It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thinking of going to Qatar for FIFA games or as a tourist read this first

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: godsovein

What's your point?

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 05:02 PM
link   

That looks like catch.

is that what the NFL means? Not Football league.

Jesting, Many forms of Football around the world
- Rugby football and Association Football ( soccer) were the early forms of the games.

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

I think its absurd too. But I have to have my fun while I go about saying so.

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Good for you.

Now, just do one?

posted on Nov, 22 2022 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: The2Billies
I ran across this article while browsing the internet and found it informative and interesting. Thought I'd pass it along.

Seems if you plan to go to Qatar as a tourist or for the FIFA world games you better be aware:

It is ILLEGAL to:
Touch anyone (even your spouse) in any way that could be considered PDA, hold hands, pat on the back, quick hug in public
Bring in any pork product
Bring in any non-Islamic religious item
Take of your shirt in public, even males
Be a homosexual
To be drunk in public
Write a bad review of anything in the country on the internet
Show your shoulders or knees in public
Everyone while engaging in water activities/swimming must have their shoulders, chest, thigh areas covered to the knees or below the knees
(penalties can be corporal-beating)

You will not be allowed in the country and the vast majority of restaurants/hotels:
without up to date proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID
without filling out a form online in advance of arrival aside from normal VISA requirements
Bring in medications for HIV or Hepatitis, you will be deported

If a female is raped she can be tried for adultery

If you go as a "worker" know that employers frequently confiscate passports and hold them

These are the things that stuck out to me. Thought I'd better pass it along in case anyone is considering a visit or going as a "temporary" worker.

Qatar says hospitality will be wonderful, the country sparkling clean, and the outdoors are air-conditioned. They hope that FIFA games will encourage tourism and more people to come to their country as they want to make it a tourist destination.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Your point?

Simple little FYI for our members

posted on Nov, 22 2022 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Been to that country not impressed, though I do think a large segment of our college age people should go to the middle east so they can get an idea of what oppression looks like.

I agree.

Every woke person should make a trip to Quatar to see what totalitarianism looks like too.
They should also go to get an accurate picture of a nation who practices Islam the way Muslims say it must be practiced.

posted on Nov, 22 2022 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I have lived or spent time in like 75 countries. There is a lot you can not do in most other countries that we take for granted in America.

posted on Nov, 22 2022 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I have lived or spent time in like 75 countries. There is a lot you can not do in most other countries that we take for granted in America.

I too have lived abroad for a total of 9 years in various countries. In one country you could/would be shot of on the street after midnight. One MUST know the customs before going to a foreign country. A liberal in the US can not throw the kind of hissy fits they routinely throw in the US if they think someone is politically incorrect or hurts their feelings.

posted on Nov, 22 2022 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I too have lived abroad for a total of 9 years in various countries. In one country you could/would be shot of on the street after midnight. One MUST know the customs before going to a foreign country. A liberal in the US can not throw the kind of hissy fits they routinely throw in the US if they think someone is politically incorrect or hurts their feelings.

If you disagree then don't go...lol Its that simple.

posted on Nov, 22 2022 @ 05:06 PM
link   

If you disagree then don't go...lol Its that simple.

posted on Nov, 22 2022 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Travelled all over Europe, including Eastern Europe.
Lots of places in the world I'd still love to visit; the US, Russia, China and Japan to name a few.
But I've never felt the urge to visit any Arab country or pretty much any other Islamic nation.
People can read into that what they want, their choice.

Pretty straight forward really isn't it.

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: Xtrozero

Travelled all over Europe, including Eastern Europe.
Lots of places in the world I'd still love to visit; the US, Russia, China and Japan to name a few.
But I've never felt the urge to visit any Arab country or pretty much any other Islamic nation.
People can read into that what they want, their choice.

Pretty straight forward really isn't it.

Spent 50 years military child/spouse. Only one place our entire military family (lots of military officers) agreed they'd never take children to if a family member was stationed there. Islamic nation, even boys, most especially boys who would be influenced by Islamic treatment of women.

posted on Nov, 23 2022 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: godsovein
Does Qatar even have a soccer team? What use will they have with all those stadiums afterwards?

They do, its just a very, very traditional type of team..They will use the stadiums for massacres, beheadings, stonings and other such occasions. Once armageddon gets underway that is.

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Does Qatar even have a soccer team? What use will they have with all those stadiums afterwards?

Apparently they do but even visiting fans have been banned from playing football during the world cup with security officials and police quickly breaking up and kickabouts.

Now Qatar World Cup officials ban...FOOTBALL!

In slightly good news - Qatar are finally offering refunds and new accomodation to fans due to the mountain of footage showing the £200 a night accomation is half built, there's diggers and 1000s of workers still on site.

There's only a handful of toilets every km for the 1,000,000 fans - they were banned from using them for the first few days and face three hour cues to use them.

Somehow Qatar claim they spent £200Bn which is more than the last 21 World Cups combined - Russia were the most expensive hosts and spent £13bn, did an amazing job despite being notorious for corruption,

There's at least £170Bn gone missing in this World Cup - it's one of, if not the, biggest frauds ever.

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Public hangings/beheadings

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join