It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Auditors in Iraq Uncover Staggering 2.5 Billion Dollar Tax Fraud

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 03:54 PM
link   

The scheme came to light last month when an internal audit by the Finance Ministry alleged that the General Commission for Taxes β€” Iraq’s Internal Revenue Service β€” had fraudulently paid some 3.7 trillion Iraqi dinars, or around $2.5 billion, to five companies. The payments were made through 247 checks cashed between Sept. 9, 2021 and Aug. 11 of this year, from a branch at the state-run Rafidain Bank located within the tax commission.

The account held billions of dollars in deposits made by companies that were supposed to be returned to them once taxes had been deducted and the companies had presented updated financial statements. The five companies are alleged to have fraudulently drawn refunds without depositing anything.

apnews.com...

Nice to know absolute power corrupts absolutely, and across all religions, too. Nope, the Muslims aren't any more immune to it than Christians are. Scammers are scammers, crooks are crooks, and this world is full of them everywhere.

Now I am tempted to suggest US involvement in some way or the other here, as we had a lot to do with the installment of that government there. But, I can't prove it so...

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

They probably learned how to do it from the US. I'm finding that our country is very corrupt at the top.

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican
Got some "business lessons" from old USA sounds like. Looks like they just finished the undergrad program while the USA is on its doctorate in corruption and money laundering schemes.. World bank anyone?

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 04:13 PM
link   
only 2.5bn?

9/11
2.3 trillion missing

I suppose at the top humans are all the same?

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

You mean- Lizard people?

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 04:33 PM
link   
2.5 bil?

that's not even
real money.

ukraine is getting real money

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 04:57 PM
link   
They need 87000 more collection agents πŸ˜€

posted on Nov, 22 2022 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
They need 87000 more collection agents πŸ˜€

If the Iraqi Liberals take over, they'll have the collection agents and they'll blame it on this exact story. Maybe the US Liberals will teach them some techniques to "win" their elections.

They'll help the homosexual community there too. Proliferate gayness eventually.
edit on CST03Tue, 22 Nov 2022 03:18:35 -060000000011b2022 by Thrumbo because: (no reason given)

top topics

join