It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Musings on British Israelitism

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Solvedit

Calm down and learn how to use the quote function.

I may also add shouting at people in silly large bold type don't help reinforce any argument you are attempting to make.

It's your own reading and comprehension skills that appear to be in question now.

Again im not quite sure what it is you are trying to say aside from to be a proponent of Anglo-Israelism.

Have a nice day.

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 06:32 AM
link   

It makes no difference. Judaism is a ethno-religious faith not a race. Genetics are irrelevant in this context of ancestry over thousands of years. Especially when supposed descendants are all idol worshipers of the Roman/Pagan Vatican corporation.
edit on 2022-11-19T06:33:14-06:00202211bam3011am1430 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shakeAgain im not quite sure what it is you are trying to say aside from to be a proponent of Anglo-Israelism.
Try reading the OP.

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Been there, seen that, and now got the hat and balloon ta very much.

Other peoples homework aside.

What is it you are attempting to convey aside from your support of the theory of Anglo-Israelism?

This short video is quite interesting pertaining to the subject you are attempting to punt and adds some food for thought.

Just an opinion piece all the same.
edit on 19-11-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: combatmasterCulture is relevant. Aside from the red lion device mentioned in the OP, where are there signs of biblical culture in ancient Britain? They could have cribbed the device from the land they bought from the Babylonians.

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: SolveditWhat is it you are attempting to convey aside from your support of the theory of Anglo-Israelism?

It is not my theory. If you had read the OP you would realize I reposted a post from an old thread from 2007 by poster Gregarious.

The thread was in a forum on religion. I thought it would make a great historical discussion.

I am not a supporter of the theory.

I had rather thought that Persians had bought the land the Babylonians captured from the Israelites. They might have cribbed the red lion device described in the repost in the OP from the Israelites. They might also have cribbed the notion of a promised land and went off and found one.

In case you missed it in the OP, the theory I am trying to debunk is that the people of the Babylonian captivity went on to Britain and Western Europe.
edit on 19-11-2022 by Solvedit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 07:03 AM
link   

I am not a supporter of the theory.

Well that's nice because said theory seems to be somewhat steeped in white supremacist nonsense and advocates racial and religious hated "Anglo-Israelism" that is.

As to where bagpipes come from, did the Romans not bring them over here from ancient Egypt?

www.historic-uk.com...#:~:text=Some%20historians%20believe%20that%20bag pipes,colonising%20Scots%20tribes%20from%20Ireland.

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shakeAs to where bagpipes come from, did the Romans not bring them over here from ancient Egypt?

It could have been Persians who bought the land the Babylonians had captured, who cribbed the notion of a promised land and the red lion flag device from the Israelites, and moved to Britain.

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 07:10 AM
link   
There is certainly a lot of white supremacy in the US.
edit on 19-11-2022 by Solvedit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Could have been a lot of things Solvedit.

I think its safe to say Bagpipes originated somewhere in the Middle East.

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 07:18 AM
link   

If I can't be God's Chosen People, why do they get to?

Say what now?

Do you think you are chosen by God, and if so to do what exactly?

And who is "they"?

I would have thought "God's Chosen People" would equate to humanity as opposed to one specific race or set of people from a specific area.

Edit: Your murder with that edit button, why did you replace a question

if I can't be God's Chosen People, why do they get to?

With a statement?

There is certainly a lot of white supremacy in the US.

You see it somewhat changes the context.

For a start you just skipped from one continent to the other at the drop of a hat.

Your ""musings"" being about British Israelites as opposed to what transpires across the pond.

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
i.e. why do the White Supremacists get special priveleges? You were teasing me with the appearance of reading comprehension for a while there.
edit on 19-11-2022 by Solvedit because: format

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Did your mother never teach you that to answer questions with another tends to be poor form and somewhat bad manners.

why do the White Supremacists get special "privileges"?

They dont but the Anglo-Israelism nonsense that you keep going on about somewhat reinforces the notion that they are somehow special.

As to teasing you, now you are just sounding creepy.

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Solvedit
a reply to: combatmasterCulture is relevant. Aside from the red lion device mentioned in the OP, where are there signs of biblical culture in ancient Britain?

None whatsoever. And the red lion emblem was only introduced to Britain by the Normans in 1066 .... (the actual English emblem is a white dragon)

There is no more evidence of the British red lion being derived from any tribe of Israel than there is that it was introduced by visitors from Alpha Centauri.

So that really leaves us with nothing at all!

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 10:02 AM
link   

a reply to: Hanslune

"We're all Jock Tamson's Bairns" indeed.

Apparently through that study only goes back 500 years or so which would only take us to the 15th century or thereabouts.

Yep ultimately we are all (based on current theory) from Africa and Europe was populated first by Neanderthals who were absorbed by us and we were happy little Hunter-gathers. Then the farmers came up out of the Levant (circa 8500 BCE) and mixed with that lot. Then a later group coming in from the steppes what use to be called the 'indo-Europeans'. They sloshed around too for a bit.

www.pnas.org...

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: HansluneNational Geographic wrote in August 2019 that there was another migration from East Africa 14,000 years ago.

Cheddar Man, the oldest complete skeleton from Britain, may have been one of those. They found some DNA in a tooth and found he had the genes for dark skin and black, curly hair.

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Edit: Your murder with that edit button, why did you replace a question
You see it somewhat changes the context.
For a start you just skipped from one continent to the other at the drop of a hat.
It confused you so.

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Your ""musings"" being about British Israelites as opposed to what transpires across the pond.
The ones across the pond draw their quasi-ideological quasi-historical quasi-support from the claims of British Israelitism and similar.

Say, would you not clog the thread up splitting hairs about why you are confused? Suppose you spent a little more time reading and thinking before posting.
edit on 19-11-2022 by Solvedit because: added a sentence.

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Solvedit
a reply to: HansluneNational Geographic wrote in August 2019 that there was another migration from East Africa 14,000 years ago.

Cheddar Man, the oldest complete skeleton from Britain, may have been one of those. They found some DNA in a tooth and found he had the genes for dark skin and black, curly hair.

Yep people have been sloshing about for hundreds of thousands of years - other than generalities everyone is from mostly everywhere if one takes into account your relatives from 80,000 years ago.

posted on Nov, 19 2022 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune Then a later group coming in from the steppes what use to be called the 'indo-Europeans'. They sloshed around too for a bit.

I had planned to post some evidence of my theory that Persians bought the land the Babylonians captured from Israel and then moved on to Western Europe but the Yamnaya are a reason it may not work.

Persia also called itself Iran which means "Aryan." They still had a cultural memory of being descendants of migrants from what is now Kazakhstan, who called themselves the "Aryans."

However, almost all of Europe has Yamnaya/Aryan ancestry, so perhaps the similarity of "Eire" or "Erin" to Iran does not necessarily mean Persian ancestry.
edit on 19-11-2022 by Solvedit because: added information

edit on 19-11-2022 by Solvedit because: added information

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join