It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LBGTQ bar shooting.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 04:08 AM
link   

[u rl=]LBGT[/url]

edit on 03/22/2022 by sarahvital because: (no reason given)

colorado springs.

5 dead,
18 injured.

just news alert on tv.
suspect in custody.

gay club shooting
not much detail yet.

another presser in about 3 hrs.

big response from fire and police.

people be crazy.

like the 4 university of idaho students murdered the other nite,
in their house.

edit on Sun Nov 20 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: broke dead link

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Here's a link to a local news site here in Colorado Springs. If you're so inclined, you can probably watch the update that's due to take place about four hours from when I'm posting this.

www.kktv.com...

It's a horrible tragedy.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 05:52 AM
link   
People are snapping, even in this country. I think it won't be long before something is added to the drinking water, even in the States also.

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 06:23 AM
link   
When mass shootings like this occur it's usually a good thing to step away from social media for 72 hours or so, as not to jump to conclusions and get caught up in the same old sh*tstorm.

The same arguments. The usual vapid "our thoughts and prayers" comments that amount to nothing.

It doesn't matter if we have a debate about guns because no matter what your stance is, taking away guns is going to result in even more dead when the agents show up to people's houses.

After 20+ years you become numb to it all and just learn to accept it and move on.

It's like having someone getting bit in a zombie movie. After it happens so many times all you can say is, "sorry, that sucks" and keep going.

Adjust to tragedy how you will and don't take your days for granted.

Best of luck everyone.
edit on 20-11-2022 by CloneFarm1000 because: None

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

edit on 20-11-2022 by Islandparty because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Local reports are stating the shooter was injured but arrested. He was apparently subdued by club staff and/or patrons. We will likely hear of a motive in coming days, or weeks at most. Not that it will make much sense at all.

This is the second mass shooting I can recall in Colorado Springs since I moved here in the early 1990s.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: CloneFarm1000

Wow. You think and said --

The usual vapid "our thoughts and prayers" comments that amount to nothing.

And then go on to think and say --

After 20+ years you become numb to it all and just learn to accept it and move on.

Because becoming "numb to it all" and learning to "accept it and move on" is exactly the opposite? Just for kicks and giggles, let's see how Oxford defines "vapid"...

offering nothing that is stimulating or challenging.

Funny thing about this is that no one, especially not the victims or their families will benefit in any way from your vapid apathy.

But many will be comforted and strengthened and fortified by the well wishes, positive energy, and prayers of others.

And while none of us know the full strength and measure of just how much prayers' and good thoughts help, we know damn well that doing nothing helps nothing.

For all you know, those "vapid" prayers and good thoughts have prevented far more and far worse bloodshed and death and tragedy than what has happened.

Good luck, God bless, and prayers up to the victims and their loved ones 🙏

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Adjust to tragedy how you will and don't take your days for granted.

Great advice, especially when one really has no control over tragic situations like these.
edit on 20-11-2022 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 08:37 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Having a debate about guns does jack too.

What you need to do is discover why society is suddenly creating monsters that will do this. The guns have always been there; the shootings have not. Taking away guns (impossible even if every legal owner complied without a blood bath) just attempts to cover up greater societal sickness, not address it directly.

It's like saying, "My kid throws violent temper tantrums and hits his classmates with toys. Clearly, the toys are the problem. If we take them away, he can't hit his classmates with them. Problem solved."

But because you leftists hate, hate, hate guns and the idea the idea many, many people in this country own them safely and sanely and it prevents your ideals of Utopia, you use any excuse to angle for it, even the actions of the monsters your own Utopia is creating.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
But because you leftists hate, hate, hate guns and the idea the idea many, many people in this country own them safely and sanely and it prevents your ideals of Utopia, you use any excuse to angle for it, even the actions of the monsters your own Utopia is creating.

Hi. Lefty gun owner here. I think you're mad at the wrong people, given this was likely an act committed by a religious righty.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

Hi. Lefty gun owner here. I think you're mad at the wrong people, given this was likely an act committed by a religious righty.

My understanding is that we don't know who did it just yet, but hold on to that thought. I'm sure someday, someone will comply and you can unleash your hatred in the way you want.

The last time we had one of these it was a religious shooting, just a Muslim one.

I will guess we're looking at a young male who felt alienated from society and got radicalized online and may or may not hold any solidly recognizable ideology, but something more like a mishmash of ideals. Then all of us will pick at it and try to throw bits and pieces at each other. That seems to be the most common shooter lately.

