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I'll have to try this, it is a simple recipe. What diameter cast iron pan do you use? Do you have to oil the pan before heating it to keep the bread from sticking to the coating on it" I have my pans well seasoned but the covered crust breads do get stuck to it when I make oven meat pies in it.

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Thnx! I gotta really weird recipe for Cranberry Pickle pie!

Stay well!

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 05:51 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

join