It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's The Matter

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I don't... The bickering, the twittering, the flapping. And the attitude...
feeding on the earthly goods but too good to be down to earth...

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

lol no.
You brave soul.
I think they're totally unpredictable and scary. But at the same time amazing, beautiful, smart, 'responsive' they got no fear of interaction with you. Especially crows.
They love to hack the eyes of the dead on the battlefields. We're food that hasn't dropped yet.

edit on 1-12-2022 by Peeple because: G

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Animals are a lot more predictable than humans.

Polar bears are white but they're not supremacists. Foxes get hungry but do they hunt new born babies in their cribs?

I doubt it.

What I do find absolutely predictable is human/animal interactions and the unfortunate outcomes.

This conversation spawned from the idea of applying human traits to animals, such things as hate and vengeance. I'm not a psychologist or an animal behaviourist and I don't claim to know the minds of animals.

They love to hack the eyes of the dead on the battlefields. We're food that hasn't dropped yet.

As the living we're all opportunists. Better the birds before the worms dig in! No less morbid than taking souvenirs or robbing the dead. Less actually.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Sounds like jealousy!

I wouldn't blame ya, it's almost like they mock all us earthbound idiots as they crap on us.

I'll flip if they're all battery operated!

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I'm happy with the same.

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Jealousy.... Hmmm a hint of... maybe?
i mean flying is really cool.
But Look...

...it's the bat signal...

The only trick they have left up their sleeves is landing on the power lines, bats can't do that...

edit on 1-12-2022 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Those pesky lines belong to mammals anyways!

It's probably how they charge the batteries...

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 03:45 AM
link   

I wonder what grudges that wagtail held in it's mind?

Dunno RAY. The desired outcome of the event itself is clear. Kill the cat. Anything more would be speculative. The cat was a good mouser. Maybe the cat ate one of the bird's friends, or perhaps the bird was just doing a civil act of making the area safer for small creatures.

I'm not sure there's a moral to my story, that bird was lovely to me but a monster for others.

Even monsters can recognise a kind heart . . .

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: NobodySpecial268

First they though i was an annual plant, so they waited, but I kept growing.
Then they thought i was a tree, so they sent the loggers, but they got lost in the forest.
Then they thought I was a dog and tried to tame me, but I never stopped running wild.
Then they thaught I was a cat, and sent the birds to lure me, but harm set harm get.
Then they though I was a bird and sent the falcons.
Then they asked who the heck do you think you are, so I asked the same.
Answer Pending

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

First they though i was an annual plant, so they waited, but I kept growing.
Then they thought i was a tree, so they sent the loggers, but they got lost in the forest.
Then they thought I was a dog and tried to tame me, but I never stopped running wild.
Then they thaught I was a cat, and sent the birds to lure me, but harm set harm get.
Then they though I was a bird and sent the falcons.
Then they asked who the heck do you think you are, so I asked the same.
Answer Pending

That is actually quite beautiful!

Is that a quote? Or did you write it yourself?

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: KindraLabelle2

Just had that pop into my mind, it's very personal.

Then they sent the witches...
edit on 2-12-2022 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Just had that pop into my mind, it's very personal.

Well I like it!

it resonates well with with my rant thread so good timing

"who the heck do you think you are?".... "then they sent the witches"

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I used to ask "Why do you interfere here?" ~Silence

For years, I would always ask them the same question ~ Always silence.

They answered my question one day ~ Because we can.

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 06:04 AM
link   

OMG I loved that.
Incredible plausible.

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 06:30 AM
link   

It's funny they get all worked up when you can interfere there...

I could stop but can they?

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Witches will never catch a nimble little imp like you, too many tricks.

I liked your premise and was disappointed it got a little lost as time went on. It was still a good thread.

There are many that claim, and some evidence I haven't been able to thoroughly vet, that Jesus was traveling in India. I don't know if there's any real evidence who he traveled with, but it would seem likely it would have been people in that niche that gypsies ended up filling. There are also some that say the Roma may have originated in Egypt, where Jesus was in his youth and hooked up with some group. That would make a lot of sense to me based on reading the gospels as a non-Christian. Adjusted to the time/custom and language, Christ seemed to promote a very Eastern/Indian philosophy. There's also a great deal of hard-nosed science that seems to point to these ancient cultures knowing some pretty far out things that we're "just learning".

Rome took over the church and made some adjustments to scripture to more deeply enforce their rule. Perhaps having never been believers they were dismissing the claims of "magic". Maybe they knew and were afraid of what that information was capable of. Seemingly each generation has managed to corrupt some aspect of ancient knowledge across the whole civilized world.

As the gypsies moved through Europe they kept getting run off. Their constant travel through hostile territory never allowed them to achieve the quantum cohesion necessary to perform big magic. If you imagine going through India among whole cities of believers, all that collective belief, it would make magic part of the fabric of the landscape. Those with the knowledge could use that to perform miracles. As the reach of progress rolled across the whole planet both the knowledge and collective belief faded away.

Now we have sufficiently stigmatized religion to make spirituality itself taboo. Science keeps pushing us closer to some profound answers about reality and culture keeps pushing us in the opposite direction. Culture wants us to keep getting more stuff while science is telling us the stuff we already have may not be real by our definition. I think science has a long way to go and no matter how far it does there will always be a tiny gap of faith. It may get smaller as science gets better, but there will always be a gap of faith. On that event horizon belief becomes reality. The best most of us can do is catch momentary glimpses of the event horizon. Those that touch it are the ones that still know how to perform magic.

The further back things go the more flexibility I find myself having about the possibilities. I'm definitely not sold on our history being quite as mundane or as short as most believe.

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 09:10 AM
link   

A bit scarey too.

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

I always sort of found the midget of that iluminatus trilogy an intriguing caracter...

I was genuinely worried I'd give the xénophobes something new to focus their fears on.
But I found it curious that such a consisten world wide culture is barely taken into account, and wanted to see what others thought, it has been lingering in the back of my head for some time.

I'm glad it veered away...

posted on Dec, 2 2022 @ 06:52 PM
link   
A Collective Conscious not much different then a giant server with computers or what techno babble have you. It would be like the World Stone from Diablo 2, that it keeps the whole world together but separate from the realms while retaining all human memory if there is a human collective. Water passes through multiple living things solidifying their existence since without water there be no life on earth. A drop water might of been Dino Pee once or twice a million times, an now it bottled an fresh. Then atoms having vast amounts of space an what not.

Aristotle said Jews may migrated from India as well, an probably just as nomadic, so they might have a some relation to Gypsies before becoming removed. Thing is, Gypsies are more persecuted then Jews, and you don’t get to hear a lot of good things about them. Tarot Card were believed to have come from them, when it really was Medieval playing cards.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join