It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good and evil is a perfect perpetual yoyo that can't ever stop yoyoing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Good and Evil

You can't have one without the other. They both are the perfect marriage and the worst marriage in one. Like a yoyo that must go up AND down. History airways did the same and will always do the same.

Here is my basic thesis on why;

Good folks generally keep to themselves, generally don't take more than their fair share, generally don't create a scheme to take from others or benefit more than another to make themselves higher than your "neighbor", generally give to another in need even if they must sacrifice to do so, generally welcome others no matter their class or income or color of skin or hair or shoes or beliefs.

Evil folks generally..... do the opposite of above.

You get it.

Good happens till evil pushes. manipulates , imprisones, kills, or even controls until it's forced into a corner to do bad things get the good back. Then it's good again, for a time.

Bad happens till good pushes. manipulates , imprisones, kills, or even controls until it's forced into a corner to do good things get the bad back. Then it's badd again, for a time.

Like the 7 deadly sins, there are also 7 living blessings.

While they don't mix, they are both necessary and it seems it is by design.

It is too perfectly imperfect or vice versa.

For example, why did God even create the"tree" of knowledge of good and evil?

Then there's that and so much more.

So we're going back to one side only to go back to the other eventually like a ship rocking.

I think it was meant to be and created to be so.

Good must sometimes to bad to get it back

Bad must sometimes do good to it back

Yeah Man! I must start making sure I eat the right mushrooms.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 09:49 PM
link   
The idea of "good and evil" is nothing more then a human emotion. What you might find to be "good" i might find to be "evil" and vise versa. It boils down to perception.

Is a lion evil when it slays a pack of cubs in a act of self perseverance for the future?

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: tacoman101
The idea of "good and evil" is nothing more then a human emotion. What you might find to be "good" i might find to be "evil" and vise versa. It boils down to perception.

Is a lion evil when it slays a pack of cubs in a act of self perseverance for the future?

That is categorically false. A lion doesn't have the intellect to know about good and evil and relies on pure animal instinct for survival. And good and evil are seperate concepts from emotion unless "Acts" are followed by personal choice. Rage can make someone desire to kill an offender, but unless they follow through with the act, then rage alone is not evil.

People have the personal power to CHOOSE their actions carefully, a lion does not.

Some know far more about "good and evil" than others through experience and other ways of discovery. Some don't care to even differentiate between the two. Have you met any of our politicians?

It's true that perception is a key thing, but if you find an evil thing to be good then that person is really lying to themselves that it is good rather than evil, when it is truly evil, or they really don't care.

Many people in this world tell themselves that good and evil are just figments of the human mind or constructs of the human mind so they can feel unaccountable to both, but that is just a lie.
edit on 18-11-2022 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: edit

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 10:47 PM
link   

The terms "good" and "evil" are direct branches from "morality" .
"Moral standards" , for the most part , are the exact same anywhere in the world .
And the lion example is a very poor rationalization for trying to justify evil deeds .

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Delusional Thinking there . ORDER From CHAOS MUST Always Win or Everything Ceases to Exist .

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: godservant
Everything is in constant vibration. What you call yoyo is actually part of a sine wave function.

Do you see the yoyo?

Example: Generations behavior works like this. For example someone having very strict parents and disliking that, may raise their children way less strict. That generation then will see some benefits in having a more strict parenting for their own children.

Over swaying and under swaying the meridian, but never reaching it. Because the meridian is relative to the observing generation.

The moral concept good and bad is not much different. Imagine aliens seeing us humans destroying the planet. From the animals viewpoint, if they had the capacity to know, it would be a good/constructive thing to get rid of the humans. From our viewpoint, it would be bad/evil to exterminate us all.

From our viewpoint, the meridian is closer to negative. For the animals it's closer to positive.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 11:47 PM
link   

That is categorically false. A lion doesn't have the intellect to know about good and evil and relies on pure animal instinct for survival..

Then why do they snuggle? Is cuddling and bond reinforcement instinct? What, because they don't speak English?

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 01:07 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Very cool post, but I couldn't help but notice that you have over 7 million stars from only 1,023 posts.

How is that possible? By my calculations, If you had 1,000 stars on 1,000 posts each, it'd only equal 1 million stars, far short of your 7 million.
edit on CST02Sat, 19 Nov 2022 02:55:01 -060000000011b2022 by Thrumbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 02:56 AM
link   

I prefer to see it as positive/negative thing than good/evil. Perception is the key, it's all a scale and interpreted by the individual.

