It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GEN Z vs BABY BOOMERS

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

The "why" is because the government got involved. When government pays, the colleges have the richest pocket to dip into. So they can keep raising costs, and government, who guarantees loans, will keep paying, and the borrowers keep borrowing more and more because government won't tell them no.

Suddenly, your underwater basket weaving costs way more than you can ever hope to repay.

But government loves that because they have you twice now. You're paying them back forever *and* you owe them taxes. It's a win/win for them, and that's why they won't ever seriously forgive your debt either.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: MykeNukem

One of the key aspects of victim mentality is a marked lack of empathy for anyone other than themselves though even as they demand everyone have empathy for them.

It's like the transgender bathroom/locker room/changing room issue. When presented with the sensible solution - a single room for trangenders, but this was rejected as lacking empathy for transgenders who just wanted to be with the gender of their identity. They felt so uncomfortable among those of their biology! And that right there was the problem. The same discomfort they felt, they were often subjecting other women and girls to by having male bodies in the locker rooms and changing rooms. Where was the empathy for those girls? The victims lack it entirely.

Yep, that's where the disconnect with logic, consistency, and fairness is.

You have to "accept" everyone's views, but we don't have to "accept" your views, as they're outdated.

Hard to be empathetic when those are the conditions, lol.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021
a reply to: JAGStorm

I am a boomer, and I agree with Gen Z.

I was able to earn my degree, back in the day, and was able to do so without any debt via grants and scholarships.

Whatever happened to those?

And yes, education costs in general, and college costs especially have become ridiculous.

Why?

Though I agree it is expensive now I'll try to answer your question.... It is because many are lazy and do not want to lift a finger to support themselves while in school or prepare before. To add on to that many go to college to have fun and party taking a crappy degree that doesn't align with anything in the business world and after four years end up becoming a barista and complain they can not pay off their college debts. I would say 50% of the people in college should not be there.

Here is the breakdown of the average cost per year for tuition and fees in 2022. $38,070 at private colleges, $10,740 at public colleges (in-state residents) $27,560 at public colleges (out-of-state residents) Now take on room and board so another 10k or so per year.

On the up side only about 50% of students leave college with student loans, and the average loan per state is 18k to 40k, so kind of like a car payment. Here is the funny part... The average student loan in England, home of free education is 45k pounds, why is that?

The two BIG issues are the interest rates and the sh!t degrees, fix though two things and there is no student loan problem.

edit on 15-11-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: JAGStorm

As a Boomer, all I have to say is suck it up. . . Buttercup.

And get off my lawn.

I think each generation has something to offer as per their differing generational situations and experiences, therefore different views, in life. So, I think the trick is to listen and try to understand.

As another boomer each generation has different generational experiences and therefore views, so while boomers have a lawn subsequent generations aren't and won't be able to afford that little plot of land. So, we need to listen and understand each other's situations and experiences and make changes accordingly.

Boomers: When life hands you lemons, make lemonade.

GenX: When life hands you lemons, create a start-up to make healthy lemon drink as an alternative to unhealthy sugar-laden lemonade.

Millennials: Ha ha ha ha, as if life would give lemons for free.

GenZ: When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and wow the world as to how you did it.
edit on 15-11-2022 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 11:19 AM
link   
If you slacked off in HS and have poor grades, about the best you can do is a community college. Look on the positive side, you will save a lot of money and still have a great job down at the lumber yard or 7/11.

University education and fancy degrees are overrated.
edit on 15-11-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
If you slacked off in HS and have poor grades, about the best you can do is a community college. Look on the positive side, you will save a lot of money and still have a great job down at the lumber yard or 7/11.

You have heard of these things called "Trades"?

I know many people who earn more, and I would argue, contribute more, than the average university graduate.

2 sides to the coin.

posted on Nov, 15 2022 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Heck I wish I had followed the trade skills, I would be a lot more secure in this Biden economy.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join