It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Musings on British Israelitism

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 04:18 PM
link   
From a zombie thread on Religion, Theology, and Faith Subforum, by forum menber Gregarious: RE: the nation of Israel:

"There is quite a lot of history on that, online, that you can see for yourself. British Israelitism is a sect that is partially right, partially wrong. Israel split into two halves, and seperate nations. The North, composed of 10 tribes, and the South, with Jerusalem, composed of the tribes of Judah(Jew-dah), and Benjamin. The North was conquered by the Babylonians, and carried off into captivity for a number of years. In that 'exile' also went some of Judah, and of Benjamin. They had symbols, or banners, that they carried around first in the wilderness post Egypt. Judahs symbol was a Red Lion, standing up. The entire tribe was considered royal. The exact place, and approximate time that they vanished, is when/where the Celtic tribes mysteriously appeared out of thin air. These tribes went on to Europe, and founded England, Scotland, Ireland, Germany, France, Dansmark, and at least six others, I think. I'm no expert in this, but I'm relating what I have read. Study the British Israelitism with a grain of salt, only some of it is true, but there is truth mixed up in it, no matter how politically incorrect.
I live now at Ground Zero of last years Firestorm in San Diego, but I am SAG. I am interested in writing screenplay, if it matters. "

Does it make sense that the Babylonians should first capture the Israelites then set them free to go off and claim some of the finest land on earth, i.e. Western Europe?

Doesn't it make more sense that the Babylonians sold the land they captured from Northern Israel? Britain may have been occupied by the people they sold it to.
edit on 18-11-2022 by Solvedit because: clarity

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Solvedit

The Babylonians only captured the priests of one tribe. They killed the rest. The priests were all men, because only men could be priests.

Now, only having a few men and no women, what do you think happened with the Israelites?

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge

The Babylonians only captured the priests of one tribe. They killed the rest. The priests were all men, because only men could be priests.

Now, only having a few men and no women, what do you think happened with the Israelites?
From Wikipedia: "The Babylonian captivity or Babylonian exile is the period in Jewish history during which a large number of Judeans from the ancient Kingdom of Judah were captives in Babylon, the capital city of the Neo-Babylonian Empire, following their defeat in the Jewish–Babylonian War and the destruction of Solomon's Temple in Jerusalem. The event is described in the Hebrew Bible, and its historicity is supported by archaeological and non-biblical evidence."

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Celt religion(paganism) and society predates Christianity.

So there is that to consider when you claim "Celtic tribes mysteriously appeared out of thin air."

I'm sure they thought the same about Christians.
edit on 18-11-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Celt religion(paganism) and society predates Christianity.
??? The Babylonian Captivity predates Christianity by more than a half a millenium. It started in 598 B.C.E. and ended in 512 B.C.E. Christianity started some time in the first century C.E. Oh, and many of the people involved returned to Israel.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 05:21 PM
link   

This is a deep subject with lots of tangents to follow. It's been years since I read about it. But a couple suggestions to check out further --

British Israelism

And Jacob's Stone aka The Stone of Scone.

And the Behistun Stone.

Those are all just Wikipedia links to get you started.

Add "lost tribes of Israel " to searches for any of the above and you'll find all sorts of rabbit holes to go down!!

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Christianity started some time in the first century C.E. Oh, and many of the people involved returned to Israel.

And proceeded to adopt and sequester just about every Pagan religious festival and holiday for its own purpose.

Christianity is an Abrahamic religion mate and there were people worshiping nature the sun long before it ever existed aka Paganism, same with Judeisum.

Christianity coined the word pagan as a derogatory term to describe anyone that did not worship their God or in the same manner as them.

Technically through Hinduism is the world's oldest religion, so which missing tribe are they?

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 05:27 PM
link   

So there is that to consider when you claim
I cut and pasted it from a zombie thread from 2007 from the "Religion, Theology, and Faith" subforum. The poster was Gregarious. www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 18-11-2022 by Solvedit because: added information

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 05:29 PM
link   

The naked archeologist, did a segment on the lost tribes, and where they might be today, very interesting. You can find him on youtube. His whole series is a good watch.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shakeChristianity is an Abrahamic religion mate and there were people worshiping nature the sun long before it ever existed aka Paganism, same with Judeisum.
Technically through Hinduism is the world's oldest religion, so which missing tribe are they?
I am not sure what your point is.

Paganism existed in the Middle East before 598 B.C.E but that supports my point. Pagans may have bought the land the Babylonians captured, then moved to Western Europe.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Sound mate.

My point being through in the beginning it was the Sun and nature that were worshiped and touted as what we would consider organized religious practice.

The Bible is simply a collection of religious texts which are the product of Man, same as all the rest.

Apparently through the first Humans emerged in Africa around two million years ago, long before us homo sapiens were even a twinkle in anybody's eye including anthropomorphized sky gods that are always after our monies for some reason.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
This thread is really about British Israelitism, not religion. The Bible is in it only because of historical information it includes.

I have changed the title to reflect this fact.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I am not sure what your point is.

Just wondering which missing tribe people from the Indus Valley would amount to?

Paganism existed in the Middle East before 598 B.C.E but that supports my point. Pagans may have bought the land the Babylonians captured, then moved to Western Europe.

Bought the land with what, shekels?

My understanding being back then land was taken by force and not purchased with cash monies much.

Paganism existed as long as people have worshiped the Sun and Nature, far as i can establish, but like i also suggest Christianity created the name as a derogatory slight.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shakePlease consider viewing the Wikipedia page on the Babylonian Captivity. This thread is about an actual historical event.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Sound but just keep in mind that the earliest Anglo-Saxons were Pagans

And they worshipped a variety of many different Gods and supernatural forces.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Sound but just keep in mind that the earliest Anglo-Saxons were Pagans

And they worshipped a variety of many different Gods and supernatural forces.
The Saxons did not come to Britain for another 1,000 years after the Babylonian captivity ended.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Solvedit
Does it make sense that the Babylonians should first capture the Israelites then set them free to go off and claim some of the finest land on earth, i.e. Western Europe?

Doesn't it make more sense that the Babylonians sold the land?

Where did you get the idea that the Babylonians were in a position to sell western Europe, which they never occupied?
I recommend investing in a Historical Atlas, which will show you how far these empires extended.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

The land they captured from Northern Israel.
edit on 18-11-2022 by Solvedit because: format

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 05:57 PM
link   

So do you imagine the island to have been empty before they arrived?

There were people there before the Romans just as their were people there before the Saxons.

And guess what they worshiped?

That would be the nature and the Sun aka paganism.

There is evidence to suggest people to have existed on this island since around around 800,000 BC

www.britishmuseum.org...

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 06:00 PM
link   

So do you imagine the island to have been empty before they arrived?

There were people there before the Romans just as theer were people there before the Saxons.

And guess what they worshiped?

Because that would be the nature and the Sun aka paganism.
What does that have to do with my point? Explain please.

What does that have to do with the fact that it is unlikely the Babylonians first captured Northern Israel, then set the people free to leave and settle Britain and the rest of Western Europe, even though most of the captives or their descendants returned to Israel in 512 B.C.E.?

Are you a believer in British Israelitism? Have you decided to swamp my thread with wacky, irrational misdirects?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join