It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good news from Science once again!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2022 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Check this groovy idea. This is the basis of my sci-fi novel.

Imagine taking mycelium and applying it towards computing. The wet ware that I had mentioned earlier.

The film, Ex Machina, does a good job in explaining it.
youtu.be...

You hook it up to the internet and as it learns, it grows fruit bodies (the part of the mushroom you can eat).

You then use the matured mushroom spores to grow even more mycelium brains and the process repeats itself BUT every subsequent generation retains all the information of the previous brain as the starting point when you activate it, allowing for exponential growth and learning.

Now imagine a person consuming the fruit bodies of these cyborg mushroom brains, causing the consumer to experience the knowledge held within or even allowing a sort of mind link to the internet.

Have enough people eating these mushrooms and it could achieve transhumanism and singularity.
edit on 22-11-2022 by CloneFarm1000 because: I call it the psilocyborg.

edit on 22-11-2022 by CloneFarm1000 because: The real 2012

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: CloneFarm1000

That sounds like the Borg!

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!!

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: CloneFarm1000

That would fit well into the latest trekkies episode with its spore drive...

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 11:37 AM
link   
The earth isn't ending in 10 years now? Who knew!!!

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12
a reply to: Justoneman

Well said and a pox on 'chequebook science'.

When it comes to fungi there are some truly incredible properties being discussed in this interview with Paul Stamets.

I have been taking Stamets grown mushrooms for years. His interviews on Joe Rogan are epic and really worth viewing as well as his books on mushrooms. He is ahead of his time and the world would certainly be a better place if he was the head of he WHO.

posted on Nov, 25 2022 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

What would Feynman and George Carlin say to this article about tire bits found on polar glaciers? Answer: withot micro-plastics floating around, we wouldn't have Brolar bears!

www.arctictoday.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
The CO2 depletion has hurt forests greatly. The trees would grow more each year if the CO2 content in the atmosphere was at the average instead of well below the average.
Please clarify. What CO2 depletion?
What is the C02 content in the atmosphere and what was the average C02 content, what time scales are you talking about?

In this graph of the past 800,000 years, the CO2 content of the atmosphere looks well above the average for the last 800,000 years, so you would have to go further back than 800,000 years to say it's below average and if you do that, how far back do you go and how did you calculate the average?

A Graphical History of Atmospheric CO2 Levels Over Time

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Actually, CO2 levels have risen over the past 60 years. Fossil fuels are the primary reason. Plenty of CO2 in the atmosphere for photosynthesis. Plants will not be starving to death any time soon. That includes your mushrooms which utilize CO2 - and do NOT remediate radiation (just thought I would remind you).

posted on Dec, 23 2022 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

There are a bunch of fake enviro-whacko's who pretend something is important. We must not give them a pass. I want Science considered one day again as being respectable for those of us who make a living as a "Scientist". Professional courtesy for us is to defend the actual data science, and not liars with bad data.

Yeah, very sad state of affairs in the science world, most especially tge medical fields and high technological foelds where governments basically own physicists like slaves they may execute at any given time. Many scientists are quitting and down-playing their abilities to avoid such entrapment, leaving to freer countries and safer waters. This leaves an opening that cant be filled with equal talent so standards must be lowered and the decline continues at an evermore rapid pace. On the other side of this changing time is an AI run public world where high level scientists run skeleton crews. Automation will fill that void and soon youll see McDoctor drive thrus where robots perform life saving surgeries and self droving trucks drop off organ donations. Seeing a real scientist will be a rarity that just might cost you your life in this brave new world of ultra steep clas division.

posted on Dec, 23 2022 @ 05:34 PM
link   
This would be a case of the scientists offering "perfect healthcare service of the utmost highest precision and quality with bargain basement prices" but, "No me.😇"

You could argue that wait what if someone hacked your McSurgeons and sabotaged the McOrgan deliveries? Well, the mountaintop scientists are perfect angels now and make absolutely no mostakes and commit no crimes at all. So, who do you blame down there in McStreetland? Yourselves. The scientists aint cops so your on your own, better weed out the saboteurs amongst you before they ruin your perfect healthcare for everyone. Thats the future I see. I dont qualify for a mountaintop mansion escape and I sure as hell would never lie on the McSurgeon table so I guess Im 100% #ed both ways up down inside out.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join