It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impossible Stone-Cut Ruins Found Worldwide

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Its too early to get into this for me. I need copious amounts of coffee first. Also I have an English assignment due today so I WILL be back to check out the video.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Cutting stone is not impossible no matter how impressive it comes out... You can do it with other stones.. or even sand with water.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 11:54 AM
link   

You don't need something harder than a stone to form the body of a saw that cuts by abrasion. Does the paper backing of sandpaper have to be harder than what you smooth with it? Nope.

You can also split stone by opening natural cracks and weaknesses, with wooden wedges or by hammering at it. In some locations water has been used to split stone (it expands when frozen). Plant roots can do the same, too.

Large stones can be balanced precariously and then 'walked' by wobbling them from side to side. Also tree trunks are naturally cylindrical and make good rollers. They also make good levers.

And then we get to 'concretion'. Some stone can be poured and set, like modern concrete, and various clays. It may be possible that some older stone works were actually produced in this way by methods and mixtures we have forgotten.

And there is usually the scalloped surfaces of stone at ancient quarries which is a dead giveaway that they were using handheld stones to hammer away at the stones they were cutting.

Also, these videos often lie about the composition of the stones and its hardness, because they want to create a mystery.

Numerous brass saws were found in the areas around the pyramids, and the quarries from which the stones were cut. The brass is soft enough to pick up grains of sand which cut by abrasion. Also, there are saw cuts that were never completed, on some of the stone blocks.

And a pyramid is a neat way to stack rocks.

Sorry about all the cynicism.

edit on 17/11/2022 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

I’m convinced they used some method which is now lost to us, you can’t make beautiful intricate carvings in hard stone by knapping with flint or work those materials with tools that are softer than them.

Even if you can cut a straight line of bore a hole with quartz finings embedded in bronze, it will take lots of time and effort, and that doesn’t explain how a statue is made or the perfect right angles were produced in very hard stone. Bronze chisels and the like can’t do it.

Actually you can. www.youtube.com...

Ancients in all civilizations could work hard stone. Yet you want us to believe that some magical technology existed in Sumerian, Egyptian, Inca,Maya, Han, etc., civilizations - separated by thousands of years that used no infrastructure, no resources, left no traces and was not used to make better weapons of war?

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackfinger
Not impossible,just 100,s of years of practice..

Mastery of the stone, expertise, hard, hard work and plenty of time.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ARM1968

Our history appears to have been covered up for some reason. What that reason might be eludes me. I can guess, but that is all. Perhaps they found things belonging to those civilisations that they do not want us to know about, so the easiest thing is to compress the timelines and deny any previous technology. Certainly seems as though the archaeologists and historians all go along with it.

I always have to ask, who is they? And why would they care about how the ancients worked stones?

Certainly seems as though the archaeologists and historians all go along with it.

Yeah along with geologists and most other scientists - what the heck are they doing this for? LOL

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: XipeTotex

Sigh... I still cant believe how blind modern archaeologists are..

Laadiilaadidoo.. A pyramid shape is just a logical form to construct, and even tho there are pyramids in all these different places it does not mean they were connected in any way.

That is the official opinion.

What a load of BS.

So, what is the none BS reason for that general shape being used for 3,500 years?

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ

originally posted by: 727Sky
Unless we one day discover a great hall of records showing how some of the ancient constructs were finished we may never know how these structures were made.

The Vatican and I'm sure the U.S. Government have all that info stored away somewhere. If we got enough people I say we storm the Vatican for info. I'm Catholic so it's cool I can just confess after and be forgiven.

Ah dude why would the Vatican and US Government be remotely interest in ancient masonry? I would note that the Vatican archive and library were taken by the French during the Napoleonic wars, taken to France and studied (returned in 1818) those gentlemen didn't find anything regarding rocks.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Infinitis

Cutting stone is not impossible no matter how impressive it comes out... You can do it with other stones.. or even sand with water.

