It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thinking of going to Qatar for FIFA games or as a tourist read this first

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I ran across this article while browsing the internet and found it informative and interesting. Thought I'd pass it along.

Seems if you plan to go to Qatar as a tourist or for the FIFA world games you better be aware:

It is ILLEGAL to:
Touch anyone (even your spouse) in any way that could be considered PDA, hold hands, pat on the back, quick hug in public
Bring in any pork product
Bring in any non-Islamic religious item
Take of your shirt in public, even males
Be a homosexual
To be drunk in public
Write a bad review of anything in the country on the internet
Show your shoulders or knees in public
Everyone while engaging in water activities/swimming must have their shoulders, chest, thigh areas covered to the knees or below the knees
(penalties can be corporal-beating)

You will not be allowed in the country and the vast majority of restaurants/hotels:
without up to date proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID
without filling out a form online in advance of arrival aside from normal VISA requirements
Bring in medications for HIV or Hepatitis, you will be deported

If a female is raped she can be tried for adultery

If you go as a "worker" know that employers frequently confiscate passports and hold them

These are the things that stuck out to me. Thought I'd better pass it along in case anyone is considering a visit or going as a "temporary" worker.

Qatar says hospitality will be wonderful, the country sparkling clean, and the outdoors are air-conditioned. They hope that FIFA games will encourage tourism and more people to come to their country as they want to make it a tourist destination.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 11/20/22 by The2Billies because: spelling fixed

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

Thinking of going to Quatar for FIFA games or as a tourist read this first

Spelling Qatar wrong on a Conspiracy Site is also regarded as a bad review.

You will be deported after 40 lashes and 5 Years in Prison.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Interesting post The2Billies. Thank you.

What a lot of excellent reasons to not go anywhere near the place, ever, for any reason.

Here we are in the 21st century and the world is still full of this sort of BS.

There is no hope...

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 09:34 AM
link   
And your reward after navigating this labyrinth successfully is a soccer game? Lol nah I’m good.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 09:50 AM
link   
F THEM!

Revealed: 6,500 migrant workers have died in Qatar since World Cup awarded

Guardian analysis indicates shocking figure over the past decade likely to be an underestimate

More than 6,500 migrant workers from India, Pakistan, Nepal, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka have died in Qatar since it won the right to host the World Cup 10 years ago, the Guardian can reveal.

The findings, compiled from government sources, mean an average of 12 migrant workers from these five south Asian nations have died each week since the night in December 2010 when the streets of Doha were filled with ecstatic crowds celebrating Qatar’s victory.

Data from India, Bangladesh, Nepal and Sri Lanka revealed there were 5,927 deaths of migrant workers in the period 2011–2020. Separately, data from Pakistan’s embassy in Qatar reported a further 824 deaths of Pakistani workers, between 2010 and 2020.

The total death toll is significantly higher, as these figures do not include deaths from a number of countries which send large numbers of workers to Qatar, including the Philippines and Kenya. Deaths that occurred in the final months of 2020 are also not included.
www.theguardian.com...

But hey at least it is worth it in the end, right?

EXCLUSIVE: 'This is not the way to treat visitors to any country': World Cup fans' anger at 'rip off' £185-a-night metal container rooms in Qatar that have 'no air' and are the 'size of a shoebox' with glorious views of... rubble and rubbish
edit on 20-11-2022 by godsovein because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 09:54 AM
link   
NFW would I go to Gutter for ANYTHING!

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies

the outdoors are air-conditioned.

How the hell did they manage that feat?

Money I guess...

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I can deal with all of those....just night the flight/lodging I can't afford.

But if any of you want to give me an early Christmas gift.....

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I wouldn't be to worried I'm sure the liberal Media and Hollywood will put out some Public Announcements to condemn Qatar and encourage the people to cancel the games.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie2018

I beat myself soundly 40 lashes with a wet spaghetti noodle
and put myself in time out for 5 minutes

Thanks for the info, fixed.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ByteChanger

the outdoors are air-conditioned.

How the hell did they manage that feat?

Money I guess...

They said electricity is cheap there. They have tons of oil. So they blast frigid air onto public sidewalks, outdoor eating areas, and around stores. They are oil rich and don't care about the environment.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Nah FIFA prez did a speech about he "feels gay" and "feelz like a migrant worker", trashed Europe for "3000 years" of bastardness, liberal virtue signalling, and now all is well for FIFA Inc.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

I wouldn't be to worried I'm sure the liberal Media and Hollywood will put out some Public Announcements to condemn Qatar and encourage the people to cancel the games.

Are you kidding. Liberal leftists adore admire and wholeheartedly support anything related to Islam. They would never, ever say anything bad about a strict Islamist country.

Do you hear anything from activists about homosexuality being illegal? Do you hear anything about how they treat their servants? Do you hear a drop about how they treat women and the legal status of women? Heck no, never. Liberal leftists adore Islam and every restriction it places on people. Ever see an activist try to buy a gay cake at an Islamic bakery? Never. Ever see a liberal activist try to have a gay wedding at an Islamic center, heck no. Ever see a liberal feminist activist condemn the treatment of Islamic women? Nope. This proves that the liberal left has become enamored of and adores Islamic moral code for others, not themselves but for others they see it as terrific.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Are you kidding. Liberal leftists adore admire and wholeheartedly support anything related to Islam. They would never, ever say anything bad about a strict Islamist country.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 10:32 AM
link   

It's all over our media here in the UK.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie2018

I beat myself soundly 40 lashes with a wet spaghetti noodle
and put myself in time out for 5 minutes

Thanks for the info, fixed.

Sorry for being a Grammar Nazi but as the Beatles put it...

With every mistake
We must surely be learning
Still my Qatar gently weeps

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Let's not forget being pregnant out of wedlock is also a crime. And if you are stationed at an "undisclosed location in SW Asia" the SOFA does not protect you.

When "deployed" there, had a gal have an ectopic pregnancy. No gyn docs on base. Too emergent to AE out. Had to go downtown. They were going to arrest her. SWIM had to lie to Qatari authorities to say she was married.

Their healthcare system over there reports that kind of thing like we report suspected child abuse here in the states.

The World Cup never should have been awarded to Qatar. Wonder how many billions in bribes were paid to get it there.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Some more stuff here:

BBC News - World Cup finals: Why is Qatar 2022 controversial?
www.bbc.co.uk...

I'm only going to watch the England games.

Over here there seems to be much less interest this time round.

I don't personally know anyone who doesn't think bribes were involved.

Qatar as a choice for this is just ridiculous.
edit on 20-11-2022 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-11-2022 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: davegazi2

"Qatar was accused of paying Fifa officials £3m ($3.7m) in bribes to secure their backing, but was cleared after a two-year investigation."

Cleared, eh?

Yeah, right.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Does Qatar even have a soccer team? What use will they have with all those stadiums afterwards?
edit on 20-11-2022 by godsovein because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join