It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quick Death Penalty for Drug Dealers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

How about we start with the ones that destroy families and result in rape, murder, and theft.

Which drug does that? Wasnt that the accusation against weed at one point?

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem
a reply to: JAGStorm

Due process, no matter the crime.

That's how we do it, no?

I don't agree with him on this at all.

I'm pro-DP, but no "special" exceptions, that's a slippery slope we don't want to ride IMO

Just my opinion, we don't even have the DP here in Canada, lol.

Death penalty is always a slippery slope no matter the due process preceding it.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Is anyone really surprised? Trump has made his admiration for Duarte pretty well known. I won't be surprised if he also starts pitching some of Putin's policies.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: MykeNukem

Due process, no matter the crime.

That's how we do it, no?

I don't agree with him on this at all.

I'm pro-DP, but no "special" exceptions, that's a slippery slope we don't want to ride IMO

Just my opinion, we don't even have the DP here in Canada, lol.

Death penalty is always a slippery slope no matter the due process preceding it.

We don't have it here, so, I stated my point, I'll let you guys argue that one out.

I do believe some crimes are worthy of death, but yea, it's a touchy subject.

Not for drugs and for sure not without that same process everyone else goes through.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Complete disagreement and non-understanding from my side. I align with some of Trumps POV's but not this one.

I know where this is coming from. Yesterday I heard on radio that many countries held a gathering because of death penalty being a thing in the world. This is Trumps reaction being populist *sigh*.

He could do so much better if he wouldn't just jump the gun so fast and be a bit more cordial. Who knows if he would have made it to president without being like that though. What I respect him for is that he tried to keep his word on promises where he could, or was allowed to.

Four years of stonewalling and constant impeachment trials maybe did their part in this too. We're all products of our environment to a certain degree.

Coincidentally, I finished watching Dahmer series yesterday and while the animal inside me wishes death penalty for pedophiles and similar, the moral side in me say it's wrong. The rational side inside me, tells me that keeping someone alive in prison until natural death and having the one to work for the housing and food, is the most human method to store away such poisons to society. They will either suffer there or maybe even repent and change their life and POV. Some acts are unforgiveable but that does not mean a person can not change for the better.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 11:26 AM
link   
As good old Georgie said : The Government™ hates competition.

" That's OUR racket " !!

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I would say 'maybe' for the drugs that are killing a massive amount of people. But, I could see where something like this could become a slippery slope, and then for people who were framed, this could be tragic. I think that we need more then a 24 hour window, to make sure we are not just wiping out the good guys. The bad guys could save a ton of money and lay off all of the hit men. All they need to do is to throw some evil drugs on someone, and dump em off at the local neighborhood police station.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
I have an idea! Since the vast majority of fentanyl etc. is coming directly from China via Mexico we secure the border somehow?

Very few shipping containers coming into our seaports get inspected because it's too monumental of a task; how about investing in drug sniffing dogs and inspect every single one?

Too expensive? Well, the money already sent/laundered via Ukraine would have gone a LONG way towards solving the drug crisis.....but it would put a ton of unncessary, overpaid, ineffective gov. employees in the unemployment lines.

Securing the border is fine, but you aren't going to stop drug smuggling, you wont stop something as toxic as fent. And if you think things are slow now..inspect every single item?..not even remotely possible.

Anyway, Trump is a loon, as usual.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Why do you care about others spending their money on what they want?

Also, the "we" you're talking about is us tax payers. Why do I have to pay for others decisions???

Why does "something have to be done"? Does it affect you?

Ain't a drug dealer in the world forcing anyone to buy their product.

If some people want to do what they like, who are you to Judge?

Legalize everything, if ya want to kill yourself, have at it. I keep saying this, "ain't my circus, ain't my monkeys"...

For some people, possessions are a drug. Buying a corvette instead of paying your rent/mortgage is a real thing. Should we kill them too?

I enjoy the vast majority of your posts, but this one is crossing the line.

Just like firearm laws, you can't legislate morality.

