It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Team Eggnog or No

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Team nog member...but you need to cut it with rum
A friend with a time-share in the Caymans supplies me with the smoothest rum to cut that thick yellow goodness.
I'm not above enjoying the McDonald's eggnog shake either. Probably sets my life expectancy back a bit.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Boiled custard isn't like Flan. I hate Flan because it's too eggy. Egg nog sometimes is too eggy tasting as well for my liking depend on the recipe.

Boiled custard is drinking custard. It's similar in flavor to the custard British people put on their Christmas Pudding but a thinner consistency. The French call something similar to British dessert custard Crème anglaise; if you are familiar with that flavor profile then just imagine it being drinkable and you have Boiled Custard.

It does remind me of melted ice cream and considering many homemade ice creams are in fact a frozen custard it makes sense.

But no, I wouldn't say it tastes like Flan and of course the consistency is vastly different.
Boiled Custard I think is more of an old school southern US holiday drink.

Alcohol or not it's a good drink.
edit on 18-11-2022 by Identified because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Identified

But no, I wouldn't say it tastes like Flan and of course the consistency is vastly different. Boiled Custard I think is more of an old school southern US holiday drink.

I live in the South south, Alabama, and Florida and have never heard of boiled custard. Maybe it is just certain areas. Either way, sounds fantastic!
I’ll have to try it!

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Think Old Southern Families passing down the tradition. In fact I can't remember ever having it as a child unless it was homemade. It's just always been my holiday drink and I'm from Old Southern Stock. Lol

It is delicious. You can find it stores now along side the Eggnog. Definitely buy it or even try making it yourself.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I love to use eggnog as a chaser for the Jack.

But a little Southern Comfort in the eggnog is what they drink in Heaven.
edit on 18-11-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I'm stepping in for Team No-Nog. I prefer my beverages without the threat of salmonella. I also find the texture and smell puts me off.

Mulled apple cider is superior in every aspect (in my subjectively objective opinion). Mulled apple cider and a splash of spiced rum blend very nicely together, and goes perfect with warm buttered fruitcake.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I like the taste of good eggnog...but with a severe intolerance to elements of milk, it is not worth it. I had ice cream last night and have suffered all day today, brain fog, slight headache, and a crappy feeling with lots of extra mucous. It is the same with egg nog, I try to refrain from consuming milk products, I wound up in the ER years back from drinking a whole quart of milk when that was all that was available. I even get a fever from drinking milk, it can raise my body temp four degrees. Known about milk products for many decades, but boy they taste good. The ER doctor said I have some rare allergy to milk and said it would cost quite a bit to identify the exact cause....told me just to not consume the stuff.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I used to love drinking eggnog back when my metabolism could handle it.

Two 8 oz. glasses are about 1/3rd of my daily caloric intake.

So now, only with booze so it helps to keep it all in moderation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join