It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Messmer's Thanksgiving Dinner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Franz Anton Mesmer was a European medical practitioner and philosopher in the late 1700s who founded a school of health he named Mesmerism. After a short period of acceptance in the popular culture, it faded away from lack of results. However some of his thoughts carried on into the early teaching of Freud and the founding of hypnotism. The word Mesmerize means to transfix or to hold ones attention to the exclusion of all else.

In my art I attempt to bring forth symmetry, that is geometrical work as most often demonstrated by Eastern art in it's use of mandalas.
In this piece I abstractly refer to a barnyard turkey surrounding an expanding set of tail feathers emanating from the center point called in Hindu art ''bindu''

And as I am presenting one work with Mesmer in the title, I have another to offer called Dr. Mesmer's Cosmic Clock factory.

This piece also features a solid ''bindu'' which in art is symbolic of the center of existence. This piece uses several other symbolic references. Surrounding the bindu is a four petaled labyrinth, another symbol for ones path through life. I also utilize re-occuring white balls such as in the bindu, held in place by the outer aspects of the labyrinth. These white balls can be understood to be pearls held by what Hinduism calls, Indra's Web, that structure by which all existence is held.

As well, the outer ring of balls are exact copies of the center labyrinth. In Hinduism, Indra's Pearls are seen as a pearl necklace symbolizing the entire universe where each pearl is an exact duplicate of each other, each embodying the totality existence.

If anyone likes, I have recently posted several of my other works here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Franz Anton Mesmer was a European medical practitioner and philosopher in the late 1700s who founded a school of health he named Mesmerism. After a short period of acceptance in the popular culture, it faded away from lack of results. However some of his thoughts carried on into the early teaching of Freud and the founding of hypnotism. The word Mesmerize means to transfix or to hold ones attention to the exclusion of all else.

In my art I attempt to bring forth symmetry, that is geometrical work as most often demonstrated by Eastern art in it's use of mandalas.
In this piece I abstractly refer to a barnyard turkey surrounding an expanding set of tail feathers emanating from the center point called in Hindu art ''bindu''

And as I am presenting one work with Mesmer in the title, I have another to offer called Dr. Mesmer's Cosmic Clock factory.

This piece also features a solid ''bindu'' which in art is symbolic of the center of existence. This piece uses several other symbolic references. Surrounding the bindu is a four petaled labyrinth, another symbol for ones path through life. I also utilize re-occuring white balls such as in the bindu, held in place by the outer aspects of the labyrinth. These white balls can be understood to be pearls held by what Hinduism calls, Indra's Web, that structure by which all existence is held.

As well, the outer ring of balls are exact copies of the center labyrinth. In Hinduism, Indra's Pearls are seen as a pearl necklace symbolizing the entire universe where each pearl is an exact duplicate of each other, each embodying the totality existence.

If anyone likes, I have recently posted several of my other works here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So Beautiful!

What material is it made from? I'm sorry if I missed that.
edit on 11 14 2022 by BelleEpoque because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BelleEpoque

Thank you Belle. Digital. At this point I am still using a 20 year old drawing program with which I can utilize my drafting skills learned ages ago for my work. Would that I could create these in fabric, though from what I understand there are now computer driven looms that all you have to do is put in an image into the computer and it will print it out for you in what ever fabric you want.

I have several hung in my home that were printed onto canvas by a local printer guy but that can be expensive, like 50 or 60 bucks for a two foot by two foot print.

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Neat! Beautiful colors. I do photoshop so this is very interesting. how do you work out the colors?

edit on 11 14 2022 by BelleEpoque because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 02:52 PM
link   

One could say these spiral like structures are Mesmerizing.

That round sphere, in the middle of the first picture, looks like what I see when I meditate with closed eyes and start to hum. Get's bigger until it fills my whole inner vision.

Interesting!

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=26766659]BelleEpoque[/post

Well, there is a color pallet with the old program I use called Paint Shop Pro. I often start with two shades of grey and start constructing. It's not really drawing so much as it is construction. I start building geometric forms and depending on my mood I guess, I then change the greys to whatever color I like. There is a function called ''flood fill'' that can be used to do that. One solid color that is made up of only one color pixel can be changed with the click of a finger to another color of ones choice. It's fun to develop something from scratch.

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDDAgain

One could say these spiral like structures are Mesmerizing.

That round sphere, in the middle of the first picture, looks like what I see when I meditate with closed eyes and start to hum. Get's bigger until it fills my whole inner vision.

Interesting!

That's understandable as mandalas are an art from utilized as tools for meditation in Hinduism, Buddhism and other meditative practices. It's with this intent that I create these and others I have posted here. More than that I can say that working this art into reality is my own personal spiritual practice. I"m glad you liked them.

T

new topics

top topics

join