Stay in your lane Karen, the World doesn't have the same ideas as you and shouldn't be forced to do how you think. Mind your own damn business.

Sorry for the rant, but this subject gets under my skin. The people wanting me to accept their views on what gender they pretend they are, are the calling for the death of those that don't believe in that.

(Tottally not saying you feel that way).

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
I won't be surprised if he also starts pitching some of Putin's policies.

It's like Trump lives in the attic and Putin is in the basement. Rent free of course.

I'm curious what policies would those be?

The ones that DON'T have America carrying out terrorist acts on our allies?

Turkey Accuses U.S. of Complicity in Istanbul Attack That Killed 6

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 11:33 AM
link   

That is how fascists do things.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: StarsInDust

I have not watched the video but please dont say he suggested that he thinks a 24 hour window is reasonable to excecute someone, if that is what he said its insane, no one, no matter what the crime deserves excecution within 24 hours of arrest.

Just shows how out of touch he is like ALL other politicians.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Execute some of the parents who ignore the needs of their unwanted kids who go off into the world without morals or conscience and I'd consider the idea has a point.

Sounds like familiarising people with the concept of euthanasia on a daily basis.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I love all my dealers except the ones who carry guns. Not that I do anything extreme anyway. Grew up in a gangster-ish family so was heavily into the drug scene by grade 4 lol One of my favorites was a grandmotherly type who sold to pay rent. My current dealer's so adorable I have half a mind to ask if he also sells crack but I haven't decided if it's worth the beating afterwards. A lot of folks are just working to get by so I tend towards empathy 1st. Besides, some of those drugs are awesome!

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

Your taxes now pay for Narcan for all because of Fent.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Considering recent rhetoric coming out of the Right, I'm guessing he goes with Putin's policy that pretty much makes it illegal to be anything but straight in public.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: totitankc1
People have been doing drugs for thousands of years. They wont stop. We would be better off to quit wasting money on a losing battle and follow the Portugal example.

The Portugal example mainly deals with possession and using. I like the idea of Mandatory dual diagnosis programs for users for a minimum of at least 6 months.

The problem are the heavy cartels pumping Fentantyl through our country, I personally know a girl who did a line of coc and died of a fentanyl overdose. She was a beautiful person and it breaks my heart something like that took her back to Heaven.

If a mule is caught coming over our Borders with this stuff, they should be shot imo. Why should taxpayers pay for their incarceration when they don’t care if they are killing our kids!

I also think this should only be for the Fentanyl, carfentanyl traffickers.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 01:27 PM
link   
It costs more to execute someone than it does to keep them in jail for life.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Completely taken out of context....but why am I not surprised?

He clearly said quick trials and is discussing ideas as to how we stop drugs. He brought up countries with swift punishment including death penalty don't appear to have the same levels of drug issues.

I think intuitively, most people know it is ridiculous that criminals sit on death row for decades filing useless appeal after appeal on issues that most often have nothing to do with their guilt or innocence. I'm all for death penalty in clear cut cases of violence. You are on video committing a heinous crime.... i.e., robbing a convenience store. You are a serial killer and the found the bodies in your kitchen.

I am not for death penalty in cases where there could be any doubt. For example, you are found guilty but only because of a singular eye witness. Circumstantial evidence. There is too much corruption in system and witnesses not being truthful.

I don't believe in life w/o parole sentences. If someone is so dangerous they need to die in jail, then we might as well kill them on death row. I don't believe it is fair to tax payers to keep that person alive and the associated costs.

When I see the strung out Geek Monsters hanging around my town, I have no love for dope dealers. However, the reality's is that as long as it is a illegal, there will always be someone willing to risk it all for the financial reward. We also need to start holding the users accountable too though. If people weren't so weak minded, there would be no market for hard drugs...

I recall a story about a town that said they are no longer going to be rescuing OD victims.... let 'em die. At this point, if you are taking coke, fentanyl, crack, heroine, meth.. you are a special kind of stupid.

posted on Nov, 16 2022 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: bounder

Only due to the incessant appeals...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join