It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Fast Food only be for the Rich?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Will Fast Food only be for the Rich?

You'll know it when you start seeing the Bentleys double parked near the doors 😀

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I had a bowl, with a side of chips and an Izzy soda.
$19 BUCkS! For one person, for mostly beans and rice when you think about it.

Yikes!! Here in the NM high desert Rockies, plenty of food trucks everywhere, always mom and pop ops. Beans and rice with a flour or corn tortilla..$3.oo for more than a grown man can eat.
On Location, free catered meals and a well stocked craft table at all times, no charge...

www.studiobinder.com...

edit on 20-11-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind
You watch an old movie from the 1940s. There's a guy in front of every hotel. There's an elevator operator. There's a guy with a newstand. There's a stand with cigarettes and cigars, sometimes with a woman or man running it. There were actual gas stations with guys that would come out, fill your tank and check the oil. That's what they were hired to do. These people worked at these occupations and that was their job.

Every single one of those jobs earned the minimum wage.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 07:00 PM
link   

My wife and I used to go out to lunch everyday. It was good to get out, clear my head, and a bit like a date. Starting three weeks ago, we take our lunch and eat in the board room. Our lunches are better thought out and healthier. Including the cost for our lunches, we are saving about $200 a week. That a nice car payment or enough to pay for a really good vacation.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Part of this is the crackpots in charge of the WEF and global population cull plans.

BUT A much bigger part is not actually the war in the Ukraine though every idiot wants to blame that (We grew much of our own grain until just a couple of decades ago and then started growing cash crops like rape seed oil over here in the UK and with that the taste of our bread went downhill as much of that foreign Canadian and Ukrainian wheat is bland or perhaps even stale by the time it is used to make bread), rather it is down to Saudi Arabia and there petty tyrant in charge whom wants to rake in as much money in as short a time as possible to build his sideways tower of babel the linear city that is going to be both one of the most extravagant vanity projects ever made and possibly an utter disaster environmentally and in many other way's.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 07:10 PM
link   
In other words, there is no reason not to keep frequenting the little indy restaurants with the $10 to $12 lunch specials. That's what I'm hearing.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Every single one of those jobs earned the minimum wage.

You are absolutely right. AND.... they were able to raise their family with a minimum wage job. You can't say that about minimum wage jobs today, can you?

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 08:08 PM
link   
To further what I was agreeing with schuyler about: When my dad married my mom in 1959, Dad said he was making $58.50 a week. They both said they couldn't spend all that money fast enough, they felt rich. Think about that - those wages added up to only a little over $200 a month, but they had money to burn. The only reason we would have money to burn these days is because it's practically worthless, compared to what a dollar could buy back then. The dynamics of wages and money have totally changed since then. You can't deny it. (Well, I guess a person could if they just liked to argue and hear themselves talk.)

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 08:26 PM
link   
"Will Fast Food Only Be For The Rich?"

The question we should be asking ourselves is "Will real food only be for the rich?"

TCB

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Well. . . . . . if SOME people hadn't have pushed leftist policies, then we wouldn't be having this issue.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Groceries are just as expensive. Pretty soon you'll have to make your own everything from scratch to save money.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 09:41 PM
link   
everything is going up and up in price but yet everywhere i go people are spending money. where is everyone getting all this money? you would think inflation would be hurting most families and everyone would be at home scrimping and saving . BUt it seems to be the opposite. Stores are always crowded. Went to Costco yesterday. That place is a mad house. So crowded and everyone spending $500 a pop. Crazy. i do not get it

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: HODOSKE

And that right there is why there was no red wave. People aren't feeling the economy even as they are griping about it. They know it's bad, but it's not quite hurting them enough to vote it yet.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: HODOSKE

everything is going up and up in price but yet everywhere i go people are spending money. where is everyone getting all this money?

I think a couple of things.
A lot of people are in debt, lots of stories of people living off of credit cards.

Some people saved a lot during covid due to not having to commute etc.

Some people are independently wealthy.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 10:31 PM
link   

This was a sh!tts and giggles thread, amirite Jag?

I love it!!!

LET THE ELITES EAT FAST FOOD!

maybe there is hope for the rest of humanity…..

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Groceries are just as expensive. Pretty soon you'll have to make your own everything from scratch to save money.

What a conundrum. what’s wrong with that? Spend your time learning new ways to make life happen (cook from scratch) Or spend it on TikTok?

Seems like nature is taking its course. Whether we like it, or not.

I like nature!!!

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 10:41 PM
link   

As a single guy, it would be hard for me to make a single meal that would beat the prices of eating out right now for a comparable end product a lot of the time.

If you are honest about all the ingredients that go into a single meal it’s going to be pretty close. Obviously people who are good at managing a well stocked pantry and fridge can do well if they know how to shop. But most average people can’t even save enough to justify the effort.

Families and people who prep large amounts and are mindful about planning ahead can save a good amount, but for many Americans we can feel the same pain as restaurants.

That being said it sucks all around.

I’m in my midish thirties and when I was 18 I could find ground beef on sale for 99¢, standard buns were a buck, bougie buns were 2, produce was a dollar or two for the lot, and the rest were just in the fridge.

It’s quadruple for most of that now. And that’s in 1.5 decades. Factor in the other larger variables of cost of living and it stings even more.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I do not like paying a lot of money for highly processed junk food. I can make a great dinner for the wife and I for nineteen bucks which will have enough leftovers for lunch and supper the next day. And it is nutritious.

A good whitefish dinner for the two of us with homemade frenchfries and cole slaw and coffee runs about five bucks each. That includes a half pound of whitefish each with lots of fries and a big bowl of coleslaw and as much coffee as we desire.

I buy whole whitefish and filet it, so the whitefish comes out to about seven dollars a pound for the filets.

I should boil the bones to make good fish broth, but I am so pooped out after fileting and vacuum packing five whitefish after shopping in multiple stores that day we go to the fish house that I don't have the urge to start boiling fish bones to make the broth. Plus, the wife does not actually like fish soups. I make kalla Mojakka about once a month but it already has lots of flavor.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I cook a lot and know how to make very nutritious meals. If I am out all day, I’m not bringing a lunch bag while I shop or run errands. I also live in a rural area so it’s not like I can just hop home 5 mins away. That is why I enjoy getting a little Chipotle or Qdoba while I’m out.

I just think $20 for a meal for one person for fast food is crazy!
Can I go in a mom and pop and pay something similar or just a tad more, sure if I have two hours to burn.
Most times that isn’t happening.

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: HODOSKE
everything is going up and up in price but yet everywhere i go people are spending money. where is everyone getting all this money? you would think inflation would be hurting most families and everyone would be at home scrimping and saving . BUt it seems to be the opposite. Stores are always crowded. Went to Costco yesterday. That place is a mad house. So crowded and everyone spending $500 a pop. Crazy. i do not get it

That is how it is in North TX.
All FF places are packed. All restaurants are packed. All grocery stores are packed. All retail stores are packed. All year long.
The economy does not seem to be effecting anyone in these parts. *shrug*

Maybe credit cards?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join