When someone is being 'evil' it's nearly always down to defence mechanisms and learnt behaviour, internalised anger and rage develops into depression which I do find to be a rather negative experience for all. So I do wonder what's apparently evil in that context and I find that a lack of expression is inherently bad. Yet isn't negativity restrictive?

When I think along these lines I often realise we've got an overly developed sense of right and wrong and since the majority of us lack the ability to perceive via another our judgements often do nothing but inspire negativity.

Just because we have words and the ability to reason doesn't mean we're above basal instincts, we're animals too.

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

destroy it
and take it's place otherwise you would unset the balance and destroy good too.

In the end its just polar opposites and the value we attribute are based in our moral understanding of society...

Some morals are evil

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

You are aware of the actual Form of that phenomenon?
We aren't living in 2D are we now?
When you translate any wave into 3D, you end up with a helix and most of the philosophical wave mumbo jumo doesn't apply...
They never cross any meridian, they never meet. There us no up and down positive or negative, It's all 2D perspective. In 3D there is only forward, backward and round and round, just ever-changing revolutions after revolutions...

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

When you translate any wave into 3D, you end up with a helix and most of the philosophical wave mumbo jumo doesn't apply...

I strong disagree with that, it's your mumbo jumbo based on a lack of understanding. Please provide evidence and not only copy a helix from google. Go to wolfram|alpha computational intelligence and come back with a 3D sinewave plot that looks like a helix.

I know where your misconception is coming from but I want you to realize your mistake since you have such a strong opinion about it.

You should have no problem delivering, right?

www.wolframalpha.com...
edit on 19.11.2022 by TDDAgain because: typo

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thrumbo

Very cool post, but I couldn't help but notice that you have over 7 million stars from only 1,023 posts.

How is that possible? By my calculations, If you had 1,000 stars on 1,000 posts each, it'd only equal 1 million stars, far short of your 7 million.

I've never looked at that and honestly don't know what that even means.

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Thrumbo

It's an error, somewhere in Boards & Question I stumbled over it. ATS did not always have star system and it's something about the users from that time being integrated into the new matrix, a glitch happened.

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 09:24 AM
link   

You know about the diffrent views in drawing? top view, front view etc. It's a technique to describe 3D forms on paper.

Take a helix and look at it from diffrent views. You'll get a sine, cosine for two views, and you'll get a circle from another, unless you add perspective you'll get a spiral.

Im a technical designer and have played plenty with these forms on my 3D software and there is no doubt in my mind that waves in 3D reality are helixes.

Why we would base philosophy on a 2D model that is only representing 1/3 of the truth I can only guess...

ETA, I dug up some renderings I did back in the days,but seem incapable of uploading anything... You got that workaround link handy?

edit on 19-11-2022 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Duality/Irony, can’t enjoy the sun without some rain, an joy wouldn’t be so good if it wasn’t for pain, while there no victory without lose.

Every villains a hero in their own story, but the best ones are the ones that make sense.

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

You know about the diffrent views in drawing? top view, front view etc. It's a technique to describe 3D forms on paper.

Yes, that's kindergarten. I use Fusion360 to design engine parts.

Why we would base philosophy on a 2D model that is only representing 1/3 of the truth I can only guess...

You take my statement, which is correctly applied to my example, and link it to the fact that sinusoidal waveforms can also look like a helix.

But just because that's the case, it doesn't mean that my example needs a 3rd dimension. It also doesn't mean that I embezzled the 3rd dimension. It's just not needed for this example. And just because I only used two dimensions, does not mean the concept is wrong. That's assumption on your side. Don't make it complicated if you don't have to.

That's just "mumbo jumbo", again prove it. Sinusoidal waveform does that, I lost that in translation but you were saying ANY wave. And that's not true.

Again, bring an example, this is my last post to not derail the thread.

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: didntasktobeborned

That is categorically false. A lion doesn't have the intellect to know about good and evil and relies on pure animal instinct for survival..

Then why do they snuggle? Is cuddling and bond reinforcement instinct? What, because they don't speak English?

Yes actually, it IS instinct. Lions and a cutsie little lion family instinctively know who their family pals are and what enemies are.

They cuddle with their pals instinctively, and kill their food/enemies instinctively.

Are you smarter than a lion?

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 10:27 AM
link   

it doesn´t underline your statement either, quite the opposite.
Taking a simplification of an already simple form to describe a complex matter like societal change and on top applying the choosen geometry wronly, sounds like a lot of familiuar talking points, but not actual observations.

if you have 3D and are proficient, try and play around with helixes. revolutions per distance give you the wavelenght, diameter will give you amplitude.

see what happens to those perfect sine waves when you add a little precession...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join