It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter closes offices until Monday as employees quit in droves

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 01:33 AM
link   

www.cbc.ca...

Hundreds of Twitter employees are estimated to be leaving the beleaguered social media company following an ultimatum from new owner Elon Musk that staffers sign up for "long hours at high intensity," — or leave.

Early Wednesday, Musk had emailed Twitter employees, saying: "Going forward, to build a breakthrough Twitter 2.0 and succeed in an increasingly competitive world, we will need to be extremely hardcore."

The email asked staff to click "yes" if they wanted to stick around. Those who did not respond by 5 p.m. ET on Thursday would be considered to have quit and given a severance package, the email said

Twitter closes all its offices until Monday the 21st of November

It looks like Twitter has closed all its offices until Monday the 21st of November amid a wave of mass resignations and following the decision by the company earlier this month to lay off around 50% of its workforce due to the financial issues as stated by Elon Musk who argued that it is not viable to have as many employees due to the $4m losses per day. Everyone who was laid off received 3 months of severance.

On the other hand though many of us don't have much sympathy for those who have left the company or those who are currently leaving as twitter engaged in massive censorship over the years and especially in the last 3 years when the pandemic started.

Twitter became an echo chamber of state propaganda and every view and idea that didn't fit the narrative was censored or silenced. You couldn't argue against the very damaging and often catastrophic lockdowns, the response to the pandemic, you couldn't argue against mass and mandatory vaccinations or whether this is really a 'vaccine', what if it has severe adverse reactions? Or what if it can cause serious health issues such as myocarditis, pericarditis, heart attacks, and death, to young and healthy individuals.

You couldn't discuss politics and make a hypothesis such as election interference or election fraud and whether an election was stolen as this was branded a conspiracy theory as well as inappropriate and inflammatory language that divides the nation and causes harm to democracy.

Not to mention the propagation of the woke culture through the platform and the suspension or banning of several accounts who spoke against the absurd and ludicrous transgender ideology because these accounts had the courage to state basic facts from human biology and remind the audience that a man can never become a woman and vice versa therefore transgender women are still biological men and transgender men are still biological women. This was branded as 'hateful' content...

Twitter cannot be held hostage by a range of woke and left wing activists, climate change religionists, and transgender ideologists.

What I say is good riddance to the employees who are not longer employed by Twitter and we won't miss you at all!!!

If Elon Musk wants to find good and decent employees all he has to do is to advertise some positions and he will get thousands of applications within a few weeks.

edit on 18-11-2022 by Asmodeus3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/18/2022 by semperfortis because: Copy the EXACT Headline

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I enjoy watching the world burn due to our weakness and stupidity.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 01:45 AM
link   
So we have the wealthiest man in the world marching in with his big bucks and taking over this business.His initial decisions on how to make it more profitable for him go awry and he realizes he will have to go draconian on the workers heads. He then forces them to sign an authoritarian statement that basically says buckle under to his authoritarian dictatorship or take a hike.. They then opt for leaving and it is OP's reaction then to place all the blame on the workers themselves.

All hail the owners and CEOs.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I have not much sympathy to twitter employees , since the freedom of speech did not work , and i dont have sympathy for Elon Musk either, cruel animal experiment to get results for Musk neuralink project .

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

I have not much sympathy to twitter employees , since the freedom of speech did not work , and i dont have sympathy for Elon Musk either, cruel animal experiment to get results for Musk neuralink project .

Same here. I wasn't a fan of Twitter when it censored free speech and not a supporter of Elon Musk but I hope his company doesn't continue upon the same path and allows free speech becoming normal again.

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
So we have the wealthiest man in the world marching in with his big bucks and taking over this business.His initial decisions on how to make it more profitable for him go awry and he realizes he will have to go draconian on the workers heads. He then forces them to sign an authoritarian statement that basically says buckle under to his authoritarian dictatorship or take a hike.. They then opt for leaving and it is OP's reaction then to place all the blame on the workers themselves.

Got any evidence for that ?
Or just "imagination" ?

PS , a company owner can basically do as they want as long as it falls within legal terms .

edit on 11/18/22 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Sales of blue hair dye and oat milk latte’s will plummet

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Asmodeus3

I really doubt Musk had free speech in mind . One of he`s genious sentences was " “to avoid becoming like monkeys, humans must merge with machines.”

I see him as anti-human .

Transhumanist lunatic .

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Full disclosure -- I use Twitter. It is a hate-fest and an echo chamber. It's also just a business.

Musk owns Twitter and can do what he likes. To some people, his changes are a horror show, but to other people it's a well needed intervention. Clearly though, Twitter had actual, or perceived, problems with allowing some perspectives and views, while robustly censoring other perspectives.

To the employees, it's their choice whether they work for a new owner. One thing is true, though, and it's that Twitter was not being run as a profitable business. It seemed to have been run (from what I have seen) as employment for people who had no interest in business economics, but loved the pay, beanbags and free lunches. Oh, and their own echo chamber, of course.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 02:55 AM
link   

I am not a supporter or fan of Elon Musk but when you buy a company from someone else and when you have a business then you need to consider whether it is financially viable to have as many employees as the previous owners employed.

