It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Judge Tells Ron Desantis To Sit Down And Stfu

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: RonnieJersey

This is how leftists groom the young.

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

Kids hear things, but it's one thing to hear it from little Johnny sitting behind them and another to hear it from Mrs. Jones their teacher who has authority over them and they are told knows better. Little Johnny is a peer whom they may or may not give any real credence to, but Mrs. Jones is supposed to know better, and the classroom/parent accord is that parents are supposed to support the teacher.

Now we as parents have to start telling our sons and daughters that they can't always take what Mrs. Jones says to heart which weakens the classroom setting, and it's because Mrs. Jones, for example, could be teaching my son a lesson plan teaching him that he should feel bad for being white in appearance (mind you, my son is mixed race) because he can't help but be oppressive to everyone around him just because of that no matter what he does.

My son has enough problems without internalizing leftist white guilt because Mrs. Jones teaches him he should.
edit on 19-11-2022 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-11-2022 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 10:33 PM
link   
nah.

w0kism is destr0ying the republik.

c0mmunism should be banned.
s0cializm should be banned.

wanna know why?
because if ladygaga or lebraon james told people to v0te for a queen of america, mini0ns would do it, and set up a r0yalty here.

yes freeedom of speech.
but gotta outlaw enemies of the state.

and, f0kk b-l-m. f0kk commmees. f0kk gl0balizts.

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: peaceinoutz

Yeah, I flat out don't give a # about this crap.

Does this woke bull# clean my house? Cook? Bake my breads? Maintain my snowy-ass yard in the winter? Keep it pruned in the summer so Karens don't bitch? Do my errands? Does it stock the shelves in the stores? Keep the warehouses in their wares? Till the agricultural fields and harvest the results?

If you answered 'No' to any of those, congratulations!! You just discovered what is known not as a 'skill', but an 'opinion'. CRT does not teach useful skills that are pertinent to seeking, obtaining, and retaining employment. CRT is at best an opt-in, after-school activist club. Preferably, I'd lump all it & activism clubs with religious clubs, i.e available OFF-SITE & AFTER-HOURS. This is not work-ready skills, people. Seriously. No need for this to usurp something genuinely life-skills useful like Home Ec or Shop. Get rid of the CRT #, bring those back. Maybe we'll have less hapless dumb#s roaming around.

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Jesus how are you still triggered by trump.

Why is state sanctioned racism ok but blocking state sanctioned racism not?

things like the 1619 project are fan fic not historical fact, telling people they are oppressors is judging them by the color of their skin, pretty sure thats racism.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 02:01 PM
link   

edit on 20-11-2022 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

Of course they dont actually care about free speech just as they dont actually care about book banning. The authoritarianism is hidden behind "just think about the kids".

Books with gay sexual content or any sexual content should not be in the hands of elementary school kids UNLESS approved by their parents, not by drag queens or psychotic Leftist teachers.
Nobody is banning them completely, so just stop with the utter nonsense.

Tell yourself whatever you need to tell yourself to justify book banning. Your type always does. "Just think about the kids!".

just like nancy says,
it's for the children.

aoc cries for the children.

kids want puppies and ice cream,
not over the hill drag queens putting on shows.

edit on 03/22/2022 by sarahvital because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 01:16 PM
link   

First, I'd like to point out that you're referencing Vanity Fair.

Second, this entire article loses whatever miniscule amount of credibility it might have had, by using the patently false claim of a "Don't Say Gay" bill.

This article, I'm guessing penned by a "liberal white woman" then goes on to claim that the "Stop Woke Bill" or whatever the correct name is, bans the discussion of race in school. And without fail, it is quick to criticize because this would prevent the discussion of "The role white people have played in the long history of systemic racism in America."

The bill simply seeks to stop the targeted racism against white students. Liberal "teachers" want to label every white person guilty of "white privilege " and "systemic racism". Yet they are always incapable of pointing out exactly what it is that is "systemically racist" in America. Confront them on it and they will drag up issues from Long ago that have been changed. Press them on it and they will simply call you a racist colonizer who single handedly destroyed every single Native American tribe and Captaining every slave ship that sailed the Atlantic.

Nice attempt... But as expected.. a fail.

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 02:46 PM
link   

First, this is only for colleges. The act is actually called the Individual Freedom Act. It actually expands your rights and protections.

anti-discrimination laws to prohibit schools and companies from leveling guilt or blame to students and employees based on race or sex, takes aim at lessons over issues like “white privilege” by creating new protections for students and workers, including that a person should not be instructed to “feel guilt, anguish, or any other form of psychological distress” due to their race, color, sex or national origin.

It is taking opinion out and replacing it again with facts.

From the state....

“If, for example, a professor instructs students that in some period in history, individuals’ status as either privileged or oppressed was necessarily determined by race, that instruction does not violate the Act,” attorneys for the state wrote. “The professor has merely described historical factual circumstances, not personally endorsed the view that an individual’s status today is necessarily determined by race.”

The Act actually allows ANYONE to sue if they feel they are being violated, persecuted or harassed.

Everyone is protected. As it should be.

posted on Nov, 22 2022 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Pretty sure this will be overturned.

Why? Because this was about schools, and what teachers can say or teach.

First Amendment is not applicable there, because they're already teaching government approved curriculum. This is just another guideline to keep kids learning what they should be learning and not what an individual teacher decides they should learn

posted on Nov, 28 2022 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Crap like the "Don't say gay" bill are going to become an albatross around his neck if he plans on running for president. And he is likely to continue to pass legislation attacking gays and other marginalized groups. He can't help himself. While this might score him cool points in Florida and amongst his base, it's going to come back to bite him come general election time.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join