Oh no, not logic and reason.......won't work on this crowd they are dedicated to throwing their hands up and crying 'it can't be done'. Oh no brown folks are idiots (no one ever challenges the Greeks and Roman's masonry skills) just those dark skinned folks - yep they cannot work stone for x and y reasons.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

And a pyramid is a neat way to stack rocks.

Sorry about all the cynicism.

Well you said what needed to be said, but one question, brass saws pyramids. Link? . I think you meant copper (which was often naturally mixed with other items especially arsenic, tin and other minerals).

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Biggest load of claptrap, just funding a huckster.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tortuga
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Biggest load of claptrap, just funding a huckster.

No, no just a fringe believer who uses all his millions to research..., oh, wait he doesn't do that.....

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The finest example of stoneworking in that video is the cut-rock (granite) Barabar caves. Those were carved more than two centuries after the locals started using steel tools to work stone. Their fine surfaces, then, are the truly remarkable features - not the fact they were carved in granite.
The surfaces are a testament to the devoutness of the workers doing the polishing.

The video overall is simply ignorant (or designed for the ignorant.) Placing together sites that are actually thousands of years separated in time and arguing for a common "advanced" civilization.

Harte

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
Unless we one day discover a great hall of records showing how some of the ancient constructs were finished we may never know how these structures were made.

I for one do not believe the polygonal megalithic walls with boulders weighing in some cases many tons were made by hammer stones and any available metal we are told the ancients possessed; not to mention placing the stones to begin with. Anyway I do find some of the construction of many buildings and stone edifices in times past to be interesting to say the least, now where is that 'hall of records?"

youtu.be...

The problem with this (and so many other videos of this kind) is that they pass a bunch of stonework in front of you, say "ancient" and "impossible"... but you're not given any context.

For instance - what are the stones in the picture? You can scratch many different kinds of limestone with your fingernail because it's soft (the stones of the Great Pyramid are fairly soft and so is the Sphinx.) Getting "impossible" detail in limestone is ridiculously easy. Same with marble and dolomite and a lot of other stone.

Flint (you know - like arrowheads) was used as a tool and you can scratch very fine lines into a lot of rock with the edge of a flint tool (not the point; it'll break off.))

Impure copper is a form of bronze and the Earth's bronze age began in the Middle East about 3300 BC (which is a thousand years before they began building the Great Pyramid) and in Sumer/Mesopotamia about 300 years prior to that.

The Iron Age begins in the same area about 1300 BC, though some iron was worked as early as 3000 BC in Egypt and Mesopotamia. Iron became more common after the development of smelteries about 900 BC and was thereafter common in Greece, Rome, Egypt, Assyria, etc, etc where iron was used for military equipment as well as common tools.

So the often-shown "impossible" Serapeum (the one at Saqqara and others as well) were modified and "upgraded" after the arrival of iron tools (chisels, etc).

Roman construction? All done with iron and bronze.

Incan empire? That rose after 1200 AD and they had iron and bronze tools and were skilled at metalworking (as the lovely ornaments in museums around the world show.)

India? Bronze tools about 3000 BC, iron about 1400 BC.

China? Same thing.

Look at those stones again and ask yourself "is this impossible to do with iron tools?" - because many of them WERE done with iron tools.

And then go find out what kind of stone is being dealt with.

These videos aren't "uncovering" much of anything but the originator's sheer lack of research ability and lack of knowledge about rocks and metal and the technology of these civilizations.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

You know that it is not just the general shape. The details, and the local stories and belief systems that go with the structures.Like the metal clamps/joints used all over the world.

Same thing would be to say, Oooh, of course its a logical conclusion to build a bunch of square stone hubs with a small round hole in one wall and a cool little mushroom plug.

The ancient world did not suffer from the same compartmentalization as we do, they shared the world with each other, not spend their days in concrete boxes staring at screens.

