It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion kills two in Poland near Ukraine border

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 01:35 PM
link   

WARSAW, Nov 15 (Reuters) - Two people died in an explosion in Przewodow, a village in eastern Poland near the border with Ukraine, firefighters said on Tuesday.

"Firefighters are on the spot, it's not clear what has happened," said Lukasz Kucy, officer on duty at a nearby firefighters' post.

Polish Radio ZET reported earlier that two stray missiles hit Przewodow on Tuesday, killing two people, without giving any more details.

Source

This is a developing story and due to the sensitive nature, a lot of details aren't known.

What we do know is that Russia has been pounding western Ukraine with missiles for the past few days. While Russia claims to be targeting key parts of Ukraine's infrastructure, the results have shown that Russia seems to be targeting anything and everything.

Which brings us to this current story. The Polish government have reported that two Polish citizens have died in an explosion near the Ukrainian border. While the government is not stating the cause of the explosion, Polish media is reporting it was a Russian missile. This claim has also been backed up by at least one US official. There are also reports that Moldova has been hit by at least one Russian missile, although no one seems to have been injured.

The Polish government now have the unenviable task of deciding whether or not to invoke Article 5 of the NATO charter. Even if they don't go that far, they now have a casus beli to join the war in Ukraine.

Poland's reaction will probably hinge on how Russia responds. If Russia is willing to admit their hand in this tragedy and offer reparations, Poland will probably allow this to pass as a mistake. However, if Russia follows their normal MO and tries to blame everyone else, I won't be surprised if it angers Poland further to the point they may seek a more aggressive response.
edit on 11/15/2022 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

The official spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the situation, the AP reported. Reuters could not immediately confirm the information.

Ugh.

Not the type of information to be playing games with.

If true, WWIII just went hot
edit on 15-11-2022 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Calm yourself.
Who cares where it starts?
It was going to start somewhere, at someplace.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 01:49 PM
link   

The goal was to defend the North Atlantic region. The nations sought to block Soviet expansion into Western Europe. The key to the treaty was — and is — Article 5. That article states “The parties agree that an armed attack against one or more of them in Europe or North America shall be considered an attack against them all.”
Link

Here we go.

Interesting that the MSM are including information that they can't verify yet, same as usual.

Poland's hands aren't clean either, just doing NATO dirty-work IMO and some poor farmers paid FFS. Sad.

Here's the reason for WWIII, now they can have what they want...
edit on 11/15/2022 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

You're an idiot, if you believe T.P.T.B., are upset about this "news".
There's a big chance, they created it.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Better to be a Soldier in a garden. Than a gardener, in a war.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

For one, i am an idiot, just not an illustrious one.

B. After FTX info going viral, personally I expected a perfect "in" scenario.

4th. They are going off an anonomys source

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 01:56 PM
link   
All I know is my boys won’t be going to fight this war. So good luck to all those liberals that have been itching for a war with Russia over the past decade. Hope you enjoy the fruits of your labor.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I bet this turns out to be another lie.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Man, the midterms are not already called and we get this. Does this mean after G20 we should expect Taiwan to start off also?

I hear a call for 70 billion for Ukraine.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

let's all remember that the government/Obama made it "publicly legal" to pump as much propaganda into news agencies as they want, in 2016. and we all know who owns all the news agencies and then you look at who those owners are and how much money they've pumped into the political system to manipulate it.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The missile barrage also went into Moldova and knocked out power stations. In Poland it was grain silos. Both of these are strategic targets going into the winter.

This doesn't feel like it was a mistake -- this was intentional targeting.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
All I know is my boys won’t be going to fight this war. So good luck to all those liberals that have been itching for a war with Russia over the past decade. Hope you enjoy the fruits of your labor.

How'd you manage to bring liberal vs conservative into this thread? It's not even political mudpit.

Very highly skilled wordsmith there, many stars from the home team.

We all know there's no such thing as Republican hawks as I think it's called that like to fund wars. Let's devolve into a finger pointing contest.

Edit: It wouldn't be fair because you have more index fingers.
edit on CST02Tue, 15 Nov 2022 14:12:23 -060000000011b2022 by Thrumbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

The official spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the situation, the AP reported. Reuters could not immediately confirm the information.

Ugh.

Not the type of information to be playing games with.

If true, WWIII just went hot

From listening to various experts in the media this afternoon...

For some crazy reason, those in charge of this country would rather end civilization, than break the law by killing Vladimir Putin directly.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany
The missile barrage also went into Moldova and knocked out power stations. In Poland it was grain silos. Both of these are strategic targets going into the winter.

This doesn't feel like it was a mistake -- this was intentional targeting.

Prove it.

Prove that a nuclear power intentionally targeted a NATO nation.

Go on.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 02:10 PM
link   
This story has legs. The State Department is basically acknowledging the reports but is expressing no opinion yet as to whether it's even true or not, an accident or intentional.

Fox News

Russian missiles flew over NATO territory and killed two people in Poland Tuesday, a senior U.S. intelligence official told The Associated Press.

The Polish government has not immediately confirmed the report, but one spokesman Piotr Mueller told the publication that top leaders were holding an emergency meeting over the "crisis situation."

CNN

Two missiles or rockets are reported to have hit a farm in Poland, near the border with Ukraine. Two people are reported killed.

Polish media showed an image of a deep impact and upturned farm vehicle at the site, near the town of Przewodow.

It's unclear where the projectiles came from.

However, the missiles or rockets landed at roughly the same time as a Russian missile attack on western Ukraine.

A government spokesperson said that Polish Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki has convened the Committee of the Council of Ministers for National Security and Defense Affairs.

Fingers crossed that this does not escalate. Russia has already denied it being true, which means not much. Russia always lies. The sun rises in the morning / Russia lies.

I think no matter what the truth is, the official story will be it was an accident.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

No doubt this "story" will develop.

It's developing here in this thread without any confirmation yet.

We're already at a "missile barrage" knocking out grain silos and power stations...which I guess could be true, but without confirmation, who knows?

edit on 11/15/2022 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 02:14 PM
link   

If they do, they have to go fight with the woke transforces of the US. Good luck with that.

People thought Trump's space force was ridiculous but we're talking about fighting with people who don't know what their basic biology is.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 02:15 PM
link   

The idiot warhawks on Fox News this afternoon are so happy!

They were really depressed when Joe Biden decided not to start world war 3 with Vladimir Putin this past spring.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TooMuchTimeAndResearch

Yeah? I don't pay much attention to that kinda stuff.
I've sworn an "oath" to uphold the "law" of my country, more than a couple times! ... I actually read, what I swore an "oath" to! . I'm perfectly okay, with dying and taking a few "domestic enemies" and "American traitors" with me.

All for the "children", "humanity" and for "the planet", of course.
I'm not totally heartless.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join