It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kremlin Urges Global Response Over Shelling of Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Plant

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

it was only a matter of time before rockets/missiles or artillery started falling past Ukrainian boarders

the night that the missiles landed in Poland Ukraine intercepted over 70 cruise missiles and a handful of drones.

and they do that all day every day, shooting things out of the sky,

i was in the military and yes our weapons are good and all that but even the best of them malfunction, sometimes spectacularly so

so for the 1000's of rockets and missiles being launched as well as 10,000's of shells going both ways as bad as it is for a 100% innocent couple die tending to their farm but considering the numbers and Russia using less and less sophisticated weapons we will see more of these malfunctions.

hopefully with US and UK anti air systems coming online it will drastically reduce the number of missiles that get to their targets.

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 05:14 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: puzzled2

Tell that crap to those that lived through it.

Words fail me.

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 05:26 PM
link   

What crap?

you fire a shell into the air, it hits nothing what happens to it? There was no remote detonation button on it.

Perhaps you could tell the differences in a British explosion and a German one. Perhaps you could ask your younger family members if they remember seeing the origin of the large lump of metal that blew the house away.

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I can ask my family members that lived thru WW2 in London.

Pretty sure they would tell young twats that weren't there that they were German bombs, mines, V1s and V2's.

What a crock .

You should be ashamed of yourself.

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I did.

Their reply prevents me from repeating it on here due to t&C's.

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 05:45 PM
link   

What a load of revisionist bollocks.

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: IAMTAT

"Bombed"? Implies was deliberate.

Seems most sane folk accept it was a malfunctioning SAM.

Like Poland and NATO.

But not you?

And you keep glossing over the hardcore fact that Zelenskyy and his military commanders told the world that missile was absolutely not theirs.

You ignore their big lie and gleefully go on defending and believing a Ukrainian government that you caught lying to you to your face.

Since you speak of what sane folk believe...consistently believing in those who keep lying to you, sounds like a pretty damn good definition for insanity.

edit on 0PMNovCSTPMCST by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Tell that crap to those that lived through it.

Words fail me.

What about Zelensky lying to the families who lived through their missiles, even if it was only 2 people that died?

That's OK?

Words have never failed you, lmao...

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

The Fear Chernobyl Part Deux in the Ukraine , and for God Reason . I Hope Cooler Heads Prevail .

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerorecon
a reply to: Mantiss2021

yeah of course but the raw materials(the radio isotopes) are almost impossible to get and where do you think weapons grade Plutonium and Uranium comes from? rods in certain types of reactors.

Russia already knows how to make them, but if they have Ukrainian made Uranium as the core in a bomb it would like like a Ukranian made nuke was set off where as a Russian nuke with Russian created Uranium or Plutonium would be super obvious.

The "radio isotopes " (more specifically, plutonium) you are referring to come from Fast Breeder Reactors , which Ukraine does not have.

But Russia does.

So it would be patently unbelievable for Russia to claim that a nuclear warhead was "Ukrainian-built".

On the other hand, IF Ukraine were to have been able to secret way and old Soviet nuke from days past, and maintain it, undetected, all these decades....

Now you're talking pot-boiler novel material!

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 06:52 PM
link   

a reply to: IAMTAT

We've done this to death.

Why keep banging on about it?

Sorry that inconvenient truths seem to annoy you so.
We can't all bury our heads in our asses...regardless of how easy you make it look.

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

i wouldnt worry to much about that

the reactors are likely shut down.

the Russians would have to actively pull out the control rods and let the reactors blow if that can even happen with all the computer fail safes.

it would have to be a manufactured 'accident' if a reactor melts down, there is just been to much time for that not to be put in place and to ready the reactors for emergency shut down.

the cooling pools with all the rods 'cooling off' is the real danger.

you could create a meltdown of sorts if they drained all the water and just stacked all the rods to create a runway reaction.

or like i said just blow them up and than NO ONE will be able to go there for ALOOOONG time

super simple just extract a few of these rods and put explosives all over them and blow them on the roof of the building.

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 07:19 PM
link   

The recent damage was to the roof of a building that houses fresh rods (unused fuel ready to be used), not a reactor building.

The last few incidents at the plant were in the power distribution areas, also not near the reactor buildings.

Though this is from satellite images since russia STILL refuses to give IAEA access, so nobody can be certain about anything there yet.

Also, very happy to see that both sides here suddenly agree 100% with Zelensky first 'ridiculous and absurd' negotiating position (though the russia supporters appear to be completely unaware, which is hilarious, but still a good first step).

