It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Can We Get People to STOP Relying on Television News and START Searching the Internet?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

What is "the truth" ?

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
a reply to: olaru12

Oh don't forget the mic that is sensible enough to record your subvocal speech and cams that register your iris movement.

I can understand why people think their device is reading their thoughts.

So true....

Talk about dogfood with someone and watch what ads pop up. Add in the subliminals for an even more effective presentation.

It's a brave new world, eh big brother? Marshall McLuhan called it a long time ago.
edit on 17-11-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

The truth is something supported by facts , something that can be shown as true.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DevotedResearcher

As you likely know, the warnings about what the ''boob-tube'' would do to the population were present and at time presented on the tube itself way back when it first became a house-hold item.

In your OP you mention, ''government, education, medicine, and mainstream news'' yet you do not go far enough. You did not bring to the fore, corporations. And THAT goes all the way back to the infancy of the boob tube.

The common sense of commercial TV is that it is free entertainment that is paid for by advertising. But this is not the truth. In the beginning TV was brought to the public BY and FOR those corporate businesses that wanted to take their advertising from newsprint and billboards directly into the homes of ''we the people''. TV did this by advertising every product that had the cash to make those commercials. And in between those advertisements was the ''hook'' was set. Shows, be they entertainment or news, suckered the public into gluing themselves to the tube and as they watched, those commercials filtered into the brains of all the watchers. EVEN IF THEY WERE NOT PAYING ATTENTION TO THEM, those commercials impacted the brain.

And what businesses had the money to do that? Not ''mom and pop'' business for the most part but rather corporations that had the money to toss at advertising. And it worked.

Big Brands emerged. You can trust this brand because it has the biggest name, the most trusted name. The more money poured into tv advertising, the more the brains of viewers came to know those names. Brands paid for commercials and commercials gave brands more and more unconscious acceptance.

TV, like the name implies, relies upon lower levels of consciousness a state of acceptance without judgment, without conscious decision making. And THAT is what I think you are really asking. How do we elevate peoples consciousness.
I suggest we don't, and maybe we can't.

Consciousness is an individual state of being, each person moves toward it at their own pace. Pushing someone, or pulling someone towards consciousness as you, or I know it is going to not make them more conscious but rather in most cases only move them towards what you or I consider their consciousness needs to be. And that is only one more level of advertising.

And by the way, what do we find on almost every internet news program or blogs or whatever? Advertising. Finding information outlets that give it away for free is difficult but in the long run likely much safer than believing any of the ones that ask you to donate or buy their product.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 01:10 PM
link   
the only truth, IMO, is ALL politicians are serial liars, if you cheerlead for a politician as seen every day on ATS then you have already been brainwashed and there brains have been turned to mush

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: bounder
We need an altruistic billionaire to buy spectrum and raise the price to $500 per mo.

Very interesting idea.

I wonder if any are reading this??

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 01:12 PM
link   

You want to go down a funny rabbit hole, check out Biofeedback...
imagine how far we are considering the advancement in electromagnetic sensors.
You're brain has an electromagnetic field that is constantly influenced by your brain activities.
If you could somehow map it out...
And what if you influence the field? Does that mess with your brain activities?

1984 is child's play, compared to what technofascism has in the tubes for us.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Don't worry it's just capitalism in action, the MARKET PLACE.

My main interest is to give courageous whistleblowers (who actually risk their LIFE speaking out, but their conscience compels them to do so) a platform where they won't be censored and hopefully not ridiculed.

Maybe the only hope for that is to finance it through donations—maybe collected in person at the local level?

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Because historically it has been difficult for average people to gather information on their own and, because it's time consuming and requires critical thinking skills that are not taught in the average school, most people abdicate their research to other people that they trust.

Some people have chosen the news source because mom and dad watched a certain news program and they follow along still to this day. Some choose the opposite newsource from their mother or father because they think mom and dad are old and wrong. Some people choose the news source their peer group has chosen because they want to be included in the club. Some people only choose fringe or contrary news sources because they automatically think if something goes against the MSM then it must be right. Some people are fed news sources because of online algorithms or simply because they live in a certain region where only certain news sources are popular.

Also, because humans are naturally loathe to admit they may have been wrong about something they are unlikely to admit that the person they trusted to give them the news might have in fact been mistaken. So they will continue to believe them and anyone not agreeing with them is propaganda or disinfo agents.

Unfortunately it's human nature mixed with lazy education that doesn't value critical thinking skills.

How do we get them to change and do their own research? I guess you must keep hitting them over the head with info until they decide they can't trust anyone. Lol

edit on 17-11-2022 by Identified because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

You want to go down a funny rabbit hole, check out Biofeedback...
imagine how far we are considering the advancement in electromagnetic sensors.
You're brain has an electromagnetic field that is constantly influenced by your brain activities.
If you could somehow map it out...
And what if you influence the field? Does that mess with your brain activities?

1984 is child's play, compared to what technofascism has in the tubes for us.

What do you think they are doing in Los Alamos, Livermore and the basements of every Univ. with black bucks?

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 01:22 PM
link   

No, I don't want to tell people what to do or try to MAKE THEM do something under threat of reprisal.

I just know in my heart of hearts that TV news is the root of all evil when it comes to waking people up. And waking people up is imperative if humanity is to SURVIVE.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DevotedResearcher

If we could change how people get their news it could change everything, I think.

I don't think so.

Many people crave sensationalism. "If it bleeds it leads".

Look at FOX "news" -- it's like watching an overdramatized soap opera. I had to stop watching it.

It's true -- that there are no real newscasters anymore -- just "talking heads" hired because they have a talent for drawing people in.

And most everything is run by ads (including print) -- gotta keep the money happy.

People are who they are -- how they get their news fix won't matter.

Me? I only read. But how do I know what I'm reading is correct?

I do try to research a subject -- without a lead line.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I just know in my heart of hearts that TV news is the root of all evil when it comes to waking people up. And waking people up is imperative if humanity is to SURVIVE.

How do you intend to get out the message to WOKE people up? Youtube, twitter, reddit....do you aspire to become an "edge lord"?

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

It is true I am looking for a change in the group consciousness of we the people, for our own survival.

Perhaps activisim is hopeless and the only hope is CRISIS that forces people to CHANGE.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Can you beat propaganda without propaganda?

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

How do you intend to get out the message to WOKE people up? Youtube, twitter, reddit....do you aspire to become an "edge lord"?

All I could think of reading this was Nuns putting their hands in front of the projector to block out kissing scenes.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 01:37 PM
link   

a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Perhaps activisim is hopeless and the only hope is CRISIS that forces people to CHANGE.

"Force people to Change" Somewhere there is an algorithm that interprets that as a threat!!

imo....I don't need you or anyone else to Force Me to Change, my alcohol and drugs do a great job.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Many people crave sensationalism.

An addiction can be broken if something comes along to serve as step one.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 01:43 PM
link   

What do you think they are doing in....

Things they probably shouldn't do.

But I've been seeing the weirdest experiments conducted in broad daylight. 9.11 really kicked it off, financial crisis, occupy, Las Vegas shooting, Obama, Trump, covid, Brandon, to name a few.
edit on 17-11-2022 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Many people crave sensationalism.

An addiction can be broken if something comes along to serve as step one.

Why would you call that an addiction?

People are just different. Their brains are wired differently.

In my experience -- most people are emotional -- and are drawn to things that make them feel.

I run into very few logical people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join