I don't blame the workers for the decisions to leave because of some demands made by Elon Musk. I blame many of these workers for others things that they did engage to in the past few years and I say good riddance to those who censored free speech and use the platform as a means of state propaganda. They allowed it and they are 100% responsible. I didn't see anyone quitting their jobs as a protest when their company decided to engage in censoring and silencing everyone.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: nokternus
I enjoy watching the world burn due to our weakness and stupidity.

It's payback time for many of these employees who engaged in censoring and silencing everyone who didn't accept the whatever narratives emanating from the establishment.

Good riddance!

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Some of them could be employed by the other woke companies around that still censor or silence free speech.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog
Evidence? I'ts right there in the news. You know what his actions have been as well as anyone. You already have the evidence for my opinion. If you don't like my opinion just tell me and don't play this game of evidence.

And yes, of course an owner can do as he wishes with the company he owns. I have made it abundantly clear in countless other threads that I know this. Why do you assume that for whatever reason I do not. Because I have a different opinion than you do?

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

I really doubt Musk had free speech in mind . One of he`s genious sentences was " “to avoid becoming like monkeys, humans must merge with machines.”

I see him as anti-human .

Transhumanist lunatic .

You may be right , but now in our generation at least or the next generation. Too much obesity around the world at the moment.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Well he has around 300 workers left who are great at their jobs he said,so that trimming the fat e mail worked wonders.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 03:13 AM
link   
It's more really about downsizing actually. Those that are quitting due to a change of policy I would think would be 1/2 of one percent of the workforce. I say that because most own new cars, a home and are NO DEBT FREE at the moment.

Fake news again just to make the boss look bad.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 03:26 AM
link   
So, as another member has asked me for evidence of my opinion, let me ask you for evidence of your's ok?

What evidence do you have that any of those employees, or rather most of those employees orchestrated censorship? Some higher ups, sure, put he laid off half the workforce did he not? So say maybe 5% of the workforce makes decisions and lays them down for the rest to abide by. That leaves 45% of the workforce that was laid off not because of their performance but merely for the cost cutting Musk felt necessary, right? That's simple capitalism 101, cut the workforce to get higher profit.

Then he sends out a memo which basically says, pledge allegiance to me and my new agenda or take a hike. So what do many of them do? They take a hike.

So what we see, or at least, what I see, is a rich guy, buying a business for $44,000,000,000, a business he has no experience in running, makes drastic changes and demands total loyalty to his agenda which if nothing else has an appearance of maybe driving the entire thing into the ground after putting all those people out of work and possibly ALL of the people out of work if the business fails completely.

Yes he can do it if he wants. It's his now. And it's not that I like twitter. I"ve never used it or intend to, so it's no skin off my nose what he does with it. It came, it had it's time, and it will go, either now or later. I" m just saying that demonaizing all those workers seems a bit much to me.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 03:30 AM
link   

So, as another member has asked me for evidence of my opinion, let me ask you for evidence of your's ok?

What evidence do you have that any of those employees, or rather most of those employees orchestrated censorship? Some higher ups, sure, put he laid off half the workforce did he not? So say maybe 5% of the workforce makes decisions and lays them down for the rest to abide by. That leaves 45% of the workforce that was laid off not because of their performance but merely for the cost cutting Musk felt necessary, right? That's simple capitalism 101, cut the workforce to get higher profit.

Then he sends out a memo which basically says, pledge allegiance to me and my new agenda or take a hike. So what do many of them do? They take a hike.

So what we see, or at least, what I see, is a rich guy, buying a business for $44,000,000,000, a business he has no experience in running, makes drastic changes and demands total loyalty to his agenda which if nothing else has an appearance of maybe driving the entire thing into the ground after putting all those people out of work and possibly ALL of the people out of work if the business fails completely.

Yes he can do it if he wants. It's his now. And it's not that I like twitter. I"ve never used it or intend to, so it's no skin off my nose what he does with it. It came, it had it's time, and it will go, either now or later. I" m just saying that demonaizing all those workers seems a bit much to me.

The company employed a number of people who were compliant with whatever orders they were forcing and I didn't see anyone to quit because of the massive censorship and silence of free speech.

Hence they were compliant and complicit as the company doesn't run on its own. It's the employees who are forcing the rules and hence I have no sympathy with them.

I can't say that each and everyone orchestrated censorship but they were compliant and complicit.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

And if it works, and Twitter moves on to be a much more successful capitalist enterprise, so be it. But if it fails now, well I guess that's on him, right? After all he paid $44,000,000,000 for it because he thought it would be a good investment. He thought he could make it worth more, right? Well, I guess we will see.

posted on Nov, 18 2022 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Asmodeus3 Looks like the house of cards that wanted to silence the majority of Americans is falling and its about time. Now we the people can speak loud and clear!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join