Instead of asking why our society's young males get isolated and lash out like this, we try to blame politics and all the groups we hate. You are no different.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Do you know that for certain? Or maybe you're just trying to direct the narrative?

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

THERE IT IS.. Took all a few hours to show how quickly
the partisan hacks point it was the rights fault!!

How sick are you??

THE PULSE NIGHT CLUB in orlando the LAST MASS LGBTQ CLUB shooting
was committed by a muslim terrorist. FAR FROM what i call religious in any sense and
far from what ever you might want to be calling 'RIGHT' here..

plz grow up thank you

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 09:14 AM
link   
it was striking me as another

mass casualty event.

the cop runners, this, the students.

i'm not searching for this stuff,
just seems odd for some reason,

this time.

so it's just news, not political, medical or paranormal, so far no conspiracy involved.

almost boring in ats terms.

sorry about the title, i missed the Q but the shooting was in club Q! ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.spooky.

eta,
i guess i didn't miss the Q. interesting.
must be one of them interdimensional meta maga multiverse mendala things.

so many M's.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 09:25 AM
link   

The last time we had one of these it was a religious shooting, just a Muslim one.

Same God, same source of hatred, different book.

That guy was far from a devout Muslim though, and it wasn't a religious killing. He was a regular at the club. Closeted gay alcoholic. Do you know how Muslims feel about those things?

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

From this article from Columbia University Irving Medical Center, I am understanding that these tragic mass killings have complicated explanations as to the why and the ability to effect actions to curb this type of violence, such as reducing firearm availability, will always fail with your country's existing gun laws remaining unchanged. I have noticed some social media platforms don't name the perpetrator or sensationalize the killer, so as to not spur on copycats.

What tends to be the motivations behind mass shootings?

First, understand that mental illness as the primary cause of any mass murder, especially mass shooting, is uncommon.

Half of all mass shootings are associated with no red flags—no diagnosed mental illness, no substance use, no history of criminality, nothing. They’re generally committed by middle-aged men who are responding to a severe and acute stressor, so they're not planned, which makes them very difficult to prevent. So, we must look much further upstream.

This is why it is important to consider ways to manage gun availability, for example.

The yearly prevalence of the incidence of mass murder was stable at about 7 per billion people, or seven mass shootings for every billion people, between 1900 and about 1970. Then between about 1970 and 2019, the incidence increased by four times, so now mass shootings occur about 28 times per billion people around the world.

One might say that this is because of the availability of guns in general, and automatic weapons, in particular, especially in the U.S. where these weapons became more available to the general population during this time period. Mass murder committed with means other than firearms also grew, but at a slightly slower rate.

The other thing that one must consider is that most mass shootings are committed with non-automatic weapons, making them the weapons of choice, and supporting the notion that gun availability is a primary contributor to method of mass murder.
------

You have said that the media’s publishing personal details about the perpetrators encourages violent behavior and is harmful. Please explain.

If we’re talking about the mass shooters that we hear the most about, such as school shooters and other individuals who commit such public crimes, we have examined a number of these cases and are seeing a pattern. As opposed to most mass shooters, these perpetrators tend to be younger males who are often nihilistic, empty, angry, feel rejected by society, blame society for their rejection, and harbor a strong desire for notoriety. They want to make their mark on the world that will elevate them to the status they believe they are entitled to and deserve.

Sensationalized headlines, photographs, and breaking personal information about the shooters, victims, and acts themselves provide the notoriety perpetrators of mass shootings crave and can spark others to carry out similar acts. Refraining from publishing any personal information about mass shooters may be one of the easiest, quickest, and most effective interventions for decreasing mass shootings, especially school and other public shootings, which comprise about 10% of all mass shootings.

www.columbiapsychiatry.org...

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

" In a statement posted to their Facebook page, Club Q said they were "devastated by the senseless attack on our community" that their thoughts and prayers are with the victims, their families, and friends."

"We thank the quick reactions of heroic customers that subdued the gunman and ended this hate attack," the club added. "

Hmm... How was this Determined Already to be a " Hate Attack " ?

Someone Controlling the Narrative Before All the Facts are in ? Sound Familiar ? I Smell F.B.I. Involvement somewhere in this Story .

www.foxnews.com...
edit on 20-11-2022 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
Hmm... How was this Determined Already to be a " Hate Attack " ?

Think about this for just a second. The club posted this to their page. Maybe they know something we dont?

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 09:48 AM
link   
That didn't take long.

I don't know why they just don't make murder illegal.

Oh wait.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join