Good day.
edit on 17-11-2022 by XipeTotex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Do you think the use of stone joint metal clamps is just a coincidence?

All over the world, same kind of blocks, with those little same kind of bumbs, joined together with the neat little metal doodads?

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 04:45 PM
link   

a reply to: Hanslune

The ancient world did not suffer from the same compartmentalization as we do, they shared the world with each other.

How do you know that? Communication was very slow and dangerous. When they would have gotten anywhere they wouldn't have spoken the language and their immune systems would not have been ready for the new diseases (which was why the Columbian exchange was so deadly to the 'Americans' and Africa so deadly to Europeans.

Again pyramids are very common because they are the easiest shape to built (other than a mound of dirt), it doesn't mean there was a world wide civilization if there was we'd see a very different archaeological picture than we currently do.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 04:56 PM
link   

a reply to: Byrd

Do you think the use of stone joint metal clamps is just a coincidence?

All over the world, same kind of blocks, with those little same kind of bumbs, joined together with the neat little metal doodads?

Yep and every civilization had knifes, scrappers, spears, maces, grinders and needles - why is that? Common solution to a common problem or did one civ teach everyone else?

Clamp types vary in shape: dovetail, double-T (of “dumbbell-shape”) sometimes with circular or semicircular heads, straight bar, the alphabet capitals I and H, and butterfly (or “bow tie”). For the material, iron was the most popular, but wood, stone, bronze, lead, and even gold were used (modern retrofitting is done with steel or titanium).

Not all civilization used the clamp method. Also they used slightly different shapes and their use was separated from one another by thousands of years. Its use also came into use then died out.

List the dates of when they were used, stopped being used by civilization - what does it tell you?

In East Asia, as of now, the earliest stone-joint clamps come from China and are datable to the early 6th century CE, followed by Korea in the late 7 th century. Finds from India and Southeast Asia date to the 9th-11th century, though some with even earlier dates may eventually surface. This isn't ancient use.

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

Our history appears to have been covered up for some reason. What that reason might be eludes me. I can guess, but that is all. Perhaps they found things belonging to those civilisations that they do not want us to know about, so the easiest thing is to compress the timelines and deny any previous technology. Certainly seems as though the archaeologists and historians all go along with it.

I always have to ask, who is they? And why would they care about how the ancients worked stones?

Certainly seems as though the archaeologists and historians all go along with it.

Yeah along with geologists and most other scientists - what the heck are they doing this for? LOL

A little rude and cocksure I would say. Also perhaps not quite as up to speed on some of the finer details.

I take it you are in the copper chisels and hammer stone camp??

Perhaps they used copper tubes for the core drilling too. Maybe they used copper chisels and sand to make the boxes at the serapeum? Or they just eyeballed the perfect symmetry of many of the statues - and they are perfect.

As for why professional people would go along with a cover up, if you can’t think of a reason, or several, then I can’t help you. LOL

posted on Nov, 17 2022 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Perhaps they used copper tubes for the core drilling too. Maybe they used copper chisels and sand to make the boxes at the serapeum? Or they just eyeballed the perfect symmetry of many of the statues - and they are perfect.

Yeah because that is what they had to work with, iron came into common use in Egypt around 500 BCE, the Serapeum boxes were probably made between 1250-650 BCE, so what else would they have used? Eyeball? How did Michaelangelo get the statue of David Perfect? How did any artist before lasers? Pieces of wood, string and other simple methods. How do you think they did it? The problem in wanting high tech as the answer is the complete lack of any infrastructure to built or maintain such equipment.

As for why professional people would go along with a cover up, if you can’t think of a reason, or several, then I can’t help you. LOL

Because you cannot think of a coherent answer. Most fringe believer cannot either but its a matter of religious like belief that millions of people are involved in suppressing something for no particular reason....

The reason for this stance is the evidence for the use of simple tools and no sign of ancient high technology. its pretty simple.
edit on 17/11/22 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join