1. Radiation and nuclear safety

Russia must immediately withdraw all its militants from the territory of the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant. The station must be immediately transferred to the control of the International Atomic Energy Agency and Ukrainian personnel. The normal connection of the station to the power grid must be restored immediately so that nothing threatens the stability of the reactors.

The same goes for the crazy threats of nuclear weapons that Russian officials resort to. There are and cannot be any excuses for nuclear blackmail

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: nerorecon

Not quite.

Even with all the control rods lowered and the reactor in shut down, the reactor will still go into meltdown if its cooling water supply is disrupted. The same goes for the spent fuel rod storage pools.

That is why it is critical that the fighting near the power plant does not damage the plant's power supply

Blowing up a few spent fuel rods would create an inconvenience, the scale of which would be determined by the size and number of fuel rod pieces dispersed by the explosion.

Nothing a trained decontamination team wouldn't be able to handle.

Ukrainian reactors neither use, nor produce plutonium, which would be a true threat if aresolized as a dust and spread by an explosion.

But Russia would have to supply its own Pu.

edit on 21-11-2022 by Mantiss2021 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ShowTheEvidence

Though this is from satellite images since russia STILL refuses to give IAEA access

This statement right here is why I refuse to take anything russia says at face value, if they really gave a snip they would bring in folks to verify so there is no question, the fact they dont implies some ugly things.

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 08:06 PM
link   

This is very true, and I have no way of knowing. I would bet there are a handful of intel agencies in the west which would know...and I would expect they would want to serve their interests and their boss's interests by making russia look like the bad guy. So it would stand to reason if this was the case it would have already been pointed out on the daily propaganda pieces...
edit on 21-11-2022 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 08:11 PM
link   

all reactors have plutonium in varying amounts, its impossible for it not to be there in a heavy neutron environment

that being said breeder reactors are what you want for real weapons grade Uranium and Plutonium.

the other elements can act as fission 'poisons', where they absorb the neutrons and create a new element usually with a short half-life

any mess can be cleaned up but who is going to go do it knowing what happened to the guys at Chernobyl? and who is going to pay for it and where are you going to put all the contaminated dirt(that you have to scrape off the first 6 inches of) from a large area.

likely they would just leave it and let it decay and get the big parts they can pick up.

if the cool pools empty and assuming they aren't above capacity there would be no criticality incidents, even if they all melted they are melting into a flat large surface, other than radiation there and the contamination from likely cladding fires on the rods.

as long as Russia or Ukraine doesnt start DIRECTLY shelling the rooftop of the cooling pools or dropping bunker busters into the reactor i think well be good,

there is no way the US/UK/NATO/IAEA would allow something like that to happen.

if Russia destroys the reactor systems and safety systems in place it would sadly be the start of WWIII, Europe would become contaminated to unacceptable amounts and if i were the NATO countries down wind if that happens might see it as a direct attack, than Article 5 is a likely outcome and the gloves would likely come off.

i am assuming they have the rods on site, i think that is a safe assumption unless they have been shipping them off to be processed

I'm more worried about some missile commander with a few nukes under his control get the wrong message or whatever and launches.

impossible you say?

a Russian Sub XO stopped WWIII because he refused to get his launch key to the captain, the captain was sure it was already WWIII and when the sub sent up a radio float up they say the message was not what the captain thought it was.

that day one man saved the world and another almost destroyed it.

the man we all owe our lives to name is

Vasily Aleksandrovich Arkhipov

the only reason to mess with that reactor is as a terror weapon and if used as a weapon it would be one of mass destruction that generations of our children would have to deal with.

Russia is getting backed into corner and why not just nuke Kiev at this point?

if they wont even use a nuke they aren't going to be causing a world endangering key stone cops plan of blowing up a reactor.

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 11:40 PM
link   

a reply to: MykeNukem

Russian propaganda is just off the scale.

A "special operation"?

Not a war, if say is, gulag for you?

Come on.

"Operation Iraqi Freedom"

"Operation enduring freedom"

Sound familiar?

There was no war in Iraq or Afghanistan they were just "operations" we were "freeing iraq" and bringing "enduring freedom" to Afghanistan with our special military operations.

Not a war, not a war, just an Operation

posted on Nov, 22 2022 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants
a reply to: Gothmog

Most of what?

You forgot what you posted ?
Speak to a doctor on memory health .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join